Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

If I Ruled The World..

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

TheProphetOfTheFuture

TheProphetOfTheFuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a galaxy far, far away...

Hi, everybody, it's me again and instead of making you think about immortality, why don't you release your inner control freak and share your thoughts about an Earth entirely ruled by you!

I thought a lot about this topic and I could probably write about five books about it. In my world:

• Censorship would be a thing of the past, as we educate our children (and some of our adults) on this very extensive topic.
  • Even though I might get a lot of hate, I would get rid of all major religions (okay, maybe this is being a little too honest).
  • Alcohol would be eradicated (yes, I do not drink, I hate the stuff).
  • Science and technology would be held very high in our society (more so than today).
  • Space travel research would be funded more.
  • Humanity would be more connected to nature and we will look for more environmentally-friendly ways of doing things (like producing fuel, food and other necessities).

Well, that's only a few things, but what would you guys change if the world was in your hands?

• Futurist likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

1- Start young. Children are required to enter a "Studentry" from birth. Thus, they can be educated during their more formative years (ages birth through 5, the years children aren't in school, but for good reason; traditional schools suck). They'd be co-taught by parents and teachers.

2- Advocate technology and science. Greatly.

3- Rock and roll indoctrination.

4- Celebrate nature. Remember your roots as a primate, and look to the stars. 

5- All world leaders under me (as I will not rule the world alone) must earn whatever is the average of their nation-states.  If the average salary/money earned is $1,000, the leader gets $1,000. Give you some incentive to make the poor rich.

6- Technostic order. 

• TheAsianGuy_LOL, Futurist, Cosmic Cat and 2 others like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
If I ruled the world, every human being would be a free human being.
Posted Image
  • TheAsianGuy_LOL, Futurist, TheProphetOfTheFuture and 1 other like this

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

1.  I construct an AI that distributes nanobots into everyone, and monitors for crime, and shuts off motor controls if they even so much as intend to. (Fantasizing doesn't count, but actively trying). Part of crime counts as trying to circumvent said AI.

2. Pretty much it. AI handles everything else.

3. ???

4. Profit!

• Squillimy likes this

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

I would immediately take it back out of my hands again. No human being alone can make an accurate a decision as multiple humans, even if working against each other. Also there's the obvious problem that anyone with any amount of power can be controlled by their emotions and thus strive for more power. And a dictatorship world, even if a benevolent one, would be extremely bad for humanity. One of the most important psychological necessities is the belief that one controls one's own destiny. And also it would reduce cultural diversity.

• rennerpetey likes this
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

TheProphetOfTheFuture

TheProphetOfTheFuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a galaxy far, far away...

I would immediately take it back out of my hands again. No human being alone can make an accurate a decision as multiple humans, even if working against each other. Also there's the obvious problem that anyone with any amount of power can be controlled by their emotions and thus strive for more power. And a dictatorship world, even if a benevolent one, would be extremely bad for humanity. One of the most important psychological necessities is the belief that one controls one's own destiny. And also it would reduce cultural diversity.

While I kind of agree, I disagree. I say this because while human beings have control over their destiny, some countries do a poor job of letting people do that. But, I am not at liberty to argue with a stranger over the internet.

EDIT: And on the topic of cultural diversity, I think that if the world was ruled by one person that the human race would form a whole new culture, which might be more diverse than ever!

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

While I kind of agree, I disagree. I say this because while human beings have control over their destiny, some countries do a poor job of letting people do that. But, I am not at liberty to argue with a stranger over the internet.

EDIT: And on the topic of cultural diversity, I think that if the world was ruled by one person that the human race would form a whole new culture, which might be more diverse than ever!

Yeah, some countries don't give people individual freedoms. Some do. Better than running the risk of the entire world having no freedom.

And generally the more well-connected a culture, the less diverse it becomes.

But agreed. I don't like arguing either.

• TheProphetOfTheFuture likes this
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

I'd give NASA and DARPA all the money.....

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I'd give NASA and DARPA all the money.....

To build Skynet lol.

I would build an anarcho-capitalistic and libertarian world. I would greatly advocate science, technology and nature. Independent destinies and morals of each individuals are of great importance as well. My favorite would be to create a "common military." It means anyone can have military and survival knowledge so as to defend themselves when necessary. 

• TheProphetOfTheFuture and Jakob like this

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

I would make sure my...what would that be? Dictatorship? Empire? Well, I'd make sure my dictatorship gave anyone the right to live. Public healthcare and money for basic living needs, like food and shelter, free higher education. Everyone contributes. Loads of taxes to make this work, but it's worth it on the long run. I'd fund automation and robotics to take over manual labor, so that people could focus on research and high skill jobs. Eventually those will become automated too, but in the meantime...

No religion allowed at school. One could be of whatever religion they want, as long as they keep it to themselves. If you want to teach your children to be a good christian, fine, go ahead, as long as you don't ask me, your friendly dictator, to waste tax money on that kind of stuff. Oh, and religious institutions wouldn't be immune to tax either.

No death penality, no matter how terrible the crime. Nobody deserves to die. 

I'd get a LOT of hate for this, but VERY strict laws on guns. VERY. Basically the idea would be that getting a gun would be so hard one would rather give up.

Lots of fundings and media attention on technology and science, which would be what society is based on instead of economy. I wouldn't bail out banks and huge corporations from failure, I'd rather give that money to NASA or DARPA. 

Basically, as far as priorities go, it would be something like

science and technology=education=standard quality of life for everyone>automation of jobs>economy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nothing>>>>>religion.

Of course, this is assuming I rule the whole world and get to do what I want.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Among other things, I would: 1. Fully implement democracy worldwide

2. Gradually eliminate all non-Deistic religions

3. Allow any part of any country to secede with a free and fair referendum

4. Legalize things such as sodomy and gay marriage everywhere worldwide

5. Dramatically increase spending on science, medicine, and technology

6. Modify certain laws of various countries (for instance, I would install term limits on United States Supreme Court Justices)

7. Abolish discrimination everywhere

8. Fully and gradually implement secular education everywhere worldwide

9. Modify certain statutory rape laws to make them more pragmatic (for instance, I think that here in California, an 18 year old having de facto consensual sex with a 17 year old is considered to be statutory rape, which is extremely idiotic, in my honest opinion)

10. Make justices follow the original intent of laws to the best of their abilities, as opposed to having them "legislate from the bench"

11. Permanently dismantle all nuclear, chemical, biological, et cetera weapons worldwide

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
I'd put science, maths, technology, education and the arts at the top. Religion would be practised in private, don't need to go building giant cities dedicated to religion (Vatican City). I'd try to remove prejudice and hate. I would legalise marijuana and make cigarettes illegal (at least marijuana doesn't contain TNT or rat poison, unlike cigarettes).
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Good ideas guys, but no matter how much we will try to eliminate hate and the likes, it will never happen due to the free will of the human mind, unless you do something that changes human nature completely. Also, about banning weapons, I understand your reasons for world peace, but I still believe humans must have some type of tech advantage of weapons in order to survive when humans starts going out to space (hence my common military doctrine). 

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

I wouldn't want the job. Seriously herding cats would actually be easier, at least cat are not possessed of elaborate fantasies on which they base entire moral philosophies which are dogmatically enforced upon a population via cultural pressures and violence.

Failing that: Automate the hell out of everything. Your food, homes, clothes, water, power, roads, internet, manufacturing and educational institutions maxed out and automated to run without tending by a single human. Then force open the door to space and leave it open for exploration.

Billions of people unable to find jobs... but not needing them in the first place to survive. Provided with any opportunity to go any place and explore and learn at no cost to themselves.

Then I'd just make sure that no one group has the ability to take any of that away from the rest of humanity. Leave them to do what they wish with their lives. we may see a few decades of floundering and uncertainty before people sat down and decided what it is they most wanted to do to explore their lives and selves.

• StanleyAlexander, TheAsianGuy_LOL and four like this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

RedFrontier

RedFrontier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

I used to play this game a lot when I was a kid...lol.

If I could rule the world...mmm, let's see, well, for the most part I'd be Robin Hood, taking from the rich and giving it to the poor.  Actually, what I would do is to confiscate the trillions of dollars of wealth that's locked up in the Vatican and the world's wealthiest familes and use it to boost the living standards of the poor worldwide.  Then, I would make it illegal for any person or organization to profit off another person's labor.  This means that all companies and organizations MUST distribute 100% of their profits among the workers, although I would allow workplaces to be run in a democratic manner (such that the higher level workers could be paid according to their efforts expended - but this would have be to be decided by the workers themselves, NOT owners and shareholders, etc.)

But since there are clearly not enough jobs to go around, I would institute a guaranteed min income, such that everyone could enjoy a middle class standard of living without the need for a job.  Work (as in mundane labor) is incredibly overrated, so I would do my best to steer society away from work altogether - let machines and AIs do that crap...lol.

War would be illegal, of course, and no militaries.  Drugs would be legal, as people will do them regardless.  Prisons would be abolished - alternative means of correction would need to be found, such as re-engineering the brains of offenders.  Education would be of gold-plated standard for every single child, worldwide.  Free medical care for every single person, worldwide.  Religion would be allowed, but strongly discouraged in the public sphere, no special tax treatment, etc.  Fossil fuels would be phased out as quickly as possible, and any pollution at all would be abolished - if something can't be manufactured without harm to the environment, it doesn't get made, period.  Science and research would be given the highest priority, especially space exploration and human settlement off-world.

Oh yeah, I'd require everyone in the world to worship me on a daily basis. :biggrin: Nah, just kidding. :lol:

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

I would create a massive transfer of wealth from developed countries to developing countries by eliminating all patent and copyright protections. Then I would make education freely available online and create a universal certification standard so that everyone could learn at their own pace. Then I would fund low orbit airships or solar drones to deliver high speed internet to all countries. And, finally, I would establish an office tasked to finance and support development in emerging nations. 

My theory is that open source collaboration is a superior model for driving technological innovation as long as the whole world is connected and educated. 

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

I would drive technology so much to create the Molecular Detachment Device. Then I would fire it at a mountain.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

rennerpetey

rennerpetey

To infinity, and beyond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationLost in the Delta Quadrant

A lot of people seem to have a problem with religion, but I would keep it how it is.  I am an atheist, so don't listen to me, but religious organizations do a lot of good.  I understand taking billions away from the Vatican, but other than that, I wouldn't mess with religion.

• Jakob likes this

Pope Francis said that atheists are still eligible to go to heaven, to return the favor, atheists said that popes are still eligible to go into a void of nothingness.

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I wouldn't ban religion, but I would demand that everyone convert to Elonism at once. Not liberal/moderate Elonism either, I'm talking hardline fundamentalist Elonism, the kind you only see in the most authoritarian sectors of the Elonic Empire in my universe.

Everyone would have to pray five times a day in the direction of Hawthorne, California (SpaceX headquarters) and would have to make a pilgrimage there to kneel before St. Elon and shake His hand. For one month of the year, people would only be allowed to drive Teslas between sunrise and sunset. Weekly attendance of an Elonic temple is mandatory, police will go from door to door and make sure that no one abstains. Blasphemy against Elon the Lord and Savior would be punishable by death and everyone would have to donate one tenth of their income to His companies. We would also sacrifice virgins to St. Elon on Sundays--72 of them. Maybe then He won't be so lonely.

Neuralink technologies would be used to enforce conversion to Elonism.

• rennerpetey likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • 5,239 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

Spoiler

• rennerpetey likes this

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users