Israel's conflict with its neighbours

Time_Traveller

Re: Israel's conflict with its neighbours

Post by Time_Traveller »

‘Sustainable calm’ proposal splits Israel and Hamas
37 minutes ago

After months of stalemate, the search for peace in Gaza has reached a critical stage. UN chief Antonio Guterres says it is a "decisive moment for the Palestinian and Israeli people and for the fate of the entire region".

There seems to be common ground between most sides about the principles: a ceasefire should take place alongside the release of Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners. Various draft agreements have been drawn up, setting out a complex process of how it would all work.

There is some disagreement over the detail of what should happen to whom and when and in what order. Israeli officials say, for example, that its female soldiers should be released earlier than envisaged.

They also say the texts should be clearer that the first 33 hostages to be released must be alive and are worried about not having a veto over which Palestinian prisoners would be released.

These are issues that could potentially be surmounted through negotiation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68971818
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

TV report: Israeli officials say not the same proposal they agreed to with Egyptian mediators 10 days ago

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_ ... -days-ago/
erowind

Post by erowind »

Like I said I don't want to argue with people here anymore but I feel I should say something on this rn.

Israel clearly broke the ceasefire they just signed, any rhetoric to the opposite is a lie. America and Israel are both tapped into each others communication networks intimately. There is no miscommunication, breaking the ceasefire and spoiling the truce was the plan.

Israel is committing genocide and Some American senator's recent reference to the "Hague Invasion Act" as a threat to Hague workers in relation to the case is really telling, you know, if anyone wasn't already convinced by the endless stream of videos showing military strikes on civilians every single day.

I've seen IDF shooting crowds of people waving white flags trying to leave a hospital. Videos of IDF bulldozing civilan infrastructure and razing the whole earth. Images of ruin for as far as the eye can see where no building or person is spared. IDF snipers shooting livestock. IDF snipers shooting civilians. IDF airstrikes on aid convoys. IDF soldiers loading hundreds of men and children naked into the backs of trucks. IDF videos of IDF personal bragging about openly torturing POWs and civilian hostages. IDF personal reading out to prisoners that they are now slaves of Israeli families and will be sent to work on their estates. IDF soldiers posing in front of schools they've destroyed.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

KKK, Nazis, Zionists, USA all the same to me. Down with Fascist State of Isn'treal.

In no particular order some clips. Major NSFL warning. I wish had saved more of what I've seen. You can find a lot of it yourself by going to r/palestine sorting by top in the past month/year and spending an hour or two in a state of horror at what you're seeing.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/American_Se ... ection_Act

A CNN investigation concludes the IDF lied about the Flour Massacre

https://old .reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/1c1tvfh/a_cnn_investigation_concludes_the_idf_lied_about/

The Israeli army targeted terrorist sheep that posed a great danger to the Israeli army

https://old .reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/1ak7efn/the_israeli_army_targeted_terrorist_sheep_that/

Palestinian Prisoner being tortured and IDF bragging about it on social media

https://old .reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/1ajrgoz/stripped_shot_at_in_the_leg_with_a_nail_in_his/

Dead POWs and Civilians who were stripped naked before being killed en mass.

https://old .reddit.com/r/Palestine/comments/1aiyk2v/this_appears_to_be_the_fate_of_many_prisoners_who/

IDF stripping naked and brutalizing civilians

https://old .reddit.com/r/Hasan_Piker/comments/18hpzq7/this_is_not_an_isis_video/
Last edited by erowind on Wed May 08, 2024 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

erowind wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:04 am Like I said I don't want to argue with people here anymore but I feel I should say something on this rn.

Israel clearly broke the ceasefire they just signed, any rhetoric to the opposite is a lie. America and Israel are both tapped into each others communication networks intimately. There is no miscommunication, breaking the ceasefire and spoiling the truce was the plan.

Israel is committing genocide and Some American senator's recent reference to the "Hague Invasion Act" as a threat to Hague workers in relation to the case is really telling, you know, if anyone wasn't already convinced by the endless stream of videos showing military strikes on civilians every single day.

I've seen IDF shooting crowds of people waving white flags trying to leave a hospital. Videos of IDF bulldozing civilan infrastructure and razing the whole earth. Images of ruin for as far as the eye can see where no building or person is spared. IDF snipers shooting livestock. IDF snipers shooting civilians. IDF airstrikes on aid convoys. IDF soldiers loading hundreds of men and children naked into the backs of trucks. IDF videos of IDF personal bragging about openly torturing POWs and civilian hostages. IDF personal reading out to prisoners that they are now slaves of Israeli families and will be sent to work on their estates. IDF soldiers posing in front of schools they've destroyed.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

KKK, Nazis, Zionists, USA all the same to me. Down with Fascist State of Isn'treal.

In no particular order some clips. Major NSFL warning. I wish had saved more of what I've seen. You can find a lot of it yourself by going to r/palestine sorting by top in the past month/year and spending an hour or two in a state of horror at what you're seeing.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/American_Se ... ection_Act

[Videos documenting atrocities; truncated for brevity.]
Of course I'm not denying that Israel is committing mass murder and atrocities in Gaza. I wasn't endorsing the official Israeli account of the ceasefire deal; my response to that article was more "confusion" than anything. It's worth noting that neither party has officially signed anything, correct me if I'm wrong. So far all I've heard is verbal agreements? IDK? There isn't even any official word on whether the previous ceasefire was signed or verbal, only that it was a formal agreement. In any case, this current row of alleged miscommunication makes it far less likely that this was "signed."

Regarding the allegations that Hamas was being deceitful, it wouldn't be beyond Hamas to do that kind of thing. I'm still processing this confusing affair, but here's what I think happened:
  • The US invited Israel to the talks, but the latter refused, so it's only possible for them to receive a copy after the talks. What else do you expect? Nothing misleading about that on Hamas or the US's part.
  • However, Hamas did, in my opinion, implicitly mislead the public by implying that their counterproposal was the same agreement that the two parties were working on when both parties were last present at the negotiations. Basically, they accepted their own, new proposal while not telling anyone that it wasn't the same proposal everyone's been hearing about.
  • Israel sent a delegation the next day, and talks are ongoing.
And back to our regularly scheduled programming
Last edited by firestar464 on Wed May 08, 2024 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Please avoid quoting large numbers of pics/videos – I don't think people want to scroll through all that.
A vote for Trump, a third party candidate, or no vote at all, is a vote for a dystopian future.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Fixed
wjfox
Site Admin

Queen Rania interview with Margaret Brennan

Post by wjfox »

erowind

Post by erowind »

wjfox wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 pm Please avoid quoting large numbers of pics/videos – I don't think people want to scroll through all that.
Fixed aswell. I didn't realize the forum would embed old reddit links like that.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »