Re: Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Doozer

Post by Doozer »

In my opinion, AGI will be ideal in helping with creating and developing stories. I have made attempts with Chat GPT, but the results have often been frustrating and difficult given technical limitations. At its current level, the chatbot has very limited abilities regarding accuracy and consistency, hardly enough to satisfy my desires. I would like cite a few limitations AGI should overcome when implemented into the next generation of chatbots.

For example, when jumping from subject to subject, current modules can only memorize so much information before mixing things up and hallucinating. Within time, I am optimistic that AGI, should be able to at least reduce such a shortcoming, giving more accurate results. This would also allow discussions to flow more smoothly, without having to remind and correct the chatbot as frequently.

Another limitation currently facing Chat GPT is within its response mechanisms. All it can do now is spit what ideas you give it back at you while blindly praising them. What AGI needs is the ability to critique and expand on your ideas more easily, such as giving suggestions, providing more options or even pointing out flaws or inconsistencies in your ideas.

Lastly, AGI should be built with a better understanding of human emotions and desires. That way, it could know what readers and audiences want and provide suggestions to help make engaging stories and characters.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Anthropic's Chief of Staff: