Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Do you sometimes wish you were born in the future?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Tommy_Vercettix

Tommy_Vercettix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Hey everyone

Personally I wish I was born in the western world lets say 50, 100 or even 200 years from now. Just imagine what people born in 2100 or 2200 will get in their lifespan, that will be incredible.

As far as we're concerned and even if medicine will improve, we will be old or dead when real interesting technologies (body and mental perfection meaning everyone is beautiful, confident and disease-free, full immersion virtual reality, learning matrix style, abundance...) will be up.

What about you?

• Zeitgeist123 likes this

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

[color=#ee82ee;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Yeah,you are right,I'm so interested about the future and technology that I think I was born at the wrong time,I should had born in the year 2192 or 2292 instead of 1992![/color][/font]

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

POPULAR

I actually feel very lucky to live in a time in which such revolutionary change can be witnessed.
  • wjfox, Ru1138, Lily and 11 others like this

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I actually feel very lucky to live in a time in which such revolutionary change can be witnessed.

And a time when you can have an effect on the future.

What difference does it make?

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBerlin

^ If we live long enough by extending our lives, we will be the only generation that knows what it was like before and after. We'll have the means to really appreciate the change. It's pretty exciting. I hope I'll live long enough.

• wjfox, Roh234, EVanimations and 5 others like this

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Tommy_Vercettix

Tommy_Vercettix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

The real question is will we make it? Cos even if medicine improves drastically it won't be enough for us to be young and healthy in the future.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Nope. I'm proud to have been born in the second millennium, as it was the millennium that saw humanity change beyond all recognition and left us where we are today. I'm confident that I was born late enough to stand a change of some decent longevity, so yes, I'm very happy.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

If I were born in the future, I wouldn't be the way I am today. I'd see things differently, and view things in the future as not that impressive. I'm glad I was born in this time, as then I'll be able to appreciate the future.

• Ru1138, FutureOfToday and Shinryuu like this

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

If I were born in the future, I wouldn't be the way I am today. I'd see things differently, and view things in the future as not that impressive. I'm glad I was born in this time, as then I'll be able to appreciate the future.

I've "reached [my] quota of positive votes" for today, but yeah... couldn't have put it better myself.

GenX

GenX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Definitely.  Ever since I was a little kid I've always dreamed of exploring the stars. 

• Glory of the quasars likes this

The only thing we ever want is more

RDP

RDP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Location' DROP TABLE users --

I'd rather be the part of humanity that makes the future incredible than simply experience the accomplishments of hard-working, revolutionary scientists and engineers. In other words, no. I'm extremely fortunate to have been born at this time of such exponential growth. Also, I would very much enjoy seeing the difference between governments and corporations being run by man versus being run by machines.

Find me on Steam (mainly DotA 2)

"The idea of Romans creating a religion to counter act the Jewish religion and then persecute the religion they created is absurd enough to have its own episode on Ancient Aliens."

-tw88

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

If you were born in the future, you would have the same experiences as you are having now. Instead of being frustrated at the fps lag in your games, you would be frustrated at the 10 seconds it takes for the universe to load on your holographic game system. 

So, I would be happy living anywhere, anytime. But presently, I would like to live in the now, when we are only just discovering invisibility, teleportation, live-bearing planets, AR, VR, social networking, ubiquitous technology, etc. Such exciting times we live in.

If you really want to be 'born' in the future, get yourself cryo-preserved at an early age! 

• SG-1, RDP, PrimordialBeing and 2 others like this

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Sure, because if I was born, in say, 2200 or in 2300, then I would be pretty much guaranteed of having an indefinite lifespan, whereas right now, there is no guarantee that I will live long enough to see effective anti-aging technology being developed and/or commercialized (even if I live for an extremely long time) and there is likewise no guarantee that cryogenic preservation will be successful (at least for me).

• SG-1 likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

^ If we live long enough by extending our lives, we will be the only generation that knows what it was like before and after. We'll have the means to really appreciate the change. It's pretty exciting. I hope I'll live long enough.

The times that we live in are already pretty exciting due to the fact that we were born either shortly before or shortly after the Cold War ended, at a time when the world finally began to recover from the idiocy of 1914-1991. However, as I previously pointed out, being born when we were actually born instead of 200 or 300 years later is still unfortunately a massively enormous risk, a risk which I am becoming more and more uncomfortable about.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

i sometimes think that i was born in a wrong timeline and a wrong place. there are so many stupid people, it makes me look like a nutcase. i am suppose to be born in 2086..

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

José Andrade

José Andrade

Anime fans, talk with me!!!

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

This, kinda.

Because on the other side we can't be 100% sure that we will reach the times we want to as opposed to the ones born later. We may not reach an indefinite life span and many other cool things because of something as little as a decade. I hate that.

As i said in other thread, i like the year i was born, 1993, but i wouldn't mind being born in 2020 +.

I will appreciate more all the new technologies this way but i will suffer many years as well, waiting for theme.

If VR comes in 2039 like the time-line says i need to wait 26 years for it and i will be 46 years old...if i was born in 2020 i would be 19.

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

No I like when I was born. these Is drama..even if sometimes it goes too far...  it may happen that the future can be idealistically boring if we don't create some wild excitement.

I only wish medical therapies and diagnostics were much better at time time.

Leptictidium

Leptictidium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

If I were an orphan and had no girlfriend, then yes I would. But I love my family too much, I wouldn't change them for the chance to be born in the future.

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

I agree with others, it really depends on if we make it. I am more than happy to take the long road to the future, as long as I make it.

• José Andrade likes this

Tommy_Vercettix

Tommy_Vercettix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Well, staying alive is tough. Many will get 80+, but some will die in accidents or other unhappy events. Lets also talk about heart diseases and strokes and all those diseases killing or permanently disabling at even 40...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users