Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Will we be able to fully understand exorcisms someday ?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
Posted Image

IzzyIngleby

IzzyIngleby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

POPULAR

I understand them pretty well already, they're bullshit.

• Craven, Zeitgeist123, SG-1 and 10 others like this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

So explain them to me.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Anyone can act, Italian. All an exorcism requires is an actor, a priest, and a bible.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

So explain them to me.

People with emotional/mental problems are brainwashed into believing that they're possessed by demons. Then a priest comes in to exorcise them. They remember that they're supposed to be possessed with demons and don't want to lose whatever subconscious protections they have. They take out their frustrations on the priest. When the priest is finished, they are hypnotized into believing they're better when nothing really happened and they don't receive medical attention. That, or it was all in their head to start with so, by believing their problems are demons, and believing they no longer hold demons inside of them, their brain essentially cleanses itself. Or they're actors putting on a show.

People underestimate how fucking powerful the brain is. If your brain tells your eyes to explode, your eyes are gonna fuckin' explode. If you get slashed across the forehead and your brain tells the wound to grow an eye instead of scar up, you've gotcherself a third eye, buddy!

• EVanimations and IzzyIngleby like this
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

Two words: placebo effect.

It's quite powerful.

• FutureGuy likes this
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

IzzyIngleby

IzzyIngleby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

So explain them to me.

People with emotional/mental problems are brainwashed into believing that they're possessed by demons. Then a priest comes in to exorcise them. They remember that they're supposed to be possessed with demons and don't want to lose whatever subconscious protections they have. They take out their frustrations on the priest. When the priest is finished, they are hypnotized into believing they're better when nothing really happened and they don't receive medical attention. That, or it was all in their head to start with so, by believing their problems are demons, and believing they no longer hold demons inside of them, their brain essentially cleanses itself. Or they're actors putting on a show.

People underestimate how fucking powerful the brain is. If your brain tells your eyes to explode, your eyes are gonna fuckin' explode.

What Yuli Ban said...minus the eye explosions...

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationSnodland, Kent, UK

I was to say that "We understand them already: they're a load of shit!", but it looks as though I was beaten to it.

• FutureOfToday likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

But about people healing with diseases, materializing things, speaking multiple languages...how is that possible to explain?

I personally knew anthropologist who study exorcism and witchcraft and they came to a conclusion many times.

1 the people involved in the ritual have a previous agreement

or 2 there are many things we don't know how to explain. not every exorcism are organized.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,148 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

But about people healing with diseases, materializing things, speaking multiple languages...how is that possible to explain?

I personally knew anthropologist who study exorcism and witchcraft and they came to a conclusion many times.

or 2 there are many things we don't know how to explain. not every exorcism are organized.

Like I said, man... never underestimate the brain. It's beyond us all.

I'm surprised there isn't some slapstick religion worshiping our brains.

Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBerlin

^ And, in such a religion or better yet, sect, if they did those rituals were they drive themselves into a state of ecstasy? Driving their brains into overdrive because the feel that the brain is just so wonderful? I'd call that mindblowing ;)

When you think about how surreal our whole existence and perception is... how your brain is constantly re-arranging and well.. even going to bed becomes kind of... weird and scary. You don't know what happened in your brain while you slep (not that we know much about that in our waking, hours, lol)t. You might not (are not) the same person you were when you went to sleep in the first place. So... the brain and its mysterious ways... we don't know enough yet.

Yuli, you made me kind of want to worship brains now :p

• EVanimations likes this

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

I think I do too. What shall we call ourselves? The Cerebrum Conclave?

• Lily likes this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Double Posted

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

The video explains the disease part.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

[color=rgb(127,127,127);font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';font-size:9pt;][font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(127,127,127);]   [/color][/color][/font]

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Like I said, man... never underestimate the brain. It's beyond us all.

I agree with that and an explication was not really needed in this sense, my question is when we will accurately explain the relation between brain and ceirtain kinds of phenomenas.

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

That sounds a lot like Scientology.

My collection of quotes
Spoiler

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

you can always ask a psychologists or the people who work in mental health facilities.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

you can always ask a psychologists or the people who work in mental health facilities.

At the present time there is not a precise and agreed answer.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

there is, you just need to diagnose a person individually to fully assess them though. every miraculous/diabolical events have non-miraculous/non-diabolical explanations.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users