Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Do you think you will still be alive in 100 billion years?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

it is hard to tell.

80 year old's and older might not have expected to live to their age they are now. 

humans unlike other animals don't have a set time of age.

dogs and cats have always lived to 15 no matter how better medicine has gotten.

humans at some point had the average of dying at 40. 20 was considered middle aged at one point and now 20 year old's are still seen as kids or young adults.

it is hard to tell how long we will live.

we could become immortal if we wanted to.

we could remove our bodies and build a machine around our brains or put our bodies in a chamber and plug ourselves into a computer and send our own consciousness into a robot that looks just like us and have them walk around places.

it would be easy to do once we figure out how to do it. 

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

it is hard to tell.

80 year old's and older might not have expected to live to their age they are now. 

humans unlike other animals don't have a set time of age.

dogs and cats have always lived to 15 no matter how better medicine has gotten.

humans at some point had the average of dying at 40. 20 was considered middle aged at one point and now 20 year old's are still seen as kids or young adults.

it is hard to tell how long we will live.

we could become immortal if we wanted to.

we could remove our bodies and build a machine around our brains or put our bodies in a chamber and plug ourselves into a computer and send our own consciousness into a robot that looks just like us and have them walk around places.

it would be easy to do once we figure out how to do it. 

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

I'm placing my bets on humanity reaching a higher level of existence and escaping the time-space continuum altogether, to live in some sort of form that does not exist within time and space to achieve true immortality. Lol.

But who knows, we may get to the galactic level and come to realize evolution on a grander scale. Just as, here on earth, nations have risen and fallen; we may discover that on the galactic scale entire civilizations of intelligent beings rise and fall.

That's scary for us to think now. But as super-intelligent posthuman beings this may become all but trivial to us. Just as we look at history and read about races that have went extinct, we will study Galactic History and discover entire civilizations that have went extinct. Hoping that we will be like the Egyptians; here from start to finish (for the most part).

The ultimate evolution and fate of inanimate elements to microbial life to animals to intelligent beings to stellar civilizations to galactic civilizations and finally to universal civilizations

• StanleyAlexander likes this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe
I don't know about 100 billion ad, but I probably might do 1 million ad

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

we ourselves probably not. not unless we upload our minds and keep it safe where we can live forever.

we as a species. No we will evolve either through nature or by transhumanism. we might be around but we would evolved to a point where we won't even be considered human.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,508 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I'm being serious when I say that 100 billion years will be a relatively very short time in the grand scheme of things. When one becomes a true immortal, time loses its meaning except for circumstances in which the time dimension is used as a variable in equations or calculations, depending on the technology, current or future, being utilized.

Some of us will mourn how fast 100 billion years came and went.

The moment we start to get used to in thinking in scales of 100's of billions of years (meaning we will have survived through this length of time) and time is thrown out of our consciousness, we will be overwhelmed with an even greater challenge we will barely begin to understand, let alone comprehend its staggering implications just like we are in thinking about 100 billion years.

• Squillimy likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Yes

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,129 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

we are approaching infinity.

One cannot approach infinity because that would imply we are already infinite.

How does one start infinity when it goes both ways forever...?

All I know is, Chuck Norris counted to it. Twice.

Logic=Win

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

I think if "I" did "I" would not be "me."

King of Ace

King of Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

stars don't last forever..the sun will die before that billion years to come

I am not a fan of S.T show "just don't like it" ,Its boring like hell but I love to see cool technology in coming years.

i don't live in really great english countries like some you guys, im alittle indian,chinese,enbgrish ,mexican, leaf village and soul society .

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

I'll probably be dead in 1/1,000,000,000th of that time, but if I can make it to the "aging escape velocity" or whatever it is called, there's no reason I couldn't, I suppose.

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

stars don't last forever..the sun will die before that billion years to come

Psssh, we'll just find a new star! Or, better yet, make one.

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,508 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

^ Or we won't even need a star to sustain our civilization. Our source of energy may be quantum in nature or even smaller.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users