Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Iraqi Civil War News and Discussions

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

I'm sure by now most people have heard of the group ISIS we have been talking about them for quite awhile in Syria, these were the idiots eating peoples hearts and so forth. Now over the last few days they have launched quite the offensive in Iraq, consolidating on the gains they made in Anbar province back in January. There is now been a flood of decapitation videos flooding the internet from this group as they show what will happen to people who oppose them. They even put out a tweet referencing the World Cup saying that the head of a Iraqi police chief they killed would be their soccer ball.

http://www.businessi...ic-tweet-2014-6

Iran will have absolutely none of this going on in Iraq and has sent troops to assist in repelling this group, the United States has also moved military troops and has a tentative alliance with Iran to get rid of these fools. Funny thing is it looks like these guys (worse than Nazis in my opinion...) are being funded by traditional American ally Saudi Arabia so we could be looking at an alliance shakeup if America allies with Iran against GCC interests. 

This group is incredibly extreme but right now doesn't seem that it will be able to move beyond Syria and Iraq. Iran will probably be able to help beat back ISIS in Iraq over the coming days, however they still have a major stronghold in northern Syria, and Bashar al-Assad will probably ignore them until he gets rid of the moderate opposition at home, to make sure they can get no Western sympathy.

• eacao likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Plot twist: US and Iran are allies.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

I'm curious to see how tightly the American public will bind US military hands in this case. 

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • LocationRussia

Plot twist: US and Iran are allies.

No way... they have the temporarily coinciding goals in this particular case, nothing more. Though, the joke of history anyway. The same as modern US-Vietnamese "alliance" against China.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

I'm curious to see how tightly the American public will bind US military hands in this case. 

The people don't want to go in at all....

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Funny thing is it looks like these guys (worse than Nazis in my opinion...) are being funded by traditional American ally Saudi Arabia so we could be looking at an alliance shakeup if America allies with Iran against GCC interests.

Why exactly is Saudi Arabia funding them?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

And how popular exactly was the Libya intervention in 2011?

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Funny thing is it looks like these guys (worse than Nazis in my opinion...) are being funded by traditional American ally Saudi Arabia so we could be looking at an alliance shakeup if America allies with Iran against GCC interests.

They're sunnis 

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,939 posts
  • LocationLondon

No matter how much money we throw into that region, it remains trapped in a perpetual state of chaos.

Trillions of dollars wasted... and for what?

Let them destroy themselves.

8fgTLlY.jpg

• Yuli Ban and TheAsianGuy_LOL like this

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

As far as I'm concerned, the only move the US should make is to work in favor of shared Sunni/Shia power structures. As soon as a country starts excluding their minorities from power they destabilize into chaos or devolve into tyranny. 

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

To try to cut off Iranian influence to the Mediterranean Sea. Syria and Iraq are both proxy wars between Iran and the GCC.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

To try to cut off Iranian influence to the Mediterranean Sea. Syria and Iraq are both proxy wars between Iran and the GCC.

But in that case, why aren't they trying to find and to fund a more moderate Sunni Iraqi proxy?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

It's the Tet fucking Offensive all over again.
We should just ignore that region. It worked pretty well for Indochina. Maybe try to promote atheism as we leave.

GenX

GenX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

It's the Tet fucking Offensive all over again.
We should just ignore that region. It worked pretty well for Indochina. Maybe try to promote atheism as we leave.

I'm sure we would gladly ignore them if we could, but everyone needs the oil.  It is in the interest of most of the world to try to force peace even though the Sunni's and the Shiite's badly want war.  The US is allies with Saudia Arabia and Russia is allies with Iran, so if they did go to war that actually could evolve into WWIII.  Hey, maybe if people refuse to act on climate change, maybe just the overwhelming desire to be done with the middle east and let them destroy each other if they want to so badly will be what it takes to get us to move toward alternative energy.

The only thing we ever want is more

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
All because Big Oil just had to be greedy.

GenX

GenX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

In answer to your question about Saddam Hussein, I actually have a bit of a conspiracy theory about that.  After the first Gulf War, the US uncovered evidence that Saddam Hussein had tried to arrange to have President Bush Sr. assissinated.  It was uncovered and President Clinton ordered a missle strike on Iraq as retaliation.  However, I suspect that Bush Jr. never got over that, and the second he had a chance to invade Iraq, no matter what false pretenses he had to use to do it, he took it.  It was personal, and his whole goal was not to "bring democracy" to the region or free the people.  His one and only mission was to kill the man who tried to kill his father, because that is Texas justice.

The only thing we ever want is more

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,070 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Which only makes Bush even more of a mass murderous asshole.

Ryan94

Ryan94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Because the whole decade has been a proxy war between the Saudis and Persians.

Team Saudi (Sunnis): Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Al-Qaeda, Turkey.

Team Iran (Shia, Shia-led and Shia influenced countries): Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, U.A.E., Yemen, Oman.

This will simplify things

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Team Saudi (Sunnis): Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Al-Qaeda, Turkey.

Team Iran (Shia, Shia-led and Shia influenced countries): Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, U.A.E., Yemen, Oman.

No... U.A.E. and Yemen are not members of Team Iran. Oman is also neutral...

Israel is certainly on neither side as well...

Ryan94

Ryan94

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

No... U.A.E. and Yemen are not members of Team Iran. Oman is also neutral...

Israel is certainly on neither side as well...

Yemen have transitioned into a pro-Iran side in recent years due to continuous Shia rioting and a very weak government.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the other ones are definitely pro-Iran due to a huge Iranian diaspora, local trade dominated by Iranian trade, and the leaders having sided with the Iranians in the past (like Saudi's claim on Iranian islands in the gulf).

The Omani leader is the middle man between the western world and Iran. He is the most trusted Arab leader to the Iranians and is definitely pro-Iran.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users