Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

What if there was a medical treatment for homosexuality?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: What if there was a medical treatment for homosexuality? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you view it?

1. Legitimate (9 votes [20.93%])

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

2. Should never be invented (12 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

3. Unneccesary (22 votes [51.16%])

Percentage of vote: 51.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

With some countries having 8 children per woman perhaps we should look at "curing" heterosexuality first

I don't see a problem with that. It's really normal having more than 1-3 children. That's why our species survived. I'm not being homophobic but my dad and mom came from a family of 8 and 9 and I find this a really stupid thing to say.    http://www.youaresodumb.com/
You're the idiot if you can't see a problem in senseless breeding.

Overpopulation? It is a big problem but you know, 1st world families that can support large families can do it. 3rd world countries with low education and high mortality rates can't. That's a really fucking dumb thing calling it "senseless breeding" when a child has very low chances of surviving and a couple is trying to pass on their genes in a war torn place. This senseless breeding is actually a survival technique if you didn't understand that. My father's family lived in a war torn desert for god's sake. You're an idiot if you can't see the reason behind "senseless breeding". Next time, educate yourself about "senseless breeding" before you call it "senseless breeding."

i come from the 3rd world too. for me, if you are poor and can't provide for your own economically, mentally and emotionally - you should be sterilized. you have no right to bring another person into this world until you can guarantee this person that all his needs are met satisfactorily as he grows up. obviously you wont be able to do thar if you can't even take care of yourself. the issue here is not about overpopulation or whatever. i am more concerned with the general welfare of children.

• nomad likes this

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

What if in the future genetic , hormonal , and psychological therapies would be invented that "cure" homosexual people and turn them into heterosexuals? Do you think this would be eventually offered as a legitimate medical procedure? Would you allow it? 

Do you think there would actually be some homosexuals  willing to change their sexuality? It is still a for psychological sterility that prevents you having  biological children after all.

IMHO if in the future there would be extreme human  dieouts and low birth rates it is possible that this might be forcibly endorsed as an additional effort  to make the population reproduce more.

And no I'm not homophobic , I'm just curious.

No doubt gene therapy and stem cell treatment will enable altering one's sex and sexual identity. The technology will exist. 

In the future, no one will be stuck with their sexuality. One could be straight man today, homosexual the next, and a straight woman by the weekend. With that in mind, we should continue embedding tolerance into our culture regarding sexuality.

science man

science man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

What if in the future genetic , hormonal , and psychological therapies would be invented that "cure" homosexual people and turn them into heterosexuals? Do you think this would be eventually offered as a legitimate medical procedure? Would you allow it? 

Do you think there would actually be some homosexuals  willing to change their sexuality? It is still a for psychological sterility that prevents you having  biological children after all.

IMHO if in the future there would be extreme human  dieouts and low birth rates it is possible that this might be forcibly endorsed as an additional effort  to make the population reproduce more.

And no I'm not homophobic , I'm just curious.

1. yes and yes but I don't enough it would receive enough votes to be allowed state/nation wide.

2. No especially since it's now acceptable in society (unlike 50 years ago)

3. That be interesting if a woman to get a homosexual man hard let alone off but regardless if it came to that it'd probably be done scientifically. (fertilization would occur in a lab and the egg would be put back into a uterus)

SaulNeuroscience

SaulNeuroscience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUS

Don't you understand how ridiculous this is?  If we had nanotechnology to rewire human brains then there are so many more USEFUL ways the technology could be utilized to improve humanity rather than focusing on this silly "problem" that is just the result of ignorant prejudice.  Instead of focusing on say, increasing everyone's intelligence, or athletic ability, or health, or whatever turning gay people straight?  What an ignorant human centric way of looking at things.  It's like saying we should genetically engineer people to be blond and blue eyed.  If we had this sort of technology I hope we would  increase our genetic diversity so we can inculcate ourselves against disease or something useful not childish crap like this.

Again that's just your opinion on what you find ridiculous. Who are you to say what other people should and shouldn't do? People have the freedom to choose so let them. There are already surgical ways to increase height, surgery for eye color change coming, the Chinese are already working on experiments to increase the IQ of their population. Let people choose what they want, I've told you other countries are researching this topic that don't have the best view on Homosexuality I'd rather America take the lead. I've explained before it won't be nanotechnology, but chemicals like Dopamine/Serotonin or Gene therapy for one to alter sexual orientation, it's not 50 years away, but 10-15 years. I'm thankful that Scientific research on topics won't be repressed because of unpopular opinion.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

I've explained before it won't be nanotechnology, but chemicals like Dopamine/Serotonin or Gene therapy for one to alter sexual orientation, it's not 50 years away, but 10-15 years. 

I would guess 10 years if you are filthy rich and 15 years if you are upper middle class. Medical research just isn't the same anymore. A single venture capital firm could easily afford to purchase a supercomputer and a team of bioinformatic scientists. And it won't be long before research teams will be able to order up any human tissue they want for experimentation. 

In ten years, Wolf Blitzer will start his broadcast by announcing the discovery of the Malaysian Air jet. Then he will report on some obscure company that announced the commercialization of genetic sex transformations. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users