Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Post Image that represents your idea of the Future

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts

The world is inner-linked into a global economy...

-Parts of it will look like Haiti, Afighastan and the poorer parts of our world

-and parts will be like Italian info invisions it. Super tall buildings, bullet trains that can go 400 mph, different looking cars.

The question really is "what percentage" of the globe will look what? I'm really hoping Italian info's vision for the world wins out in most cases, but who knows.

• Italian Ufo likes this

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Ev's honestly the future looks terrible.

How so? Care to provide some insight?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

That Ring-World shit that bee14ish posted looks bad ass! I'd totally live in a space-colony like that far into the future.

You know the funny thing is if our generation ends up living forever we'll be the ones that truely appreciate the future, aweing in amazement at the ability to live in space. While the newer generations will be born in the time and not know of anything else. "Live in space? Eh... I'd rather stay at my aunts place in antartica"

• IzzyIngleby likes this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,628 posts
That Ring-World shit that bee14ish posted looks bad ass! I'd totally live in a space-colony like that far into the future.

You know the funny thing is if our generation ends up living forever we'll be the ones that truely appreciate the future, aweing in amazement at the ability to live in space. While the newer generations will be born in the time and not know of anything else. "Live in space? Eh... I'd rather stay at my aunts place in antartica"

Let's be honest,

I doubt I'll live past 70. Maybe if we can cure cancer, heart disease but it won't be more then 120 even then.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Let's be honest,

I doubt I'll live past 70. Maybe if we can cure cancer, heart disease but it won't be more then 120 even then.

Radical life extension via regenerative medicine, nanotech etc. should be available in maybe a couple decades. Unless you're already 50 or 60 I think you should be more optimistic.

• Mickusey likes this

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

also new and cheaper techniques to "freeze" yourself will be available around mid century or earlier. Some scientists think the people who are frozen today can be regenerated, so just went to the freezing techniques available later this century.

And I agree; serious progress is being made in life extension! There should be a cure for heart disease by the time your 70 too.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

The setting you posted looks like something that belong in a late 1990's nickelodeon series that portrays lizards as an advanced alien race.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I do believe we are in for some horrible wars in the future, but I hope we don't destroy ourselves.

In any case, this picture is amazingly beautiful and so horribly unethical and savage at the same time.

War represents the pinnacle of technology and the most primitive side of humanity.

Posted Image

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Posted Image-

Posted Image

Edited by Italian Ufo, 02 July 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Shinryuu

Shinryuu

Nyxist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationVoid

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Anyone?

• Mickusey likes this

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

Mickusey

Mickusey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

^ As you can probably tell, huge Deus Ex fan :p

Let's be honest,

It all depends. I'd say if you're in your mid-40s or older, you probably shouldn't be crazy optimistic about living forever (I know it's possible and if cryogenics technology comes as early as some say it will then you could just freeze yourself until you can live forever, but I digress). I think that the majority of millennials will be able to easily last to the point where aging is reversible and man and machine have merged, effectively ensuring their dominance as one of the first generations to be technologically immortal.

Anyway, I actually thought this was a pretty good depiction of a future society, minus the cityscape in the background. Before you talk about how lifeless it looks, I agree with the timeline when it comes to the whole self-sufficient mega building kind of society surrounded by landscape ravaged by global warming and other environmental affects. It captures the whole desolate feel of the outside, with only a few transport-looking vehicles outside bringing life to everything, as everyone else would be inside their mega-buildings, probably in FIVR. This is probably a 2060s to 2090s society I'm thinking of.

Posted Image

Edited by Mickusey, 03 July 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Anyone?

These places would probably be the slums of the future.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

@Mickusey: We already have cryogenic preservation technology right now.

Mickusey

Mickusey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
@Mickusey: We already have cryogenic preservation technology right now.

I should say working, reliable, consumer-available cryogenics. 

Noctis Futuris

Noctis Futuris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAustralia

[color=#add8e6;]Don't mean to blow my own horn, but check out my [/color][color=#add8e6;]Tumblr[/color][color=#add8e6;].[/color]

[color=#add8e6;]I post primarily contemporary architecture and fashion, most of which is highly futuristic. [/color]

NOCTIS FUTURIS

Portfolio // Soundcloud // Tumblr

Shinryuu

Shinryuu

Nyxist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationVoid

Posted Image

I'm hoping for a lot of 'green spaces', which in itself may be highly unrealistic.

• IzzyIngleby likes this

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts

The setting you posted looks like something that belong in a late 1990's nickelodeon series that portrays lizards as an advanced alien race.

Ha. Ha ha. I am a lizard man from the planet Radicrull and I find that to be a very funny joke.But no really, I'm aware that it looks cartoonish and has an odd color scheme. A bit of background: I occasionally work on a flash-animated time-travel adventure series in which the year 1 million is pivotal to the plot. There's only like 4 episodes but a lot of extended universe material, and the crux of this far future is that society and posthumanism are controlled by a technocratic ruling caste that has maintained the status quo for an indeterminate amount of time. So, a renegade scientist uses forbidden technology to create a time machine out of a spaceship so he can find the secrets of mankind's past and find something to overthrow the oppressive technocracy, and the series follows the exploits of his crew. That picture is the interior of that spaceship.Oh yeah and also humans in the future look like greys. So there you go.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Ha. Ha ha. I am a lizard man from the planet Radicrull and I find that to be a very funny joke. But no really, I'm aware that it looks cartoonish and has an odd color scheme. A bit of background: I occasionally work on a flash-animated time-travel adventure series in which the year 1 million is pivotal to the plot. There's only like 4 episodes but a lot of extended universe material, and the crux of this far future is that society and posthumanism are controlled by a technocratic ruling caste that has maintained the status quo for an indeterminate amount of time. So, a renegade scientist uses forbidden technology to create a time machine out of a spaceship so he can find the secrets of mankind's past and find something to overthrow the oppressive technocracy, and the series follows the exploits of his crew. That picture is the interior of that spaceship. Oh yeah and also humans in the future look like greys. So there you go.

Now that's what I'm talking about, It sounds like something I'd watch on Fox during sunday nights.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
That's the plan anyway, or something similar.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Image

Posted Image

Virtual reality pods

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users