Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Sci-Fi Art

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

When I was about 9 years old I got this book called 50 Years In Space (What we thought then... What we know now) by David A. Hardy and Patrick Moore and the book was pretty amazing. It tells the views of the future of space travel from the past and present and exploration and I kept reading it and looking at all the wonderful pictures in there. So now I've decided to look online to find the images and I wasn't disappointed. I got way more then I ever asked for. I saved them all on my computer and now I'm going to post them all here for all you guys to see!

Spoiler

• FutureLover1999, TheAsianGuy_LOL, Inet0 and 1 other like this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

This next one is my favourite out of all of the above. This one sparks a certain dream and beauty that I wish was real and living. This image really brings tears to my eyes because it is just amazing and breath taking for me. This one for sure is going to go on my VR bucket list.

Spoiler

• TheAsianGuy_LOL and Inet0 like this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Now here are some famous drawings from Robert Mccall, another space artist. He draws pretty amazing pictures too.

Spoiler

If only life was this easy you know? I wish the 2000s were as seen in those images above.

• Yuli Ban, TheAsianGuy_LOL and Inet0 like this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Wow! There are so many space artists that have amazing artwork. It's truley epic! These paintings are from John Berkey. The guy draws unique space ships.

Spoiler

• TheAsianGuy_LOL and Inet0 like this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

http://www.scifi-art...fi-artists.html

That links show more scifi artists than I ever imagined. This is the happiest time of my life, they post amazing paintings that come from my dreams. The artwork the artists do is just too good for words. I'm speechless. I can't post anymore because I'm artgasming overthem. My feelings of amazement just can't be put down. Just, here are some of the paintings these guys do so you know what I'm talking about.

Spoiler

Enough... Too much good artwork for one day...

• TheAsianGuy_LOL, Inet0, Rolletroll and 1 other like this

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Great stuff! Some of you might be interested in the artwork of former astronaut Alan Bean who used his experiences of having been on the Moon to paint some amazing artwork:

http://www.alanbeangallery.com/

• Cosmic Cat likes this
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Love these paleofuture space pics. Too bad there aren't many people who still do these...

• Yuli Ban likes this

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I'm just going to keep adding images here for a good database of awesome artwork by awesome artists.

Ryan Church (awesome artist):

Spoiler

• LWFlouisa likes this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Ohohohohoho. I have the idea of making a 3d oculus rift futuristic world simulator. Anyways, more pictures.

Here is Gary Tonge's artwork:

Spoiler

• Lily, Inet0 and Tantalus like this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Next I have Giuliano Brocani who is just a very amazing artist. Here's his website: http://www.giulianobrocani.com/wp/

Spoiler

• Adem likes this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Wayne Barlowe (an amazing artist) has created concept art for Galaxy Quest, Titan A.E., Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Avatar, Alien Planet (documentary) and Pacific Rim. I'm just showcasing some of his other work.

Spoiler

The biggest highlight I found from his artwork was his "Hell" project, I've shown a few up there but the rest are going to be purely from the project.

Spoiler

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Next I have Don Dixon, another amazing artist. His works are mostly landscape and are some of the most peaceful ones from the previous artworks I've shown. The things I enjoy much about his artwork is the texture and feeling of the solids, liquids and gasses. They have such great detail that you feel inside it. If you imagine hard enough, you can hear the environment he puts you in. 

The first one is my favourite one.

Spoiler

• LWFlouisa likes this

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

If you guys want more Sci-Fi art, you should follow this guy on Tumblr. He photocopies sci-fi images from magazines and posts them online for us to see. He's doing a great service for the world. 

The link: http://martinlkennedy.tumblr.com/

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Here's an amazing retro artist from the 80s. His name is Angus McKie

Spoiler

EDIT: there were more images but the links were deleted.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Now I have Marc Brunet, the guy draws the best Sci-fi babes for you to jack off to. (sorry couldn't resist). 

NSFW

Spoiler

Okay, now that all of you have enough pics to jack off to (sorry), I got some of his other artwork and unsurprisingly they have less attention.

Spoiler

I personally find the last one the best.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Not as much people here admire art as I do.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I admire art like the ones you posted. Often times, I stare at one after another for hours on end in the middle of the night. They're very.... hypnotic. 

• Cosmic Cat likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I admire art like the ones you posted. Often times, I stare at one after another for hours on end in the middle of the night. They're very.... hypnotic. 

Thanks for some inspiration to keep me going.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Keep them coming.

It's my hope one day we get to become one of the characters in these pictures in some virtual reality world.

• Cosmic Cat likes this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

matthewpapa

matthewpapa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Very cool collection so far. I enjoyed it all

I just watched Avatar last night. Some of these scenes were eerily similar though done earlier.

With some of these pictures you could base a whole novel it seems like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users