Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Do you think you will still be alive in 100 billion years?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

No. :(

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
No.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,765 posts

Not only no, but fuck no.

I won't be around in 2100 either.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

0verlord

0verlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

The possibility of you living to 100 Billion years is about 0. But, remember what I said, "About"? There's always a chance. Something random always happens. Yeah we may sit here and argue all we like, but someone either now or in the next thousand > years is going to reach that grand old age of a hundred billion years.

However, for the people who wish to truly live Forever, you have to look at the definition of it.

Living for eternity, never dying in every potential circumstance and in every single way possible. Basically living.

My theory is that no-one, well nothing can truly live forever because of the definition of forever.

It is truly mind moggling. You thought 100 billion years was a lot? Try 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Billion years.

Oh but wait, even that is not truly 'forever'. Try from the number 1 right here up until the furthest galaxy in the observable universe and you STILL WILL NOT HAVE FOREVER. Yes we may potentially live to see the end of our universe, perhaps ultimately even the end of an incomprehensible number of Universes in the vast multiverse, but will we inevitably REALLY live 'forever', that is from the dawn of time to the end of time, up until infinitum (Not certain that is a word)?

I personally think people use the word 'forever', 'infinity' and 'eternity' far too often without thinking of their real meaning.

People, don't forget Isaac Asmiov's short story, 'The last question' !

slick_willly

slick_willly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

if I were alive that long, I would want to be in virtual reality. It would be boring as Fuck in the real world

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

No way! I wouldn't even want to live that long.

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Yes, I will be but I will be evolved in something different probably. for sure I will be better than now.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I think probably not.. 

We are right now, just basically ants. There are so many things that could kill us. There are tens of thousands of nuclear warheads in the world, chemical weapons, terrorism, possibility of biological terrorism - not to mention we've seriously fucked up the Earth already.  

How do we know we will actually reach the singularity, and use all of the technology we dream to have? There's always regulations and greed..

However I do think we'll dramatically increase our lifespans, I do not think we will be around in 100 billion years.  I think in the very far future, humanity will be completely abstract from what it is today. Maybe we will all just exist in computers and not be "human". 

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationRussia
LOL no, i will not be still alive 100 billion years later, i'm sure.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

José Andrade

José Andrade

Anime fans, talk with me!!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Maybe. That's a long, long time. Don't scientists say that Earth is 4.54 billion years old? Now imagine 100B! It's mind blowing! I would be happy if i lived a few thousand years but of course the longer the better...i think.

We need to stay in contact though, guys. To talk about the days we used to discuss ideas here on the forums. Like a reunion every 10 years? xD

And talking for real, we need to meet someday. Maybe in Brussels since we are mostly European and Brussels is the capital of the EU. Or maybe in Paris!

• EVanimations and Lily like this

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
It's interesting how many people voted that they would live forever in the "how long will you live" poll, and yet barely anybody is saying they'll live past 100 billion years. It's a huge and unlikely feat, but I think there is a chance.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

maybe by then we will not longer be humans. we will be deprived of emotions but we will be in a state of constant peace like the Buddhist Nirvana. We will just control the universe. We all be merged in a big intelligence which will be extremely wise.

I don't know 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years to live...come on...

what will be new? by then I would have played 10 finals of soccer/football world cup, slept hottest girls million of times, ate all foot, meet 1000s of extra-terrestrial civilization..know pretty much half of the humans..saw every corner of this universe...what will be new? in order to still exist you have to evolve in something completely different.

• 0verlord likes this

José Andrade

José Andrade

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal
ate all foot

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a confirmation, Italian Ufo has a feet fetish! Haha

• FutureOfToday likes this

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

this is silly.

• Frizz likes this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,765 posts

I'll be lucky to be around in 2030. :(

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

ate all foot

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a confirmation, Italian Ufo has a feet fetish! Haha

Eww
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBerlin

With a time period so incredibly huge, no one can say. I sure as hell want to live as long as possible, but a hundred billion years is just so... I can't even wrap my mind around this, seriously!

• Futurist likes this

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

lol food i mean.

José Andrade

José Andrade

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal
lol food i mean.

I know man, just kidding.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond
lol food i mean.

Suuuuuure. :)

• Italian Ufo, José Andrade and FutureOfToday like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users