Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Princess Diana Dies in Paris Car Crash (1997)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,961 posts
  • LocationLondon

17 years ago today...

Can you remember what you were doing when you heard the news?

Smeargle

Smeargle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLuckiest city in the UK
I don't think I actually existed in any form back then.

ARADIA: i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Damn youngins! 

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
I cannot remember, this probably has something to do with not being born yet. I was a group of atoms, wandering around the earth instead.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Being a toddler, man.
Nobody's gonna take my drone, I'm gonna fly miles far too high!
Nobody gonna beat my drone, it's gonna shoot into the sky!

Jakob

Jakob

Fenny-Eyed Slubber-Yuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationIn the Basket of Deplorables

I don't remember, probably for the same reason that ConorT99 doesn't remember.

Click 'show' to see quotes from great luminaries.

Spoiler

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I had not been born when she passed away, but (maybe with the exception of her children) Diana is the only historic member of the royal family who I genuinely have a lot of respect for. She was a very inspirational person and was mistreated disgustingly by the rest of the royal family.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Yeah I was too young.  Does anyone here buy into it being set up?

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

hiraeth

hiraeth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

I had just turned three. But yes ^ I'm not opposed to the idea that it was a setup. 

I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. Sufi Proverb

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.
I was a fetus at the time, approximately 20-21 weeks gestational age. Around the time fetal movement is first felt by the mother, and a few weeks after synapses start to form.
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I was at friends house here in Italy and the father of one of my friends started to curse journalists. 

But to be honest, this is the product of stupidity of royal people. If they would stop even now to appear so special things like that would not happen.

I take my top off, I fuck with girls, I get drunk, I have a lover and so what.?  i am just a human...   

These identities wont longer exist in the future.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

Yeah I was too young.  Does anyone here buy into it being set up?

Absolutely. Wouldn't be surprised if the royals had something to do with it.

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

I was 10. I remember my oldest sister becoming really upset whenever she heard the news. I didn't know anything about Princess Diana or the royal family, I just remember being scared/bewildered by the sudden change in mood.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I was a bunch of nutrients and elements. I was either carbon in the carbon cycle that happened to make it on the platter or reused dead cells.

That's where I was.

joe00uk

joe00uk

Marxist-Leninist Futurist ☭

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • LocationUK

I was a cloud of dark matter roaming the universe, all of time and space and whatnot just making the most of the 694 days until I would be teleported into a woman's uterus and wouldn't be released for a further 290 days.

"The Proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains." - Karl Marx
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentleso temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another."  - Mao Zedong

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda
Mai royal waifu, I swear.
Diana was best pony.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I was still a fetus, one year before my birth lol. She was the only royal person in the UK to be respected, and I do believe her murder was set up. I wonder what happened to her Muslim husband though.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

kre8noys

kre8noys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in time.

I was 6 years old, at school.

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

The only thing I remember about 1997, where I was 9 years old,  was watching Terminator 2 Judgement Day with my brother and Dad, i closed my eyes for half of it xD

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Nadsat Brat

• Moderators
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationAnur Margidda

Yeah, I was a toddler at this point. August 31st, 1997? I was a hair over 2 months away from turning 3. 

Which makes it all the most rage-inducing to me that I'm 21 going on 22, and that a person born on that date is now 19 years old. But yeah, it's been 19 years. I can't imagine what the despair inside Buckingham Palace was like on 1 September, 1997.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users