Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Predict the next three U.S. Presidents

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Jake Epping

Jake Epping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hillary Clinton WILL win if she runs. Bill Clinton is pretty well liked, and regardless of her views, there are more Americans that don't think critically on who they're voting for than there are those who do. 

She'll get atleast 90% of the woman popular vote, and there are more woman than men in the US and world in general. Similar to how barack got atleast 90% of the minority vote which was enough for him to win. Also she will get most of the democrats as well, to top it off. 

She'd be the first woman president and she would have an actual shot. It's ridiculous to think for a second that she'd lose. The only reason she didn't win was because of Barack Obama. And to be honest a big reason he won was 1) he was black and 2) america was mad at the republican party after the Busch administration.

I don't keep up with politcs as much, so I'm not really sure about whos gonna win after that or much less who will even run :p

What a brave new world we live in when being black in America actually the reason you win elections.

Ah yes because only Obama the minority candidate could attract such a tidal wave of minorities to vote for him.

Obama 2012 source
Black vote: 93% (was 13% of total vote)
Latino vote: 71% (was 10% of total vote)
Asian vote: 73% (was 3% of total vote)
(Women: 55%)

Obama 2008: 
Black vote: 95% (was 13% of total vote)
Latino vote: 67% (was 9% of total vote)
Asian vote: 62% (was 2% of total vote)
(Women: 56%)

John Kerry 2004:
Black vote: 88% (was 11% of total vote)
Latino vote: 53% (was 8% of total vote)
Asian vote: 56% (was 2% of total vote)
(Women: 51%)

Al Gore 2000:
Black vote: 90% (was 10% of total vote)
Latino vote: 62% (was 7% of total vote)
Asian vote: 55% (was 2% of total vote)
(Women: 54%)

Bill Clinton 1996:
Black vote: 84% (was 10% of total vote)
Latino vote: 73% (was 5% of total vote)
Asian vote: 44% (was 1% of total vote)
(Women: 55%)

I don't mean to be dismissive but I think your particular arguments are just not valid. Hillary would never win 90% of the female vote. Not even 65%. There are plenty of female Republicans as well you know.

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States
I don't mean to be dismissive but I think your particular arguments are just not valid. Hillary would never win 90% of the female vote. Not even 65%. There are plenty of female Republicans as well you know.

Not to mention that the GOP will most likely shoehorn a minority, female or otherwise, into either the Presidential or Vice Presidential nominee spot, just to give themselves an edge.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Not to mention that the GOP will most likely shoehorn a minority, female or otherwise, into either the Presidential or Vice Presidential nominee spot, just to give themselves an edge.

Nominating "token" minorities might not work that well for the GOP. I do agree with you that it would be very hard for Hillary Clinton or another female Democrat to even win 65% for the total female vote.

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

Now that we know that Trump is president, our perspectives have changed.  I think that there is a chance that there is a democratic backlash against Trump and they take the presidency in 2020.  Who would run though, seeing as all the potentials are really old now, (Biden, Hillary, Sanders).  Maybe Pelosi?

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
George Clooney

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,224 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Hillary Clinton WILL win if she runs. Bill Clinton is pretty well liked, and regardless of her views, there are more Americans that don't think critically on who they're voting for than there are those who do. 

She'll get atleast 90% of the woman popular vote, and there are more woman than men in the US and world in general. Similar to how barack got atleast 90% of the minority vote which was enough for him to win. Also she will get most of the democrats as well, to top it off. 

She'd be the first woman president and she would have an actual shot. It's ridiculous to think for a second that she'd lose. The only reason she didn't win was because of Barack Obama. And to be honest a big reason he won was 1) he was black and 2) america was mad at the republican party after the Busch administration.

I don't keep up with politcs as much, so I'm not really sure about whos gonna win after that or much less who will even run :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Maximus likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

My predictions, roughly.

2020. The Democrats continue their idenpol and "All white men are evil" rhetoric throughout the 2010s, and as a result don't gain much ground in the 2018 midterms. In the 2020 primaries, Bernie Sanders takes an early lead, but he dies of old age and the the Democrats end up nominating an unpopular SJW-ish candidate like Kamala Harris (or God forbid, Hillary Clinton again). There are conspiracy theories from both the right wing and the far left that Sanders was assassinated by the DNC, but no firm evidence ever turns up. Meanwhile, The Donald has a three-pronged advantage of incumbency, a booming economy, and a terrible opponent, and wins easily, even managing to take the popular vote.

2024. As Trump's presidency nears its end, Mike Pence announces his candidacy for president. Against a relatively weak and disarrayed Republican field, he easily wins the nomination. From the other side, he faces a surprising opponent: Mark Zuckerberg. Ever since 2022, the Democrats have been quietly sweeping away their SJWs and replacing them with Silicon Valley technocrat types. This is the first election where most of the conservative Generation Z is eligible to vote, but even they can't save Pence. Dragged down by his association with Trump, the public's desire for change, and perhaps, just perhaps, a little bit of manipulation of Facebook feeds by Zuckerberg himself, Pence loses hard and drops out of the public eye soon after. Interestingly, Kanye West also runs as an independent in 2024, but despite a lot of initial furor, barely cracks 1% of the vote.

• Maximus likes this

Spoiler

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

The Democrats continue their idenpol and "All white men are evil" rhetoric throughout the 2010s

The Democrats do not use "all white men are evil" rhetoric.  This is a straw man.

• Zaphod likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

The Democrats continue their idenpol and "All white men are evil" rhetoric throughout the 2010s

The Democrats do not use "all white men are evil" rhetoric.  This is a straw man.

They most certainly do, or near enough.

• Maximus likes this

Spoiler

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

I love that "or near enough."

In other words: in your mind only, and that by outlandish inference.

• rennerpetey likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

TranscendingGod

TranscendingGod

2020's the decade of our reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

As a democrat I can confirm that we do indeed use all white are evil rhetoric. In other news God exists and there are 4 primary colors. 

The growth of computation is doubly exponential growth. 

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
You don't make friends with salad and you dont make progress with prejudice.
  • eacao and Ewolf20 like this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

You don't make friends with salad and you dont make progress with prejudice.

What?

Spoiler

Ewolf20

Ewolf20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColumbia,sc
It's of a pattern on. Red, blue, red,blue, red,blue (excluding terms of course). So, the next candidate will be a liberal.

CoolGuy23

CoolGuy23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

I have a few scenarios-

Russia collusion keeps piling on evidence, Trump's approval continues to sink:

Donald Trump 2017-2018 (impeachment or resignation)

Mike Pence 2018-2021 (loses 2020 election to Kamala Harris for President, John Hickenlooper for Vice President)

Kamala Harris 2021-2029 (Wins re-election in 2024 in an Obama-2012 style "somewhat-landslide" against soul-searching Republican party, Ted Cruz is Republican nominee)

Marco Rubio 2029-2033 (America becoming a minority-majority country allows Rubio to reshape the Republican Party and win the Sun Belt in a close race against Hickenlooper)

Trump stays in office for his entire term:

Donald Trump 2017-2021 (still loses re-election to Joe Biden/Kirsten Gillibrand ticket)

Joe Biden 2021-2025 (declines to run in 2024 due to age, Gillibrand wins landslide against Pence in general election)

Kirsten Gillibrand 2025-2033 (wins landslide re-election in 2028 against extremely conservative Republican who rose to prominence in the early to mid 2020s)

Eric Garcetti 2033-2037 (wins in 2032 against Republican Party nominee who is moderate, although still conservative enough to make himself appear backwards to the American public)

Trump somehow pulls off being re-elected:

Donald Trump 2017-2024 (wins re-election in 2020 after Democrats nominate an extremist like Tulsi Gabbard, by end of term his approval is in the low 20s)

Cory Booker 2024-2029 (Booker/Harris ticket wins in landslide over Republican nominee Pence, due to Trump fatigue)

Ted Cruz 2029-2033 (USA was so badly screwed up from 8 years of Trump that Booker couldn't clean up the mess fast enough, Cruz wins electoral college narrowly)

Kamala Harris 2033-2037 (Cruz's economic agenda brings him down in 2032, after the American people living through 4 years of it, Harris wins a moderately large electoral college victory)

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

I don't see Joe Biden running for president, he's older than everyone but Sanders. Fact of the matter is that Democrats don't have a whole lot of good choices to elect among the 'likely to survive their presidency' block. I see Nikki Haley as being one of the best bets for the Republicans in 2020 if Trump declines to run 

• Jakob likes this

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
^I thought that Corey Booker stepped down as a potential candidate.

CoolGuy23

CoolGuy23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

^I thought that Corey Booker stepped down as a potential candidate.

people change their minds like crazy before the election. People will say they aren't candidates after the last election and end up candidates before the next.

Also I had this dream last night that Gillibrand/Harris ticket won in 2020. Weird.

Ewolf20

Ewolf20

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColumbia,sc

i highly doubt we'll have a female president even with all these women entering into politics.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,224 posts

i highly doubt we'll have a female president even with all these women entering into politics.

There aren't any strong candidates currently on the radar. But perhaps Nikki Haley could surprise everyone in 2024--though I predict Mike Pence will get the '24 GOP nomination.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users