Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Iraqi Civil War News and Discussions

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Funny thing is it looks like these guys (worse than Nazis in my opinion...) are being funded by traditional American ally Saudi Arabia so we could be looking at an alliance shakeup if America allies with Iran against GCC interests.

Why exactly is Saudi Arabia funding them?
Because the whole decade has been a proxy war between the Saudis and Persians.

Team Saudi (Sunnis): Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Qatar, Kuwait, Al-Qaeda, Turkey.

Team Iran (Shia, Shia-led and Shia influenced countries): Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, U.A.E., Yemen, Oman.

This will simplify things

No... U.A.E. and Yemen are not members of Team Iran. Oman is also neutral...

Israel is certainly on neither side as well...

Yemen have transitioned into a pro-Iran side in recent years due to continuous Shia rioting and a very weak government.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the other ones are definitely pro-Iran due to a huge Iranian diaspora, local trade dominated by Iranian trade, and the leaders having sided with the Iranians in the past (like Saudi's claim on Iranian islands in the gulf).

The Omani leader is the middle man between the western world and Iran. He is the most trusted Arab leader to the Iranians and is definitely pro-Iran.

No, no, and no... 

• Cosmic Cat likes this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

It would be fun if the Pope suddenly decided to call a crusade.

• Cosmic Cat likes this

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,145 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
And no one came.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Highly doubt Pope Francis would do that, especially since there are much holier (than thou) people in the Republican party who will call it.

• Futurist likes this

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Highly doubt Pope Francis would do that, especially since there are much holier (than thou) people in the Republican party who will call it.

I never implied that it's likely, I only said that it would be amusing.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

I never implied that it's likely, I only said that it would be amusing.

I didn't really mean to imply that it was likely, I should have said that Pope Francis doesn't have the personality for such a thing even if the Pope would call a crusade.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Here is a compilation of the atrocities they have carried out in just the last few days... beyond revolting...

http://www.zerohedge...ll-stop-nothing

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,145 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
This is medieval fuckery.

EVanimations

EVanimations

• Members
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Eldritch Beyond

This is despicable. Someone has to do something, but so much money and so many resources have been pumped into this horrible place all because of Big Oil's greed.

America should stay out, but who am I kidding.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,145 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
It's because of Big Oil this happened in the first place.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Sunni ftw

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

The Middle East is definitely a desolate wasteland, in the literal sense. All they have is oil which keeps them relevant in the world of politics but that is starting to become irrelevant in light of new technological advancements that render derivative forms of oil as unnecessary. By then, these people will begin to see the error of their ways as the rest of the world begins to become disinterested in that part of the world as they forage ahead into future. I'm pretty sure smart minds in the Middle East are aware of this but they're trying to figure out how to become philosophical/political leaders so they can make meaningful changes that are sensible to the rest of the world.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

The Middle East is definitely a desolate wasteland, in the literal sense. All they have is oil which keeps them relevant in the world of politics but that is starting to become irrelevant in light of new technological advancements that render derivative forms of oil as unnecessary. By then, these people will begin to see the error of their ways.

The economies of pretty much all of the countries in that area are reliant on Oil, once that dries up what we have seen so far will be a fond summer's dream.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

If the West stopped supporting the rebels in Syria, Assad would probably pretty quickly put ISIS out of business in that country. Which would allow Iraq to do the same in theirs. Assad will have no incentive to do so while these ISIS provide a good cover for him in international limelight while their hostilities make people in Western countries unwilling to give any Syrian rebels any weapons. Pretty brutal strategy. Problem is if the West keeps supplying the moderates ISIS will just grow stronger. 

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

New video of them executing dozens of people...

http://www.arabnews.com/news/587141

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Seems like Iraq is pressing them back, even Fallujah is under attack by the government now.

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

Seems like Iraq is pressing them back, even Fallujah is under attack by the government now.

We will see. Bombs are now tearing through Baghdad, and ISIS has captured some other towns. Looks like a full on civil war is coming, back to the good old days of Iraq 2006-2007...

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

@MarcZ: Out of curiosity, do you think that ISIS would have still been as successful in Iraq (right now) if the U.S. had kept, say, 10,000 troops in Iraq after 2011 (up to right now)?

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

@MarcZ: Out of curiosity, do you think that ISIS would have still been as successful in Iraq (right now) if the U.S. had kept, say, 10,000 troops in Iraq after 2011 (up to right now)?

No. But if Maliki hadn't behaved like an idiot there wouldn't have been this problem either. Anyways there are claims that ISIS has massacred nearly 1700 people in the last few days in Iraq in one city alone. 

MarcZ

MarcZ

Chief Flying Car Critic

• Members
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationCanada

CNN has a compliation (not terribly graphic) of some of the absolute insanity this organization is spreading all over the Internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users