Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Home & Leisure News and Discussions

leisure internet of things home automation smartphones wearable technology video games domestic robotics electronics relaxation home

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Samsung Is Releasing A Standalone Smartwatch This Summer http://www.cnet.com/...ng-this-summer/

Apple and Google don't even have one smartwatch yet, and Samsung's already working on its fifth. A report from the Wall Street Journal says that yet another Samsung smartwatch, one which would be fully uncoupled and stand-alone and act as a watch-phone with its own SIM card, is on its way as early as this summer. While details beyond that seem slim, odds are likely it'll build on the hardware and app feature set of the new Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo watches. Could it have a camera, then, and a heart rate monitor, and Tizen apps, and be water and dust-resistant? Seems like it would make sense.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
https://cue.me/#inflammation

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Intelligent Automatic Doors

http://mobile.extrem...ke-intelligence
  • Cody930 likes this

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts
Nest's New Developer Program Will Connect All Your Gadgets In One Place

In an announcement made late this evening, Nest announced the project that seems all but inevitable: The Nest Developer Program, a project that will open up Nest's platform to developers—and connect existing Nest products to a broad array of other smart devices, from smart watches to washing machines.

The program is launching today in conjunction with Google I/O, which begins on Wednesday. It'll open up Nest to more than 5,000 developers who "who've expressed interest in the program to work together to create meaningful interactions among Nest products and others," according to the company.

But to kick things off, Nest also announced a handful of ready-made interactions that will be available for users immediately, connecting a number of other consumer devices with Nest's own platform. For example, your Jawbone device will let your thermostat know when you wake up or asleep, and adjust the temperate accordingly. Or, you can set up a IFTTT recipe yourself—want your Protect to text your neighbor if it smells smoke? Now, it can.

To follow my work on tropical cyclones

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

so I take it this thread is intended for things like: Gaming, TV/movies, food, clothing, decor, sports...

anything else.

I think it's interesting that these are areas in which we will likely see the most obvious and distinct developments, but they won't be quite as revolutionary to observe. They are also the hardest to predict.

I'd like to see more in this catagory posted and am willing to do my part.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Modular smartphone: literally coming soon!
http://mobile.extrem...out-project-ara

Considering Project Ara nothing more than some pretty concept art back in October 2013, it’s impressive how quickly Google’s Advanced Technology and Projects (ATAP) group has produced a working prototype. If all goes to plan, Google hopes to sell the modular Ara smartphone in 2015, starting at $50 for a bare-bones endoskeleton that you plug other modules into.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts
ADT Corporation Launches Voice Control for Smart Homes

The ADT Corporation (ADT - Analyst Report), an electronic security provider, launched ADT Pulse Voice, a new application that integrates personal voice recognition into its existing home automation technology. This app provides greater safety and convenience to customers, as it can be programmed to respond only to select voices.

Home automation technology allows users to remotely control their home’s security, thermostat, lighting and appliances. The company’s innovative ADT Pulse Voice technology enables customers to log in and log out of the app using custom technology that recognizes unique voice signatures.

Users can log in verbally through an iOS or Android smartphone, and activate or deactivate their pulse security panel, control their home’s lighting, regulate thermostats, lock and unlock doors and check the status of their homes.

http://www.zacks.com...for-Smart-Homes

Well, the smart home is fully available.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

iPhone 6 comes out September 25

"The report citing industry sources claims Apple will unveil the iPhone 6 on September 15, while retail availability will begin on September 25.We know that Apple normally prefer to start the sales of new iPhone models on a Friday. This move seems logical as it helps the company to target the weekend crowd."

from http://www.delhidail...ort-1404419814/

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,827 posts

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

A Wall Becomes A Collaborative Space

Korean researchers are fine-tuning a display system that could upgrade collaborative work and play. The TransWall, being built at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology’s Design Media Lab, is a two-sided see-through touchscreen. It allows people to interact with it and each other, and provides audio and tactile feedback to users.

TransWall works through two projectors on each side of the device that produce images on a holographic screen film, which is sandwiched between two transparent acrylic sheets. A surface transducer attached to the displays makes the screens interactive. Its developers say the system is meant to facilitate interpersonal communication and gaming. See the full video below.

http://txchnologist....ve-space-korean

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

Samsung, Google Inc.'s Nest Labs Unveil ‘Thread’ Network For Smart Homes

http://www.ibtimes.c...t-homes-1629204
Thread is backed by Silicon Valley's biggest tech titans. Will it catch on?

Some of Silicon Valley's biggest names are betting that your home is about to get smarter. Google Inc.’s (NASDAQ:GOOGL) Nest Labs, Samsung and six other manufacturers announced a new network designed to connect the Internet of Things on Tuesday. The group calls it “Thread,” and it spelled out Thread's advantages over existing wireless technologies.

Analysts expect modern “smart homes” to include a number of sensor-wielding appliances capable of communicating with each other and humans: Nest’s smartphone-controlled smoke alarm can notify a homeowner at work if it detects smoke, while Samsung Electronics’ (KRX:005930) touchscreen refrigerator reads the latest tweets aloud to users during breakfast. And while Apple, Inc.’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) HomeKit may offer a central hub for all of those devices, it's not meant to keep them connected on a central network.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

a car can't do errands for you. unless the car is able to drive into the dry cleaners can do what you wanted to get done. 

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Members
  • 6,750 posts

I think with the right imagination and advancements in science. Just about anything is possible!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
'bout time this thread became 'hot'.

http://mobile.extrem...or-a-smartwatch

Smartshoes.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,966 posts
  • LocationLondon

Homes where you can live under the sea

Underwater hideouts may be the domain of James Bond villains and Gerry Anderson's Stingray puppets but people in the real world are also dreaming about living at the bottom of the sea - and the dreams may not be far off being realised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-29031512

_77335871_living-room.jpg

_77335874_bedroom.jpg

• Zaphod, eacao, Yuli Ban and 3 others like this

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
^Buildings like these could also be used to replace aquariums. Seeing sea life in it's natural habitat instead of cramped into a small tank is not only more interesting, but also much nicer for the animals.
  • hiraeth likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

This thread needs some attention!

This was one of the predictions in the Skyscanner Future of Travel 2024, which also tipped space travel, underwater hotels and the emergence of new destinations as trends to watch.

The report said hotel guests will use their mobile devices to tailor details of their experience including air temperature, shower power and in-room entertainment.

It said they will even offer amenities via 3D printing: “Hotel rooms of the future will be able to take advantage of the latest technologies to provide additional comfort for guests.

“Pillows with embedded electronics will provide sleep-aiding massages and wake up calls, while the internal clocks of jet-lagged guests will be aided with light boxes. 

“Guests' skin and hair will be improved by showers offering water infused with Vitamin C while advances in 3D printing will mean that guests no longer need worry about bathroom amenities as by 2024 they will simply be able to print everything they need, including toothpaste and soap.

from http://www.travoluti...ospitality.html

Spoiler

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

^^^ When Holographic Wall-Screens roll out, there will be no need to spend such a preposterous amount of money to live underwater. Lol

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,239 posts

^^^ When Holographic Wall-Screens roll out, there will be no need to spend such a preposterous amount of money to live underwater. Lol

And FIVR could let you really live underwater...

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leisure, internet of things, home automation, smartphones, wearable technology, video games, domestic robotics, electronics, relaxation, home

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users