Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Archive of failed prophecies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

That's what came to mind (sorry if it was already discussed somewhere): there are in fact two types of content in FT. From 2000 to 2013 - a chronicle of already happened events. From 2014 to the end of Universe - more or less educated guesses about what's going to happen. By now, this page:

http://www.futuretim...entury/2013.htm

is already history, while this:

http://www.futuretim...entury/2014.htm

is still about futurology, but will obviously be rewritten in 2015 to add really happened events and remove all the failed predictions about "what should happen in this year".

So, why don't you keep these original pages somewhere? It would be interesting to compare them with reality. Even more interesting with every passing year...

• IzzyIngleby, Tuluk-Jei, TheAsianGuy_LOL and 3 others like this

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Second that. I really want to see how the timeline compares with reality. I think it would be good to compare and use the comparison to estimate the accuracy of various predictions. 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • LocationLondon

They're all archived on Wayback Machine. :)

Also, I have a "Deleted items" page saved to my hard drive. Maybe I will feature some of them, after the site has relaunched.

• raxo2222, diego2001578 and Glory of the quasars like this

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

http://www.futuretim...4-time-capsule/

• raxo2222 likes this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

They're all archived on Wayback Machine. :) Also, I have a "Deleted items" page saved to my hard drive. Maybe I will feature some of them, after the site has relaunched.

You should have statuses of past predictions. You can put beside them if they came true with the date or range of date the prediction was fulfilled. You than put beside the failed predictions something like it didn't happen. That would be pretty beat.
  • FutureGuy likes this

StanleyAlexander

StanleyAlexander

Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon, USA, Earth, 2063

^ neat, too.

Humanity's destiny is infinity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users