Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Large Population Growth in Russia in the Future?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Russian Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts

I think Humans have moved past that stage, we no longer live solely to reproduce.

You wouldn't know it by looking at certain people's habits though...

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUK

I think Humans have moved past that stage, we no longer live solely to reproduce.

You wouldn't know it by looking at certain people's habits though...

They are those not fortunate enough to have evolved in other areas of the mind. I often find myself feeling sorry for them.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

I wonder how many people in Russia aren't actually homophobic; I'd be genuinely interested to know.

Probably about 15%.

>_< That is just appalling. Hopefully Putin doesn't have too long left, in power or in life. I hear elections are rigged over there, is that true? If it isn't then surely the Russian people can vote for a decent human being next time - we all make mistakes.

Elections being rigged is a tough subject - there's lots of evidence that they actually are rigged, but according to most polls, Putin would win anyway.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

"Their lyrical themes include feminism, LGBT rights, opposition to the policies of Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom they regard as a dictator"

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pussy_Riot

"Pussy Riot members have been outspoken in their support of LGBT rights, and in an early interview they confirmed that the group includes at least one member of a sexual minority.[36] Both Tolokonnikova and Samutsevich participated in the banned 2011 Gay Pride rally in Moscow, and were briefly detained after the rally was broken up by police.[37] Pussy Riot's LGBT rights advocacy is seen in a negative light by conservative Russians; according to a Levada poll published in 2010, 74% of Russians view homosexuality as a "moral perversion" or "mental illness""

Our god never lies.

LGBT is a secondary topic for them. That's why I said little instead of nothing.

I assume most Russians associate pussy riot with everything anti-conservative. That includes LGBT. But im not Russian so I dont know for sure.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUK

I wonder how many people in Russia aren't actually homophobic; I'd be genuinely interested to know.

Probably about 15%.

>_< That is just appalling. Hopefully Putin doesn't have too long left, in power or in life. I hear elections are rigged over there, is that true? If it isn't then surely the Russian people can vote for a decent human being next time - we all make mistakes.

Elections being rigged is a tough subject - there's lots of evidence that they actually are rigged, but according to most polls, Putin would win anyway.

Hmm, I find that very intriguing. Sometimes I think it's because people are scared of him that they show support for him and nostalgia for the Soviet days, like maybe dissidence isn't dealt with very nicely, something like that. There's a lot of mystery with Russia to me, comparable to the secrecy of North Korea.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Probably about 15%.

Hmm, I find that very intriguing. Sometimes I think it's because people are scared of him that they show support for him and nostalgia for the Soviet days, like maybe dissidence isn't dealt with very nicely, something like that. There's a lot of mystery with Russia to me, comparable to the secrecy of North Korea.

Most people actually support Putin.

I'm serious.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Spoiler

I'm serious.

His birthday present was proof of that

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUK

Probably about 15%.

I'm serious.

The only explanation for that I can think of for that is that they don't know any better, most of the Russian people have been brainwashed with propaganda since 1917.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I can hear PhoenixRu about to arrive.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUK

Yes, actually, as a Russian I'd like to hear his opinion on this matter.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

I'm already here, guys... yes, it's true, i'm (in general) support Putin. Maybe it's because i'm "brainwashed with propaganda since 1917" and maybe just because i don't know any other REAL alternative to Putin. Or, to be correct, all the hypotetic alternatives (Zyuganov, Zhirinovsky, Navalny, etc) looks horrible. I ready to change my opinion, but you at least should tell me who do you think is ready to be the "face of the new democratic Russia"...

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

I'm already here, guys... yes, it's true, i'm (in general) support Putin. Maybe it's because i'm "brainwashed with propaganda since 1917" and maybe just because i don't know any other REAL alternative to Putin. Or, to be correct, all the hypotetic alternatives (Zyuganov, Zhirinovsky, Navalny, etc) looks horrible. I ready to change my opinion, but you at least should tell me who do you think is ready to be the "face of the new democratic Russia"...

The answer is simple: as of today, there's no alternative. Yes, I easily admit that.

But that's not because Putin is good, but rather because he spent years weeding out any real opposition. His actions are the reason why there's no alternative.

And that's also the reason why Russia is doomed.

So einfach ist das.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

The answer is simple: as of today, there's no alternative. Yes, I easily admit that.

But that's not because Putin is good, but rather because he spent years weeding out any real opposition. His actions are the reason why there's no alternative.

So einfach ist das.

Doomed? Ha! Russia existed for many centuries before Putin and will continue for centuries after Putin. As for the Russia's future, i'm rather the careful optimist than black pessimist.

• Futurist likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I don't like the Russian view on Gays.
Oh you cant have kids, your useless to the state.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are you serious? Do you think Russians don't like gays because of THIS?

Yeah, the reason for the anti-lgbt rhetorics of our government is far simpler - such people always exist in small percentages and as such are a convenient inner enemy to target. Simple fascist methods, similar to why were the Jews oppressed by Nazi Germany, except Jews were also generally rich.
Fascist regimes love inner enemies.

Yes, frankly, I think that Putin is persecuting LGBT people because he is calculating that doing this will cause him to get more support from anti-LGBT people than the amount of support from LGBT people which this will make him lose. :(

Also, it is worth noting that Jews were not generally rich--some Jews, such as German Jews, were on average better off than the average German was; however, many of the Jews which the Nazis killed were poor or relatively poor, such as most of the 2.7 million Soviet Jews which the Nazis killed.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-
How great would if putin were to be on game of thrones.

Edit: My phones autocorrect makes me cry.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Probably about 15%.

I'm serious.

Yep--the average Russian mentality appears to be much different from the average Western mentality.

Also, whether or not this is accurate, I would think that many/most Russians associate democracy with the stagnation and problems of the 1990s, which they certainly do not want a repeat of.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

How great would if putin were to be on game of thrones.

Edit: My phones autocorrect makes me cry.

http://www.businessi...-coming-2014-10

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationUK

Remember I said 'most' and not 'all'. By definition, 'most' could mean as little as 50.000001%. I never said you were one of them and as of yet, it doesn't seem there is anyone ready to be the face of a "new, democratic Russia". Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

So einfach ist das.

Doomed? Ha! Russia existed for many centuries before Putin and will continue for centuries after Putin. As for the Russia's future, i'm rather the careful optimist than black pessimist.

Yeah, if Hitler and the Nazis and the Communists failed to destroy Russia, then I don't see Russia realistically getting destroyed.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Remember I said 'most' and not 'all'. I never said you were one of them.

Interesting question: Do you know exactly which country sent Lenin and his Bolshevik buddies to Russia in 1917?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users