Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Future Timeline forums are 2 years old!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063
Facebook is becoming so boring lately

I agree.  I don't care what you had for dinner, yes your baby is cute but it looks just like that other baby, stop flashing airport signs to rub your worldly schedule in my face, and why are you ALWAYS AT THE BEACH???

• Italian Ufo likes this
Humanity's destiny is infinity

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
Facebook is becoming so boring lately

I agree.  I don't care what you had for dinner, yes your baby is cute but it looks just like that other baby, stop flashing airport signs to rub your worldly schedule in my face, and why are you ALWAYS AT THE BEACH???

Yes, they all seem nice and happy, it  looks like the portrayed of an idyllic life...while I think people should discuss more about their problems in a healthy way.. I dislike people that continuously vent about their silly problems...I don't want to know that your car breaks twice a month, or that the guy you met on a dating site was an asshole ...really I am loosing my enthusiasm on FB...I hope a new platforms comes in...it will be something related to google glasses I think

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

There was a popsci article about that and snapchat.  Basically people have better conversations on snapchat because the picture is gone after 9 seconds.  Apparently that makes photos less embarrassing and people post more "human" stuff without fear of it being archived.

I've never used snapchat, but I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends, especially since all my High School friends are gone.  We still do stuff through Facebook and plan things, etc.

http://www.popsci.co...5/myth-snapchat

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

Rofl I don't think that would keep it safe. I remember reading about a celebrity that "accidentally" put nudes on Instagram, then realising what she had done removed them a few seconds later. Too late, they had already been downloaded & archived by hundreds of people. With search engines like Google caching everything, stuff tends to stick for a little while too. 

As for Facebook, I really do think it's too big to fail at this stage. People may get bored of it, but there is an ever increasing internet populace to keep up numbers. It's kind of like Google, Youtube, Ebay, all these sites are too big to fail & know too much about you for you to leave. Youtube especially just has too much content it will never ever disappear. 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Whats Instagram exactly? I saw it on my facebook here and then

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
A photo uploading/sharing website.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
A photo uploading/sharing website.

One of the 100s that are already existing...Flicker, Picassa etc...

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Google it!

It's more than just picassa, its a way for people to share thousands of annoying and useless moments by abusing the computational power of the 21st century!

EDIT: Oh wait, that is picassa.  It's just not as "lame" yet

Edited by SG-1, 17 May 2013 - 03:25 AM.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I've noticed recently that loads of restaurant chains are encouraging you to take photos of your meal and send them to their official Instagram account - what... the... fuck... just why? -.-

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I am out from this world...my cellphone is a little more advanced then a phone of the late 90s...it is a choice. I also don't have a big social life like I used to, so I keep communication tools simple.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,133 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

I believe the forums should be preserved as a time capsule. 

• Italian Ufo and FutureOfToday like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Any way to archive them for good should the server(s) be shut down?

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

Any way to archive them for good should the server(s) be shut down?

https://web.archive....uretimeline.net

Humanity's destiny is infinity

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

Here are Alexa statistics: We are in top 60000 of most popular websites in the world! Also it peaked twice at beginning of 2013 and 2014 year... I think people typed 2013/2014 predictions or something ;)

• FutureOfToday likes this

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
It seems inevitable that we will have doubled the post count by the forum's third birthday from its second. I wonder if we'll have 200,000 by May 2015?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

In my opinion: Best website I've discovered in all my years of using the internet. By far the most interesting.

• FutureOfToday and Cosmic Cat like this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users