Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Height - Are there any research out there to increase human height?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
I just wanted to know if there are currently existing research about height increase. or is it technologically impossible to increase one's height after puberty? Please share me you thoughts. Im thinking that these would pave a whole new medical industry that treats people with dwarfism in the future.
The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously...

Azevo

Azevo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I remember seeing a while ago (am talking 6ish years) in a doco about someone increasing their height by having the bones in their legs broken in two and separated via metal rods and alike, in the hope of having a few inches grow back. Gruesome stuff I though, not sure why someone would do it, be it vanity or otherwise. Anyway, here is a url http://limblengtheni...om/indexaaa.php Probably not the kind of stuff you're after, but thats all I know about it.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
yeah, theres a hype in china about that. but im talking about non-invasive procedures,

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Locationlondon

I just wanted to know if there are currently existing research about height increase. or is it technologically impossible to increase one's height after puberty? Please share me you thoughts.

Im thinking that these would pave a whole new medical industry that treats people with dwarfism in the future.

there are two methods to increase one's height after the puberty (both are surgical procedures) and it is theoretically possible to increase one's height through stem cell (give a take a decade from now - ongoing research) as there are individuals who still grow after puberty (no medical condition) so this is one of the avenues for further and future research in to this issue.

However, Humans aren't designed to be very tall, Very tall male (exceeding 195cm height) suffer severe medical condition as they age and often their lifespans are shorten by as much as 15 years, you' d be hard pressed to find very tall individuals in ripe old age of 80, most men/women who are over 200cm do not live to be 70.

Best hight for a human is between 160 and 185cm, any taller than 195cm and you risk medical conditions as you age and shorten life span.

Short individuals (150cm or less) are also susceptible to many medical conditions and shorter life span just as very tall individuals are,.
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
i like your information about the stem cell research, do you have a link about it? btw im about 150cm (5ft) or maybe a little bit more, so im pretty short. even to an asian standard, well at least in this generation.

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Locationlondon
well 150cm is quite short and yes there's a lot of promise on steam cell research front, as i've said it might be a decade or two before there's a viable treatment, right now best treatments are very expensive surgeries, one is called a Russian method, which can add additional 5-7cm to your height and other one is a a French method which can add 5cm (for a very short person) to max 8cm for an average person like me (i am around 175cm tall).

http://growth-resear...g/increase.aspx

http://www.scienceda...90130154910.htm

http://clinicaltrial...22stem+cells%22

http://healthfitness...w-close-we-are/

BTW, I won't provide you with surgical alternatives as they are very expensive, one can be done anywhere in the world (russian method) by any hospital, but has high risks of spine fluid infection and death if infection goes unnoticed, therefore not very popular, and other method is done only in France and can be done only at certain clinics prescribed by French Ministry of health, this method costs 45000 euros and is quite painful, you end up in a hospital for 2-3 months and can give you max 5 cm (you being only 150cm tall),

Steam cell is most promising and with this you could actually have almost natural growth and no pain involved other the initial 30 min surgery to insert steam cell (bone marrow procedure). With this procedure you can get 8-12cm increase in height over 18 months and than if you aren't happy another 8-12cm on top of that 18 months later on, Procedure lasts up to 5 years and you must not be over 60 years of age.
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users