Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

They mean well.

North Korea could co-host 2018 Winter Olympics, Seoul suggests

South Korea has proposed that North Korea host some of the skiing events at next year’s Winter Olympics, in a move it hopes will ease cross-border political tensions.
The South Korean sports minister, Do Jong-hwan, has also suggested forming an inter-Korean women’s ice hockey team to compete at the Games, which open in February in the South Korean town of Pyeongchang.
Do cited North Korea’s “top-class” Masikryong ski resort as a potential venue and said he would discuss co-hosting with Jang Woong, North Korea’s delegate to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), according to South Korean media.
His overture reflects a desire by South Korea’s new president, Moon Jae-in, for cautious engagement with Pyongyang, despite anger over the its recent missile launches and the death this week of the US university student Otto Warmbier after nearly 17 months in a North Korean prison.
Moon suggested earlier this month that the two countries lead a north-east Asian bid to host the 2030 World Cup.

• Alislaws likes this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationArgentina

^That would be interesting to see

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Intel drones and VR headed to 2018 Olympics

The next Olympic Games will be a spectacle of modern technology.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Wednesday announced a new partnership with Intel (INTCTech30) that will run through 2024. The Santa Clara, Calif.-based chip maker will provide drones, virtual reality, artificial intelligence and 360-degree video platforms to help capture Olympic events.
The partnership will start with the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

The 2018 Olympics will be a drone-filled, 5G-connected spectacle

The next Olympic Games are gonna be lit... with technology.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Intel, which became an official Olympic Partner on Wednesday (and makes most of the CPUs inside today's PCs and all of them on Macs), promises to bring a wide array of cutting-edge technology to the Olympic games, beginning with the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

NHL boss asked point-blank: 'Is the 2018 Olympics dead?'

The NHL has announced it will not participate in the 2018 Olympics, and commissioner Gary Bettman didn’t budge from that stance Monday.
“Is the 2018 Olympics dead?” a reporter asked Bettman at a press conference before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

France Threatens to Skip 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea Over Security Concerns

http://www.latimes.c...0922-story.html

Introduction:

A week of bluster and bargaining at the United Nations has done little to ease safety concerns surrounding the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

With world leaders offering a variety of approaches to the issue of neighboring North Korea and its expanding nuclear program, a French official said her country would consider skipping the Games in February.

Sports Minister Laura Flessel told RTL radio that if “our security cannot be assured, the French Olympics team will stay at home.”

“We’re not there yet,” she added.

Other countries — including the U.S., Japan and China — have insisted their teams are continuing to prepare for Pyeongchang.

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

millohowa

millohowa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

06fa42.jpg

While public officials and attorneys of international sports organizations stay positive about the 2018 Olympics in South Korea despite the unceasing exchange of threats between the U.S. and North Korea, the decline of viewers' interest and tourist expectations over the upcoming main winter sports event prove quite the opposite.

Earlier in 2017 the International Olympic Committee expressed its concern about selling tickets in South Korea, and now it is time for the Committee and sponsors to ring the alarm bell because selling tickets to tourists also turned out to be a no go. In some countries the PyeongChang 2018 Ticket Lottery misfired because the demand was significantly lower than the amount of tickets reserved for that purpose.

Sometimes things are really sad. The Korea Federation of Banks, one of the official PyeongChang 2018 sponsors, said in September 2017 it had to buy 1 billion worth of tickets as part of its "social responsibility" efforts. That means the tickets will be spread among Federation's employees free of charge in an effort to support the Olympics.

Of course, public interest in winter sports has not vanished, but people still remember about what we call self-protection. But when the U.S. Olympic Committee's security chief says there is no sign of compromised security in North Korea a few days after Trump threatened to destroy North Korea in his first U.N. speech... Well, it is time to relax and think it over...

Canada's authorities also do not care a stich about security of their own citizens who schedule their visits to PyeongChang in 2018. Alarmed fans forward their letters to newspapers which try and fail to get any response from the authorities. Canadians will most likely have to go to South Korea at their own risk in February 2018.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

@millohowa. You might be interested in this thread:

http://www.futuretim...olympics/page-2

• Yuli Ban likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

@millohowa. You might be interested in this thread:

http://www.futuretim...olympics/page-2

Agreed; merged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users