Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

FutureTimeline 4.0

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

Thanks again for your comments everyone.

Btw - I've split the last 20 posts away from the previous thread and created this new one.

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

I noticed now, that I can change to bright theme, its way better :D

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

FutureLover1999

FutureLover1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I don't like it personally. I think there's too much blue, think it could use another main colour to compliment it. Also it seems the adverts are more noticeable and distracting then they used to be. Just my opinion though.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

think it could use another main colour to compliment it.

There is - white.  :)

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Ok, now the thread makes sense lol. It seems you've also changed the banner animation of the forum as well. It's much better now, so serene and "spacey" :).

• eacao and ddmkm122 like this

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Ryan94

Ryan94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Hate it. The old design with the picture of the earth and the dark blue theme looked great. If you could bring back the old picture, and a darker theme, then i would be happy with the changes. But then again, everyone else seems to love the new changes.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

The old design with the picture of the earth and the dark blue theme looked great.

The font was dull as ditchwater. Pages were inconsistent and lacked CSS.

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
The update is lovely!! Love the layout and how each part part has its own block, which itself is divided up. Really tidies it up. Will, I envy you for your ability to make such nice websites.
  • wjfox likes this
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

Wow, you really outdid yourself redesigning the timeline; it looks a lot more organized and professional. Wonderful job!

• wjfox likes this

Thatguy11

Thatguy11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Honestly? I don't like it that much. I preferred the other layout a lot. Why exactly did you feel the need to change it?
  • Ryan94 likes this

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,970 posts
  • LocationLondon

To the haters - I genuinely can't understand how you prefer the old design!

P.S. I spent weeks and weeks, sometimes working 18+ hours per day, to create this new version. It was back-breaking work.

The main logo is better, layout and navigation is better, fonts are clearly better and more professional looking (rather than plain standard ones), pages are more consistent and load quicker. White background is cleaner, fresher looking, and more in keeping with modern design styles. Homepage in particular looks awesome with its new slideshow, accompanying Twitter feed and other things.

Seriously WTF ?? ... ...

*shakes head in exasperation*

In any case, I'm a writer - not a designer. :) I know a professional designer could do a better job, but personally I'm quite proud of what I've achieved here. It isn't perfect but it's a substantial improvement over the previous version IMO.

• Time_Traveller, Italian Ufo, eacao and 6 others like this

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
^ If someone wants to have, they ought to be able to do a better job. Just ignore them. Also, seems like all the haters are smaller members, and the ones who like it are regulars. Also, I just noticed the new banner on the forum, and it's also class!! :) It must have taken you quite a long time to do all of this.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Yeah, people are creating accounts just to say they hate it... probably time wasters.
  • wjfox and PrimordialBeing like this

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,336 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
I like it.
  • wjfox likes this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Ryan94

Ryan94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
I just like the old picture of the sun rising over earth. Incorporate that back in somehow and i'm as happy as can be. But i don't really care that much anyway.

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

I like it, it's a lot more organized, but I don't think anyone is "hating". Just because they prefer something else doesn't mean they hate the design. The way everyone uses it implies putting down others either due to jealousy or getting some kind of good feeling from doing it. There is nothing that indicates this is the case(though it does seem to be the smaller members making the posts, I'll admit). So what if they don't like it? It's called an opinion. An irrelevant opinion, I might add. Let others have different preferences; most here seem to like it, including me, so that's all that matters, right? Don't feel down or anything, you've done a great job, and I don't think any of us could have done any better even if we tried. Before I start rambling, my point is don't feel down just because a few people don't agree with the design. And just because they don't agree with it doesn't make them "haters" either. We all have different preferences, so let's just leave it at that.

P.S: I do agree with that one guy who brought up the point about the blue on the home page making it look as if someone's highlighted it with a mouse, but other than that, great job. :)

• FutureOfToday likes this

DreadPirate

DreadPirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Will,

Any thoughts on when the RSS feed is going to be back up?  

BTW, for how I use the site...to get info on the latest advancements and timelines...the new look does the job.  I've designed sites in the past and the one thing I learned was that you won't please everyone.  Keep up the great job!

• wjfox likes this

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Yeah, I completely agree that the blue shading on the images needs to go. Other than that, the design is really nice and a huge improvement! :D
  • bee14ish likes this

Thatguy11

Thatguy11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
How is it an improvement? The pages take just as much time to load as before, the contents layout is confusing, and the text is crowded. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know if I'll be coming here as often as before. :/

Guest_Northward_*

Guest_Northward_*
  • Guests

I still think that the content of the website needs to be updated. Why does the timeline not have epoch 6 in it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users