I want to genetically engineer a snake and other animals and make a worlds zoo!

Talk about scientific and technological developments in the future
weatheriscool

I want to genetically engineer a snake and other animals and make a worlds zoo!

Post by weatheriscool »

I want to genetically engineer a snake and other animals and make a worlds zoo!. Imagine bringing back titan boa, but modifying it to be 100 feet long, 25 tons, etc. Imagine the money people would pay at such a zoo to see such an animal. Now imagine in the next cage a t.rex like dinosaur, but like godzillia in size and scale. I'd like to make it 80 or more feet tall! but yet, you continue walking and come across in another portion of this zoo a real king fucking kong! A ape that's 40 feet tall.

People from all over the world would come to America by the the tens of millions every year! This would replace disney world in some ways. This would be fucking cool. Do you think this will be possible one day?
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: I want to genetically engineer a snake and other animals and make a worlds zoo!

Post by wjfox »

Technologically, this is probably centuries away, if it's even possible at all. The DNA in creatures like dinosaurs has long since decayed, so you'd need some incredibly detailed simulations and exquisitely precise manipulation of synthetic cells, etc. We're talking many orders of magnitude more complex than anything achieved to date.

The ethical hurdles alone would be massive.

We'll probably achieve full-immersion VR before this becomes a reality, or advanced robotics, making it sort of unnecessary.

There'd be risks, too. Didn't we learn about this sort of thing from Jurassic Park?! ;)