Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Feminism, Capatalism and the socio-economic effects of the Advent of VR

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Sexual content is increasing on this forum! Thats awesome! Time to get rid of bigotry!

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Sexual content is increasing on this forum! Thats awesome! Time to get rid of bigotry!

Someone ban this pervert, he's dirtying up my futures!

I hope I never get bored enough to start simulating monkey on monkey sex.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

how do we even know monkeys enjoy it? It might be like washing the dishes for them lol

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Check this...it seems like the Elephant is smiliing

Edited by Italian Ufo, 12 April 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

and look at this horse...he is defently smiling so it is not like washing the dishes lol The video was filmed in italy

Edited by Italian Ufo, 12 April 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Ah but how do you know that wasn't their normal mouths?

Plus the horses might have been thinking about sweet, sweet grass

lol

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
how do we even know monkeys enjoy it? It might be like washing the dishes for them lol

Don't be stupid, monkeys don't wash dishes.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

While on topic, I have to post this.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

oh my even the turtles are getting in on it! I'm loving how we seem to have scared every other member off this thread!

Sigh...and the thread had such an academic title :cool:

Anyway wouldn't animal sex, in VR be labelled bestiality, and thus be illegal like it is today?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Yes peraphs, lets go back on topic.

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Sensibly, no because you aren't harming a real animal, much like video game violence is allowed because you aren't really eviscerating anyone with your lancer.

Makes you wonder just how far that could go, are malicious fantasies likely to be legal? Rape? Murder? Worse? If no real people are being harmed, is it okay to indulge in these twisted escapes? Or are we to pretend that humans don't have a dark side, banning anything that crosses the threshold of good taste?

Another question could be, if the AI is advanced enough, doesn't any cruel act upon it stand to be just as immoral as harming another human in the same fashion?

Edited by Rkw, 12 April 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

but there are still rules in video games, for example you cant kill children and stuff. Maybe that will carry on into VR (though good luck policing it)

midnightr

midnightr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks guys, this thread was pretty funny hahaha!

• Italian Ufo likes this

Rkw

Rkw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
but there are still rules in video games, for example you cant kill children and stuff. Maybe that will carry on into VR (though good luck policing it)

That isn't a rule... Is it?

I thought that was just a developers decision, to avoid negative feedback from the media, headlines reading "Kittens and Children, fair prey in GTA5" would probably kick up the old video games = violent killers nonsense.

Games that offer moral choices, no matter how primitive are often praised. I remember in Mass Effect 2 how hilariously fun it was to go renegade and kick someone from a mile high building during a cutscene. I'd hope that kind of thing would only get more bold.

I mean really; if I want to, why shouldn't I shoot Timmy the digital 8 year old in the face?

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

That isn't a rule... Is it?

I thought that was just a developers decision, to avoid negative feedback from the media, headlines reading "Kittens and Children, fair prey in GTA5" would probably kick up the old video games = violent killers nonsense.

Games that offer moral choices, no matter how primitive are often praised. I remember in Mass Effect 2 how hilariously fun it was to go renegade and kick someone from a mile high building during a cutscene. I'd hope that kind of thing would only get more bold.

I mean really; if I want to, why shouldn't I shoot Timmy the digital 8 year old in the face?

Well, by the time we get to VR I would be surprised if there were still any "developers" out there. There may be a few, but I reckon by and large we will be our own developers. So in that way, I suppose we could do what we want and shoot Timmy for being a brat.

But that isn't to say there that there won't be censorship.

Read this article-point 3 specifically:

http://www.cracked.c...d-in-future_p2/

Whilst I acknowledge that the author of the article is hardly a futurist and so is talking out of his arse for most of the 6 points (applying today's social attitudes to tomorrow), it does raise interesting points.

What if there was a cyber-police that monitored what you did online?

I also think there might be groups lobbying against VR, for the usual selfish reasons, e.g. copyright (you could steal the Mass Effect, Star Wars Universes for your own VR and not pay the developers) and as usual the feminists.

What I fear is that the feminists lobby the government and ban sex in VR, or anything that is remotely degrading to women, under the guise of pedophilia or rape.

e.g. We should ban sex in VR because it encourages men to rape women and even little girls! We need it to be policed!!!

Hopefully all the feminists will be gone by 2050 but who knows?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Yes thats a possible scenario unfortunally.  Femminism may try to ban virtual sex or reduce the  pleasure offred by the technology, so that women can keep men under control.

I can see this happening very well.  In italy in the 1960s we had the first nude scene ever with the famous actress Sophia Loren since then nudity became the norm.

You could see naked women even at 8:30 pm. Now due to femminist pressure, women cover more on tv and tv programms have less spectators.

Here is some example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So will virtual sex will be banned? it depends from us Black Knights to resist and oppose to femminism. Even us men need to be happy!

Posted Image

thats from a famous movie called Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow (1963).

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

but then again it may be impossible to monitor what you do in VR. Depends if you are connected to the internet or not...

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
but then again it may be impossible to monitor what you do in VR. Depends if you are connected to the internet or not...

It is all up to the responsability of governments. if they will restric sex on VR parallel crime organizations will take the buisness in a way or another.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I think that this a growing concern. Governments seem to think they are entitled to censor and control us.

One may not agree with piracy, but to censor the internet, the one free domain? Outrageous! And yet there is nothing we can do.

I hope that one day we can get rid of the slimy politicians and replace them with advanced AI.

I know that if VR was censored, I would be furious.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
VR should be completely free of censorship, unless in extreme circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users