Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Feminism, Capatalism and the socio-economic effects of the Advent of VR

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

and yes femminism is the evil for me, peace your mind

hellgorama

hellgorama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
You sir resort to calling me a liar? http://www.c-spanvideo.org/kenjaggard

Taken at a meeting I helped organize in which the discussion of men talking more than women came up by a nonfeminist who opposes the feminist in some respects, but none the less she wanted the men to be quiet and women to step forward and my response was to admit that men were taking the majority of speaking roles and if she would be interested she was welcome to take control of the situation and appoint any woman who wanted to take control of other parts to the meeting. She was very suddenly not a fan of the spot light and no other women felt they were restricted from participation. Whe I continued I made my point clear that simply becausse one group chooses to not involve itself in the same ways does not mean that those who do the majority of the talking toward working out solutions need to stop talking and not resolve problems to accomidate some phallicy of equal time.

I hadn't any intention of even speaking or organizing but the woman who was supposed to do it that day was absent and I was asked to fill in, as I had been on televison and radio multiple times for other causes and was a neutral party in many senses at the time I was asked to help organize.

Shall I find links to my appearnce with an irish radio host, or in news papers. Or Howabout my genetic profile through the company that tested me. Would you like to see some of my paintings photographed. How about my online web comics? My byline as a contributer to a collabrative world of a published source book? I believe at one point I did infact post a picture on here or one of my tinkering inventions, the extra set of arms I built for helping work on projects that require more than two hands.

Hmm what else shall I offer to help absolve you of this permeating doubt? And more importantly what are you offering as your credentials in return? What claim to experiencial knowledge and authority do you have in your proposed dick measuring contest?

At what point in the video were you confronted about the men dominating the discussion by the nonfeminist? Was it at around the 1:40:00 mark?

Edited by hellgorama, 17 April 2013 - 04:08 AM.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

It was after gathering agian to report on work groups. I'm not sure how far the feed runs, and I know they tried to show it live but it ran over time and they couldn't get a signal through the old stone walls and surrounding cement structures. So the video was recorded and an edited version was aired. I've not watched the video there all the way through to see what is there and what isn't.

I supplied it mainly because certain individuals seem to think that other people who have experiences that don't support his theories are liars about their experiences in activist circles and organizing divergent people to cooperative actions. I've made no secrets of my activities or identity, and it's an employment risk for certain organizations to even interview me. But I don't hide behind an annonymous avatar and try calling others liars and ignorant because they aren't doing or saying what I think they should.

I oppose extremism in general, what's been seen thus far on these boards is usually one sided extremism, thus by definition I'm often caught in a position of seeming to be the opposition of the principle rather than the extremism. Shrug, such is the nature of things.

If anybody here was even remotely interested in being nonhypocritical and avoiding ignorance the question would have been asked by now what my stance or beliefs are, rather than assuming that simply because I'm objecting to rhetoric and extremism I'm the exact opposite of whatever I'm objecting to.

I've briefly entertained the notion of doing a post to make my stance clear, but honestly that seems kind of soap boxy for a forum that is supposed to be about furturism.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
It was after gathering agian to report on work groups. I'm not sure how far the feed runs, and I know they tried to show it live but it ran over time and they couldn't get a signal through the old stone walls and surrounding cement structures. So the video was recorded and an edited version was aired. I've not watched the video there all the way through to see what is there and what isn't.

I supplied it mainly because certain individuals seem to think that other people who have experiences that don't support his theories are liars about their experiences in activist circles and organizing divergent people to cooperative actions. I've made no secrets of my activities or identity, and it's an employment risk for certain organizations to even interview me. But I don't hide behind an annonymous avatar and try calling others liars and ignorant because they aren't doing or saying what I think they should.

I oppose extremism in general, what's been seen thus far on these boards is usually one sided extremism, thus by definition I'm often caught in a position of seeming to be the opposition of the principle rather than the extremism. Shrug, such is the nature of things.

If anybody here was even remotely interested in being nonhypocritical and avoiding ignorance the question would have been asked by now what my stance or beliefs are, rather than assuming that simply because I'm objecting to rhetoric and extremism I'm the exact opposite of whatever I'm objecting to.

I've briefly entertained the notion of doing a post to make my stance clear, but honestly that seems kind of soap boxy for a forum that is supposed to be about furturism.

Thats your problem not mine. I protect myself and my own identity. That dosent discredit me at all. When there is more to loose than to gain, then the game dosent worth it. Still some know me here and know what i am and what i do in life. The fact that i dont want to post things as you do, is for my security.

So i am not a simple avatar,  as you claim. first one get my trust then can learn about me and i can share information about me.

You are doing a tragedy about nothing.

Before calling me a troll like the other day...or extremist or similar things...did you really questions my belives? you didnt. and where i seemed to give hints you still failed to fully understand me. you judge me for what i write so i do with you. As you didnt have further questions about me...i didnt have further questions about you either.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Dude you keep make these accusations about judging you. Not once have I made a judgment about you. I call you on the things you say that I know from experience to be misrepresentations of facts. Plain and simple.

It's one of my core beliefs to only address the information and conduct of people and not make judgements about a person or group of people. The facts and ramifications of actions are apparent and can be addressed based on the result. People are too complex and subject to cultural, languange and personel experience differences and thus subject to interpretation.

However you seem to have no qualms about calling people liars and ignorant when they do not supply you with what you want to hear.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
Dude you keep make these accusations about judging you. Not once have I made a judgment about you. I call you on the things you say that I know from experience to be misrepresentations of facts. Plain and simple.

It's one of my core beliefs to only address the information and conduct of people and not make judgements about a person or group of people. The facts and ramifications of actions are apparent and can be addressed based on the result. People are too complex and subject to cultural, languange and personel experience differences and thus subject to interpretation.

However you seem to have no qualms about calling people liars and ignorant when they do not supply you with what you want to hear.

Dude, it is just rare to hear people who did many things like you and one can be skeptical..now i have some evidence of your activities.. but you are playing the victim now..

you are taking praise of yourself just because you posted a video and you are trying to discredit me because i dont do the same...without knoing who is behind with screen. look not to praise myself i did a lot of things too and in several fields.. some who are friends on FB with me know it... if i want to protect myself it is my choice...like the majority of people do it here...

.and yes you make accusations of me...inderectly you did....at least take your own responsabilities.

and about ignorance...there was no need to use bad words so often thats ignorance for me.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,825 posts

No, not praise. Answering you pompus challenge. Where I come from, questioning somebodies truths and identity and makeing  what they say out to be lies in a public place, even going to the point of putting it on them to prove who and what they are while not being willing to do the same for your own is not only conflating personal identity and status with the value of your argument  (a logical fallacy) but a grievous hypocritical act.

Where I come questioning somebodies honor in public, without proving your own, and especially when you are shown to be wrong, leads to either a public apology or a clock cleaning if you don't. In general I don't hold to the idea of fighting, because if you have to fight loudly or physically for a point it generally means the other side will never agree or that you are failing to make a convincing argument. Neither of which will be resolved in the fight. But I will NOT have anyone tell me the life I worked damn hard to put together for myself is bullshit. I earned my life and reputation and will not be called fake. No drama, just being straight. I will tell you exactly who I am and I freely accept the limits it may put on my life and when people question it those questions do not go unanswered. Full Stop.

I'm sure in some regard part of this is due in part to cultural and language barriers. As you seem to think asking is a racially loaded topic is an attempt to troll with calling you a troll. To you that may seem like splitting hairs. But one is a statment of chracter and the other is a questioning of the conduct of asking clearly devisive questions and whether the asker is aware of the way it sounds and the crap storm he's just opened up.

.and yes you make accusations of me...inderectly you did....at least take your own responsabilities.

Please share then. I'll gladly clear up any misunderstanding you seem to have with regards to this.

Ignorance:

a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>

b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

1. dick measuring contest

A conflict in which two parties (ususally male) are vehemently disputing something of limited relevance. Generally, both parties are somewhat wrong, but each refuses to be back down for fear of being thought the have the smaller of their two penises. Similar to a pissing match, but generally, the conflict involved involves a larger element of machismo, and continues on only because neither side wants to be seen as the one who backs down.

thus asking people to prove who they are or have any point they make be seen as lies and not worth acknowledging.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
No, not praise. Answering you pompus challenge. Where I come from, questioning somebodies truths and identity and makeing  what they say out to be lies in a public place, even going to the point of putting it on them to prove who and what they are while not being willing to do the same for your own is not only conflating personal identity and status with the value of your argument  (a logical fallacy) but a grievous hypocritical act.

Where I come questioning somebodies honor in public, without proving your own, and especially when you are shown to be wrong, leads to either a public apology or a clock cleaning if you don't. In general I don't hold to the idea of fighting, because if you have to fight loudly or physically for a point it generally means the other side will never agree or that you are failing to make a convincing argument. Neither of which will be resolved in the fight. But I will NOT have anyone tell me the life I worked damn hard to put together for myself is bullshit. I earned my life and reputation and will not be called fake. No drama, just being straight. I will tell you exactly who I am and I freely accept the limits it may put on my life and when people question it those questions do not go unanswered. Full Stop.

I'm sure in some regard part of this is due in part to cultural and language barriers. As you seem to think asking is a racially loaded topic is an attempt to troll with calling you a troll. To you that may seem like splitting hairs. But one is a statment of chracter and the other is a questioning of the conduct of asking clearly devisive questions and whether the asker is aware of the way it sounds and the crap storm he's just opened up.

Please share then. I'll gladly clear up any misunderstanding you seem to have with regards to this.

Ignorance:

a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>

b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

1. dick measuring contest

A conflict in which two parties (ususally male) are vehemently disputing something of limited relevance. Generally, both parties are somewhat wrong, but each refuses to be back down for fear of being thought the have the smaller of their two penises. Similar to a pissing match, but generally, the conflict involved involves a larger element of machismo, and continues on only because neither side wants to be seen as the one who backs down.

thus asking people to prove who they are or have any point they make be seen as lies and not worth acknowledging.

If you want, to show who you are  and I dont, it dosent make you a bettter person or more credible person. it dosent take a video or a link or a CV to necesserly prove that you know more than me. if i dont want to show my cards dosent make me an hypocrite. i only put into questions your identity  but didnt ask for references.

Ignorance in my cultural contest means also the lack of exspress properly or in a dimplomatic and civil way. This because bad words usually belong to people who didnt study or who hadnt raise their cultures through their experiences.

To me i didnt like the other day when you called me a troll on the post of black people.  I make random jokes on here but i contribute to site seriously. my post was not sarcastic. i had experience of black victmood and so some people i know but i dont want to talk of that on here. my post was serious. Victmood is a problem in our and it sometimes prevent some cultures to evolve or often it is used as an excuse for its own gain.

i talked about black people, but i could do the same about Jews, Serbs, or any other race. i also specified some black. 

it was an open topic. it dosent make me an extremist or a person against blacks. There was no point to define a not serious person

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I support neither feminism nor men's rights movements. I just support equal rights for both genders, and I feel that most traits and behaviors should be considered unisex, neither masculine nor feminine. People should not be judged based on gender. Basically, I would like to live in a gender-blind (like color-blind) world.

ddmkm122

ddmkm122

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York, The United States Of America.

I support neither feminism nor men's rights movements. I just support equal rights for both genders, and I feel that most traits and behaviors should be considered unisex, neither masculine nor feminine. People should not be judged based on gender. Basically, I would like to live in a gender-blind (like color-blind) world.

Me too!

daniclifun

daniclifun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

In 2050 for sure you wont see absurd websites like this..

http://www.sugardaddytoday.com/

http://www.whatsyourprice.com/

http://www.wealthymen.com/

Women are hypergamous, they "love" for economic/social power - fact! This emotional, social, economic, sexual objectification of men by women must stop. The fact that when two go on a date just the man has to pay has to stop! until the objectification of men will be carried on, there will always be dissent.

Virtual reality for sure will help to broke this vicious circle, but I dont see this happening before 2050. In 2030 we may have some VR but it wont be very accurate.

The real exodus will be around 50s and 60s then virtual reality will be almost  real. But in terms of graphic and senses.

However, it will be very expensive at first.

I already see a fictional website called electra.com where they expose all these beautiful virtual women. Each of them will cost like a car 10.000 20.000 dollars of today.

They will explain the benefits of such investiment. These virtual women can also modify their personality according to your tastes and upgrade themself.

Only in the 2080s I will see prices go drastically down in VR. Thats where men will start to be free from women s game.

But what man can do for now?

So, should males refrain from driving flashy cars? Should men refrain from displaying symbols of economic status because it is a manipulate tease and exertion of sexual power over females?" -

yes, I do think so, primarily because it is this obsession with "performance" and accumulating the success symbols that keeps men bounded in the externalised toxicity of economic/power objectification and destroys their capacity for connection with their own emotions and capacity to to express these emotions in multifarious forms except powerless anger and vacuous monetary affluence. If men stop to invest in the externalised symbols of socio-economic power the entire exploitative cycle grinds to halt; most of the men who "fall in love" on a smile, or a voice or face or her being nice will start to understand what they really want from relationships and how most of the women are incapable of fulfilling it. This will not only help men to grow out of their own gender binds but will force women to face the nefariousness and increasing futility of their sexual power games.

yup, we will not see those online dating sites on review websites like [x] in the future. Those sites will be eliminated. And they will be replaced by match making Virtual Reality. People will not waste their time on online websites.

Alislaws

Alislaws

Democratic Socialist Materialist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationLondon

yup, we will not see those online dating sites on review websites like [x] in the future. Those sites will be eliminated. And they will be replaced by match making Virtual Reality. People will not waste their time on online websites.

Is this just one spammer making multiple accounts? I like the way they're working hard to embed their links in context appropriate places, someone is doing it manually though, which is a shame, It would be super impressive if they had a bot doing it. 

• Jakob and rennerpetey like this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

yup, we will not see those online dating sites on review websites like [x] in the future. Those sites will be eliminated. And they will be replaced by match making Virtual Reality. People will not waste their time on online websites.

Is this just one spammer making multiple accounts? I like the way they're working hard to embed their links in context appropriate places, someone is doing it manually though, which is a shame, It would be super impressive if they had a bot doing it. 

There should be a Terminator ripoff where Skynet is a spambot that got too smart and sent a robot back in time to kill the inventor of the CAPTCHA.

• Erowind, Alislaws and rennerpetey like this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

Talking about CAPTCHAS though, this is getting insane. They constantly make me redo them, it usually takes 3-4 tries before it goes through. I swear the program can't make up it's mind on whether it wants to count the edge of a sign as a sign or not. What we need is behind the scene deep learning algorithms warring with each other to prevent website exploitation, leave us humans out of it. *Joking*

• rennerpetey likes this

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

When you can drive a ferrari in VR, who cares what you drive in real life?

The sort of people who drive Ferraris, maybe? They're a status symbol, not something of practical value.

Spoiler

CoolGuy23

CoolGuy23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

When you can drive a ferrari in VR, who cares what you drive in real life?

The sort of people who drive Ferraris, maybe? They're a status symbol, not something of practical value.

I agree. Literally the only reason I would buy one is if I was a hedge fund manager and wanted to impress people. I'm good with a Cadillac otherwise.

• Jakob likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,228 posts

That quote is from the OP, in case that wasn't clear.

• CoolGuy23 likes this

Spoiler

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationInside some convoluted formula I don't actually understand.

You guys have no respect for good old American classics. All I need is an old Corvette C5 and the wide open road. I mean come on, how is this thing not awesome.

197m1b2ompybpjpg.jpg

I don't have one yet, waiting till I'm richer but man is it a nice car.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users