Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Population control and reduction methods?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
They are talking about on the radio about over population of the world in the next few decades, some people are saying we need to reduce population by 5billion. What methods do we use? Do we have 1 child per family to be allowed like china? Or could it go down the nazi road where they kill off 5billion in death camps? Or could they release a virus to kill the 5billion? What you think?

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

They are talking about on the radio about over population of the world in the next few decades, some people are saying we need to reduce population by 5billion. What methods do we use? Do we have 1 child per family to be allowed like china? Or could it go down the nazi road where they kill off 5billion in death camps? Or could they release a virus to kill the 5billion? What you think?

Death camps? Deadly virus? Stagnation or reduction of population is natural thing in developed & highly-urbanized societies. Just make the third world more advanced & enjoy results.

• Zeitgeist123, Roh234, MarcZ and 5 others like this

King of Ace

King of Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

you or I better hope its not you or me

I am not a fan of S.T show "just don't like it" ,Its boring like hell but I love to see cool technology in coming years.

i don't live in really great english countries like some you guys, im alittle indian,chinese,enbgrish ,mexican, leaf village and soul society .

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,353 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
Education and birth control.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

UFG

UFG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Cranks like 82 year old D. Attenborough are propagating this old seventies trope which was wrong then and wrong now. I noticed Attenborough didn't feel the need to un-burden us by visiting a euthanasia center.

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
http://www.theguardi...olution-stopped I think before it gets too overcrowded we will be moving to other planets or colonise the moon. Plus some North Korean scientist will invent some nasty virus that will wipe half us out no doubt.

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Improved health care and education has shown to reduce birthrates. Not because people are less capable of having children because they naturally no longer wish to have large families. We don't need to resort to evil things to reduce population growth, when we can do it by doing good things like educating people.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I don't think we should resolve the population problem with killing people, but rather by lowering the amount of births. I disagree with one-child policies, but I think perhaps making the legal age of having children higher would be a good idea, from 16 to somewhere between 18 and 21. Those over the age of 16 but under 18-21 would still be able to take part in sexual activities, but it would be illegal for them to do it without a condom and birth control pill. Also, encouraging people to put adoption before birth would be a good strategy.
  • Futurist and oOjof like this

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,353 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

http://www.theguardi...olution-stopped I think before it gets too overcrowded we will be moving to other planets or colonise the moon. Plus some North Korean scientist will invent some nasty virus that will wipe half us out no doubt.

North Korean scientists couldnt even make fire with matches.
  • Yuli Ban, WithoutCoincidence, Futurist and 1 other like this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

King of Ace

King of Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Improved health care and education has shown to reduce birthrates. Not because people are less capable of having children because they naturally no longer wish to have large families. We don't need to resort to evil things to reduce population growth, when we can do it by doing good things like educating people.

not true,its because everything like food medic and housing prices went 400% past 20-30 years and income salary have only grown 50-70% for smart people ofcause they had to live alone 

I am not a fan of S.T show "just don't like it" ,Its boring like hell but I love to see cool technology in coming years.

i don't live in really great english countries like some you guys, im alittle indian,chinese,enbgrish ,mexican, leaf village and soul society .

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

I think Mother Earth will take it upon herself to do that for us.

• Xihuitl likes this

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

I think Mother Earth will take it upon herself to do that for us.

At this point, nothing 'Mother Earth' can throw at us short of a supervolcano can really even bend our knee population-wise.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationCanada

Population control and reduction is [color=#ff0000;]STUPID!!![/color], the growth of the world economy is dependent on population [color=#00ff00;]GROWTH!!![/color], I understand this is putting strains on the environment right now, BUT, we should be resolving this problem through technological innovation so that we can support more people. People have been banging the drum of overpopulation for centuries but they have always been wrong thanks too [color=#ffd700;]INNOVATION[/color], in fact there may be a real end to how much our planet can support, but that is still well off, in fact the only reason I can ever see people moving beyond Earth into the stars is because we need to colonize other planets/dwell resources from them to support our growing population. [color=#800080;]WE SHOULD EMBRACE GROWTH NOT LOOK TO LIMIT POPULATION!!![/color]

Edited by MarcZ, 14 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

• WithoutCoincidence and Jakob like this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I don't think we should resolve the population problem with killing people, but rather by lowering the amount of births. I disagree with one-child policies, but I think perhaps making the legal age of having children higher would be a good idea, from 16 to somewhere between 18 and 21. Those over the age of 16 but under 18-21 would still be able to take part in sexual activities, but it would be illegal for them to do it without a condom and birth control pill. Also, encouraging people to put adoption before birth would be a good strategy.

Also, here is a good idea once effective anti-aging/rejuvenative medical technologies become available--deny people the ability to buy/purchase these technologies unless they voluntarily get themselves permanently sterilized beforehand.

• Zeitgeist123 and FutureOfToday like this

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,251 posts
  • LocationCanada

Also, here is a good idea once effective anti-aging/rejuvenative medical technologies become available--deny people the ability to buy/purchase these technologies unless they voluntarily get themselves permanently sterilized beforehand.

What is your problem! Forced sterilization is inhumane, and violates everyone's human rights.

• WithoutCoincidence and Jakob like this

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Yeah, what is all this insanity about denying things unless you swear to never have children? It's... stupid.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

tw88

tw88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Locationeugene oregon

I think that population growth will take care of it self. Birth rates decline to near or below replacement rates when countries become industrialized.  China's birth rates were already on the decline prior to the one child policy and would probably be the same they are now with out such a policy. Then there is always the possibility of a natural disaster or infectious disease outbreak that could significantly reduce populations.   I think the economy can still grow with the population declining, so long as economic growth due to productivity increases outpaces the economic reduction due to population decline. 

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

The only thing you need to control population is to better living conditions. This includes housing & protection, food & water, and ofcourse education (very important). Simple as that!

Money, for the time being, is important too. But more money flows when you have the things I described above. More research in contraception never hurts as well.

Edited by Squillimy, 16 September 2013 - 06:15 PM.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

What is your problem! Forced sterilization is inhumane, and violates everyone's human rights.
He didn't say forced sterilisation, he said voluntary sterilisation, so I completely agree with him, it would be completely fair.

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
Hoolly. I should just abandon this thread before I spend day energy forced eugenics is not ok at all. The problem is primarily in the third world. The only humane way is to increase our technical capacity. We should also have open borders with first the dismantling of the military industrial complex. We spend so much on defence. We remove all barriers to trade and immigration. The only way the population will stabilize is tat the standard of living goes up. Then you won't have to worry if your 10 sons can plow the roots in the field.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users