Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

New moderator

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationLondon

Since Nick (Logically Irrational) is hardly ever around these days, I want to add another moderator.

Normally I'd pick one myself, but I can't seem to decide this time. So please give me your nominations and I'll base my decision on that.

P.S. You can't nominate yourself.

• ddmkm122 likes this

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts
  • LocationRussia

I'd voted for Kjaggard.

• ddmkm122 likes this

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"And the Russian land, let God keep it! Under heavens, there is no other land like this. And although Russian nobles are not righteous neither kind, let God arrange the Russian land and give us enough justice" - Afanasy Nikitin, medieval traveler of XV century.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Glancing through the list of those that have been active in the past 24 hours, I agree with Phoenix and eacao; jaggard is the best choice I can think of. Assertive enough to be effective as an authority figure, and he's very knowledgeable being that he's been involved with the techie underground since before a lot of regulars here were even born.

Raklian would be my other choice.

• ddmkm122 likes this

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
Can't decide between kjaggard, Raklian, SG-1, Italian UFO, Craven and Futurist. I think the five of them are good choices. But overall, I would say that kjaggard is the best choice. Futurist is really neutral, he's friendly. Italian has been here a long time, he's been around the block, he's generally friendly and good at dealing with situations. Craven is also a pretty chill guy. He's friendly, and he has a good attitude, which I think would make him ideal for moderating. I think any of these guys would be great at moderating. I also agree with SG-1, two mods would be good of you can't decide between them. Yet another edit: I also think EVanimations and Saradus would be good choices. Both seem to be well able to handle themselves, and EV especially to have a thick skin (not in a bad way EV :) ), and therefore, I think he would be a good mod for dealing with trolls. Just noticed that Saradus hasn't been too active recently. Perhaps he's studying or something.
  • Futurist and ddmkm122 like this
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,335 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Can't decide between kjaggard, Raklian and SG-1. I think the three of them are good choices. But overall, I would say that kjaggard is the best choice.

I think SG-1 would probably abuse the power, he's not the most stable person and has said on a number of occasions what he would do if he was to become a mod. My vote is futurist, he is the most neutral member and wouldn't persecute certain members because they are different. After the nonsense last year I can't support someone who was previously an advocate for my banning.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I nominate bzflater.

I know, I'm surprising myself but I recall from my discussions with him on various issues, he comes across as a pretty logical, reasonable person - sometimes to my aggravation but after some thinking, I realize he was taking a very neutral stance on many of the issues from the beginning. I think he'd make a good impartial moderator.

• Malgidus, TheAsianGuy_LOL, Futurist and 2 others like this
What are you without the sum of your parts?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

kjaggard definitely.

I don't know if he is active the most; but he keeps up with the forums and is pretty level headed.  I can't see him getting into arguments with someone.  No non-sense.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I would say Raklian-Saradus-Futurist.

I also wouldn't mind to be a moderator. After all, I am one of the oldest on this forum and I have been here forever. I know that sometimes I get into serious argument and that's people may not like me but I also know how to be a good  guy. 

I will also moderate myself in case I get the role of a moderator. I won't behave like  than a random contributor.

Moderation is not an hard job to do. Just throw some water when things get inflamed, eliminate spam threads, follow the guide lines and be diplomatic.

I would like to have a chance.

• Saradus, Futurist and ddmkm122 like this

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I would also say Raklian.

It is a hard choice, why not make two new people mods?  I think there are plenty of qualified users here.  Moderation is a position that requires maturity.  There wouldn't be a problem with multiple mods if they were good and there are lots of guys here I think are great.

• ddmkm122 likes this

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

I agree with the others, kjaggard and Raklian seem good choices. Also eacao and MarcZ would be good.

I wouldn't mind being a mod myself, but I think I'm not regular enough and assertive enough.

• ddmkm122 likes this
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

kjaggard, Raklian, Futurist, SG-1, or Craven.

I would also say Lily, but I don't know if she's active enough.

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationWrocław

Futurist would be best in my opinon, one of the kindests member I've seen.

• Italian Ufo, Frizz, TheAsianGuy_LOL and 3 others like this

Zaphod

Zaphod

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationUK

I nominate Raklian.kjaggard and Craven are also good choices.

• ddmkm122 likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Thank you very much for all of the suggestions of me as the new moderator here. I am not going to actively promote myself for this position, but I am not going to decline this position either if it is offered to me.

As for my choices (and I am not going to recommend myself here), my recommendation here would probably be bzflater, MarcZ, and/or Raklian.

I strongly admire bzflater's opposition to censorship (specifically in regards to bzflater strongly opposing banning people simply for expressing various unpopular and unorthodox views here). bzflater also appears to be pretty decent in the sense of avoiding personal attacks, et cetera.

MarcZ appears to be a pretty decent guy, as well as someone who is extremely knowledgeable on various issues. MarcZ also appears to be pretty tolerant and open-minded.

Much of what I've wrote about bzflater and MarcZ also appears to apply to Raklian.

As for kjaggard, he might make a good moderator here as well, though since I unfortunately don't think that I have interacted with him enough, I don't think that I am able to have a solid opinion on him as a moderator here either one way or the other way.

Much of what I've wrote about kjaggard also appears to apply to Craven.

• four and ddmkm122 like this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Thank you very much for all of the suggestions of me as the new moderator here. I am not going to actively promote myself for this position, but I am not going to decline this position either if it is offered to me.

As for my choices (and I am not going to recommend myself here), my recommendation here would probably be bzflater, MarcZ, and/or Raklian.

I strongly admire bzflater's opposition to censorship (specifically in regards to bzflater strongly opposing banning people simply for expressing various unpopular and unorthodox views here). bzflater also appears to be pretty decent in the sense of avoiding personal attacks, et cetera.

MarcZ appears to be a pretty decent guy, as well as someone who is extremely knowledgeable on various issues. MarcZ also appears to be pretty tolerant and open-minded.

Much of what I've wrote about bzflater and MarcZ also appears to apply to Raklian.

As for kjaggard, he might make a good moderator here as well, though since I unfortunately don't think that I have interacted with him enough, I don't think that I am able to have a solid opinion on him as a moderator here either one way or the other way.

I'm not sure if I have enough of free time to be an actually useful moderator. Because of being busy lately, I mostly glanced through 2-3 sub-forums and posted in the threads that caught my attention the most for the last couple months and complained a bit about spam.

I could delete spam whenever I saw it, but I'm not sure that it's a proper reason to make me a moderator.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I'm not sure if I have enough of free time to be an actually useful moderator. Because of being busy lately, I mostly glanced through 2-3 sub-forums and posted in the threads that caught my attention the most for the last couple months and complained a bit about spam.

I could delete spam whenever I saw it, but I'm not sure that it's a proper reason to make me a moderator.

In such a case, I suppose that we should choose someone else right now but that you should tell us if you will have more free time at some point in the future.

Also, I want to point out that I seriously and strongly hope that the new moderator here will share your extremely strong opposition to censorship.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

I'm pretty new to the forum so I don't really know everyone, but yeah Kjaggard I've never had any bad interactions with him/her Futurist and Italian Ufo also seem like good choices.  

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

In such a case, I suppose that we should choose someone else right now but that you should tell us if you will have more free time at some point in the future. Also, I want to point out that I seriously and strongly hope that the new moderator here will share your extremely strong opposition to censorship.

Anyhow, seeing more spam I revoke my former point - I would like to be a moderator even if only for the ability to delete spam whenever I see it instead of it lingering for hours.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Speak of the devil, spam attack.

I'm not suited to be a moderator.  I am balancing a lot on my plate right now; I couldn't be consistent on the forums. Though I'd love to help. Frizz was partially right, depression makes you unstable; but I don't agree with the insult.  If I come across as power hungry you don't know me very well.

• Malgidus and PrimordialBeing like this

FutureLover1999

FutureLover1999

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I would say Raklian-Saradus-Futurist.

I also wouldn't mind to be a moderator. After all, I am one of the oldest on this forum and I have been here forever. I know that sometimes I get into serious argument and that's people may not like me but I also know how to be a good  guy. 

I will also moderate myself in case I get the role of a moderator. I won't behave like  than a random contributor.

Moderation is not an hard job to do. Just throw some water when things get inflamed, eliminate spam threads, follow the guide lines and be diplomatic.

I would like to have a chance.

If you're really willing to moderate yourself and delete your own spam threads than I nominate you. However then you will lose 90% of your posts, and as number of posts is the most important quality a person can have in your eyes this may mentally destroy you and you may then have to pass the moderator reins to someone else.

• EVanimations likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users