Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

The Great Roman Empire in VR

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

What would it feel like going to this city in VR? This looks so much like an equal to any modern first world european city (save the technology). I wanna tour the ancient roman empire in VR one day complete with ancient roman costume and probably studying greek philosophies, latin language and roman history, etc... makes me wonder how persia, babylon, sumeria, egypt looked like as well...

The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously...

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationLondon

All you need is primitive VR (Oculus Rift) and a more advanced but equally malleable version of Minecraft & the possibilities are endless.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

Just an Asian Guy LOL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Nice video find, though the graphics are't real enough. Should have used a game engine lol.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

Member Since August 23 /2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,494 posts

the reconstruction of the Roman Forum is a not very precise. the colusseum is very close to Circus maximus and the acquadatum next to it is not so magestic.  Also in the colusseum in each door there was a statue. These statues had later be recycle at the end of the Roman empire since the major cities of the Mediterrean became Constantinople and Ravenna.

Death

Death

सच्चिदानन्द

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I might rather visit greece. Romans were grand, but I'd like to experience the culture that basically birthed western civilization.
"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

اطلبوا العلم من المهد إلى اللحد

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I might rather visit greece. Romans were grand, but I'd like to experience the culture that basically birthed western civilization.

A culture that is so different between each city, you might as well give up on the origin. Unless you look towards Macedonia.

Well hello there viewer! I want you to sign something important to people around the world, and that something is the 3rd season of spice and wolf! Think of all the african children running home, opening their TV but find that it is broken and starve because their mother has been a victim of homicidal rape during her work as a prostitute. BUT! There is a teenager in Canada enjoying his Spice and Wolf late at night, chuckling at the funny parts. So, sign this petition!

GenX

GenX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Hey, for all we know, once VR is really up and running, going to the Colusseum to watch gladiator fights might once again become the national pasttime.  At least this time they're not dying for real.

The only thing we ever want is more

Death

Death

सच्चिदानन्द

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

A culture that is so different between each city, you might as well give up on the origin. Unless you look towards Macedonia.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking Athens sans slavery.
"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

اطلبوا العلم من المهد إلى اللحد

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Yeah, I know. I was thinking Athens sans slavery.

Ah, the old Platonic Academy and Lyceum. 

Well hello there viewer! I want you to sign something important to people around the world, and that something is the 3rd season of spice and wolf! Think of all the african children running home, opening their TV but find that it is broken and starve because their mother has been a victim of homicidal rape during her work as a prostitute. BUT! There is a teenager in Canada enjoying his Spice and Wolf late at night, chuckling at the funny parts. So, sign this petition!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users