Re: OpenAI News & Discussions

Post by wjfox »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Paradise_L0st

Post by Paradise_L0st »

GPT-4o is the most impressive AI I've seen in actual real time settings. It really does take from 'Her' in voice tone, style, and really the ability to understand context and emotional cues gave me a sense of actual future shock I haven't felt since the AI revolution started. I love how it (she(?)) joked while mistranslating here:

People may have wanted GPT-5 or whatever, but to show AI in the light of such human style interaction really is like magic. The Open AI demo was everything Google fell short of producing with Gemini.
Sam Altman wrote:Talking to a computer has never felt really natural for me; now it does. As we add (optional) personalization, access to your information, the ability to take actions on your behalf, and more, I can really see an exciting future where we are able to use computers to do much more than ever before.
With all the extra capabilities coming to this model soon, such as agency, the improved reasoning/emotional intelligence, and the fact that it's essentially an everything-to-everything model (hence the omni name) I actually would consider this 4.5 in everything but name. I'm also curious how Sora integrates with this model as well... just imagine an AI this lively creating an AI avatar with Sora and facetiming in real time with you. Is society ready? Probably not, but I certainly am.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Sam Altman wrote:Talking to a computer has never felt really natural for me; now it does. As we add (optional) personalization, access to your information, the ability to take actions on your behalf, and more, I can really see an exciting future where we are able to use computers to do much more than ever before.
Imagine if Sam was on this forum
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

The new GPT-4 is super-quick, especially with code. And it churns out the code for an entire page, not just snippets. This is exactly what I hoped for!
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

Powers
Location: a.k.a Lurking, Member, Lorem Ipsum, ..., --- and ººº.

Post by Powers »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Haha, though in all seriousness I could do the same for right-wing incel 2meirl-vibes insane subs. Point is, this is gonna result in AI absorbing large amounts of insanity. It's not going to gain much knowledge from this. It is, however, going to gain insights into human behavior.