Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Future of Theme Parks and Roller Coasters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

CY: 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
What do you think theme parks, rides and roller coasters will look like in the future? I think that by 2050, theme parks will be completely different to what they're like today, with traditional rides and roller coasters being replaced by more high-tech and multi-sensory experiences.
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationBoston, Tomorrow

Good question.  How about maglev roller coasters that are able to reach speeds of 150kmph and put you through forces of 5 or 6 g's?

Humanity's destiny is infinity

tornado64

tornado64

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationGermany

Theme Parks will be probably one of the first place where you can experience full-immersion VR at the time it is to expensive to have it on your home.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

I found these images and videos about roll casters of the future

Posted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

all pictures are from ss.costers. net

Posted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

But what do I think of it...well by 2050 I expect them to be more interactive, in the sense that you may play a role like a war games..or a story...rollcaster will be more crazy..and some will interact with your computers under the skin.. at one point eventually the would become obsolete as with VR reality everyone  will have an amusment park online...Already one second life I was exploring amusement parks...Imagine them with better technology..and without respecting the law of physics..who would go to an amusement parks...

Some of these parks eventually offer dinosaurs shows or other animals created in labs... but around 2200 I forecast that everything will become obsolete..

one thing I need to add safety will be much better of course... Robots will work there more then humans..and  horror attraction will be made with 3 D characters

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

Credits www.francethisway.com

www.parentdish.co.uk

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationUK

Harder, better, faster and stronger rollercoasters, which are daft and more punktastic!

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 10,921 posts
Harder, better, faster and stronger rollercoasters, which are daft and more punktastic!

what does it mean punkstastic?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

CY: 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, UK
I'm a member of quite a few theme park enthusiast forums, and the 'robotic arm' coaster was what was originally thought was going to be built at Alton Towers in 2010. It's still on the cards though, and it looks incredible!
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users