Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Flashpoints of 2014

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

America is the only country to use torture people and kill innocents in a war.... Fact!

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Offtopic:

and said:   

No country is truly malevolent. You're just clumping together a group of people under an adjective that is just as artificial. It's the leaders...etc,etc,etc.

...and finally person A liked this. No country is truly malevolent, indeed, but how about China? What can i say? Of course, it's all about leaders and ruling classes, there are also a lot of good people, we should not blindly generalize them all, etc,etc,etc... but using this logic, we also can't call Nazi Germany aggressive & evil because of frau Gertrude from Hamburg who loved to plant flowers and feed pigeons & because of young Hans from Bremen who just went to elementary school and loved his mum.

Thus, i can and will generalize: USA bombed Serbia and Lybia, USA invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, USA sent drones that already killed hundreds (if not thousands) of innocent civilians in "friendly" Pakistan, USA tortur(-ed/-ing) prisoners of Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib and persecuted those who dared to report these crimes... USA did it, despite the fact that there are also a lot of talented and open-minded, peaceful and generous Americans, just like Raklian for example  :biggrin:

when i liked his reply, i never really thought of the malevolent part. i was actually agreeing on this: 

Raklian

"...as viewed by the mainstream populace in the country - they just need to be voted out and replaced by people with priorities that mirror more with the people. It is already hard enough as it is, though."

thing is, i was making a point about china's uncivilized behavior as an emerging superpower.  the US and UK has their NATO friends and their people to answer to their every action that's why the actions are always careful, China does not have that kind of people since it is not a democratic country. they control whatever they want their people to know and what not to know and the ruling elites can do whatever they want since there is no opposition.

another point is UK/US follow the rules when they signed a treaty or a UN agreement. if they think they cannot follow through, they dont sign the treaty/agreement. China on the other hand, signs treaties/agreement and don't follow through but use this agreement/treaty when other countries violates the treaty agaiints them. it is this double-standard, deceitful and cherry-picking way china uses that worries me and i think the whole world should, especially since they are an emerging superpower. just trying  to make my point clear since i've been dragged in on this.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

America is the only country to use torture people and kill innocents in a war.... Fact!

You've got to be sarcastic, right?

If not, this is fucking unbelievable!

What are you without the sum of your parts?

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

You've got to be sarcastic, right?

If not, this is fucking unbelievable!

It was as sarcastic as i could make it.

• Raklian likes this

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Offtopic:

Person B replied: 

There is already existing [font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"]malevolent superpower with no respect for international law and smaller countries.[/font]

Then person C fell into righteous patriotic anger 

Spoiler

Nice fucking try, you fact distorter!

I was one who "threatened to kill you" in the other thread. In that thread, everyone must know this, you commented that sometimes we must make a very difficult decision that includes killing a child to save thousands others.

I merely responded to that comment by saying I would not hesitant to kill you if you voiced out your intention to kill that child if we're in the same room with that child. I'd be saving that child from a cold calculating killer. No killing is acceptable even it means the very act of killing would save thousands of lives - I also must add that you just cannot know or assume this very act of killing will indeed save those lives. You implied you would make that decision anyway - that says a lot who you are as a character.

What's even worse you boasted the fact there are stronger and more decisive people than I am who would make that decision to kill that child. You said you think you are almost one of them. *laughs* No wonder I wouldn't hesitant to do the deed... on YOU - it just feels "right".

If that child was indeed the mythical "Anti-Christ", perhaps I would come to a different conclusion but come on, we haven't even defined who that child is and how old s/he is. I had to assume a child who couldn't help be put in a situation that is beyond his or her control. Do you fucking think he or she deserved to be killed? Something is wrong with you, as if you have a seething grudge against something. I don't think seeing a psychologist is a bad idea.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Nice fucking try, you fact distorter!

I was one who "threatened to kill you" in the other thread. In that thread, everyone must know this, you commented that sometimes we must make a very difficult decision that includes killing a child to save thousands others.

I merely responded to that comment by saying I would not hesitant to kill you if you voiced out your intention to kill that child if we're in the same room with that child. I'd be saving that child from a cold calculating killer. No killing is acceptable even it means the very act of killing would save thousands of lives - I also must add that you just cannot know or assume this very act of killing will indeed save those lives. You implied you would make that decision anyway - that says a lot who you are as a character.

What's even worse you boasted the fact there are stronger and more decisive people than I am who would make that decision to kill that child. You said you think you are almost one of them. *laughs* No wonder I wouldn't hesitant to do the deed... on YOU - it just feels "right".

If that child was indeed the mythical "Anti-Christ", perhaps I would come to a different conclusion but come on, we haven't even defined who that child is and how old s/he is. I had to assume a child who couldn't help be put in a situation that is beyond his or her control. Do you fucking think he or she deserved to be killed? Something is wrong with you, as if you have a seething grudge against something. I don't think seeing a psychologist is a bad idea.

OMG, what a poor soul, I see you still can't calm down? I didn't want to expose your shame on public display, but you just forcing me to do that:

Spoiler

And now, please, re-read your own words again (this time attentively): [color=#b22222;]What triggered my "bullying" as you called it was you called my country "malevolent".[/color]

Indeed, as you yourself just admitted, it was the only real reason of why you attacked me. At least there were some other users who decided to "kill the imaginary child", yet you didn't even noticed them  :biggrin: Seriously, man, I don't know how old are you, but you behave as mentally unbalanced teenager. So, maybe it's not me who should see a psychologist?

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

You're both acting the like kids, besides i don't see Russia doing much in the next decade or so unless something happens at Sochi or if there are large natural gas deposits in those islands that they and Japan argue over

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada

What the hell are the above posts even about. Has nothing to do with this topic. 

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

lol. there's a mini re-enactment of the cold war going on here. anyone to represent cuba?

• StanleyAlexander likes this

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

KomissarBojantchev

KomissarBojantchev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

This is the best summary of Ukraine's situation in the past and the present.: http://vineyardsaker...ce-pyrrhic.html Basically without a decisive leader like putin or lukashenko to kick them out the oligarchs of Ukraine have pillaged and stolen unopposed no matter if they belong to the customs or EU. Contrary to western view Russia doesn't really care much about dealing or stealing from Ukraine. Ukraine is a terribly unreliable business partner with Russia(caused by always suddenly skyrocketing russophobia once negotiations start) and its industry is obsolete, completely ruined and unprophitable to restore. Diplomacy wise Vietnam, Kazakhstan and even china have been far better partners to Russia than Ukriane.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • StanleyAlexander likes this

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Our cries have been answered? Hallelujah!! USB cable's ftw!  

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

tw88

tw88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Locationeugene oregon

It will be interesting to sea if this South China Sea arm wrestle between Japan and China turns into something more intense, or if its just hot air. I am guessing that its probably mostly hot air and will eventually fizzle out, but who knows.  

I think that the negotiations between the US and Iran are essentially pointless. The Iatola has basically said that Hassan Rouhani cannot negotiate Iran's right to enrich Uranium. Sense the whole point of the sanctions against Iran are because they are enriching Uranium, i don't really know why we are even bothering to negotiate with them. What is there to even negotiate? The sanctions stop when Iran stops enriching Uranium and hands over any weapons grade Uranium to the UN to be disposed of. 

Oblivianist

Oblivianist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationThe Maldives

I tried to follow this thread.

My god, you're all crazy.

:o

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
         Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
         Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
         Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCanada

I tried to follow this thread.

My god, you're all crazy.

:o

Yup, this topic has gone of the rails.

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

This thread may have destroyed some of my faith in humanity, but at least its entertaining.

MarcZ: Lets discuss normal people things & such.

Phoenix: Blah

Ralikan: Blah

Phoenix: You'd kill an imaginary child!

Ralikan: You lie! See a psychologist!

Awkward silence

FOT: WE NOW HAVE REVERSIBLE USB CABLES BITCHES

• WithoutCoincidence likes this

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

Oblivianist

Oblivianist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationThe Maldives

This thread may have destroyed some of my faith in humanity, but at least its entertaining.

MarcZ: Lets discuss normal people things & such.

Phoenix: Blah

Ralikan: Blah

Phoenix: You'd kill an imaginary child!

Ralikan: You lie! See a psychologist!

Awkward silence

FOT: WE NOW HAVE REVERSIBLE USB CABLES BITCHES

LMAO

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
         Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
         Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
         Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

ddmkm122

ddmkm122

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York, The United States Of America.

You mean in less than a month, there will be Flashpoints, whatever those are?!?!?

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

The actual purpose of this thread is to make personal predictions about the upcoming year (2014), basically making educated guesses about what you believe will happen in the span of one year. MarcZ had one of these last year, and when the year's close to its end, you can go back and re-evaluate your predictions. That way, you see whether your assumptions were correct, where you missed the target and where you at least predicted some trends and so on. It's speculative fun! Theoretically, at least.

Also, it is supposed to spark discussion about the likelihood of the predicted events, leading to a fruitful debate to enrich your perspective and broaden your horizon and whatnot. Constructive criticism is actually encouraged. I think.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

ddmkm122

ddmkm122

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationRochester, New York, The United States Of America.

Oh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users