Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Community Status Updates

Photo

Erowind

Pleistocene Rewilding is one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while. Imagine herds of elephants in North America.
Jun 08 2019 03:04 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Yea, it's why I'm an advocate of de-extinction. I want to see what life was like before we came and absorbed them into our biomass.
    Jun 08 2019 04:48 AM
Photo

Erowind

Genocide of Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar needs to stop.
Jun 07 2019 06:27 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Amen. There's a ridiculous campaign going on in support of the genocide in media as well trying to frame the Rohingya as deservant, spoiled and scum. Same with the Uyghurs in China-- like terrorist incidents committed by extremists warrants the cultural genocide and forced imprisonment of innocent men women and children.
    Jun 07 2019 11:36 AM
Photo

Erowind

Reading From Atomos to Atom by Andrew G. Van Melsen rn. It's really refreshing to read given how he's recognizing not only the science, but where the science had its roots in its connection to philosophy. Modern education doesn't put enough emphasis on this in my opinion. Leaving people at least in early undergrad classes without foundations.
Jun 06 2019 10:45 PM
Photo

Erowind

Mengde's friends are running short. The scene at the end of episode 2 where they misunderstood the townsfolk hit me.
Jun 05 2019 02:58 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Cao Cao; cunning, brilliant, but stupid.
    Jun 05 2019 03:20 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Honestly, I love the judge's character though. He was so well thought out and representative of a man who acts political and corrupt on the surface, but underneath he'll sacrifice his whole family and self for the sake of the empire. In a way he's not different than Cao Cao who would willingly sacrifice his household and servants for the chance to kill Dong Zhuo, but unlike Cao Cao he does it for honor and loyalty, not prestige.
    Jun 05 2019 02:46 PM
Photo

Erowind

Deutsche Bank can't just raise capital to stave off insolvency forever can it?
Jun 01 2019 10:35 AM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    It can. ECB can always inject liquidity into it since it is a "too big to fail" bank.
    Jun 03 2019 01:03 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Oh right, I know that, I meant from private sources. Bailout are one thing, but the bank has been raising capital from private sources the past fee years too and I keep thinking that the people investing in them must be a bit crazy.
    Jun 03 2019 08:13 PM
Photo

Erowind

Vapourwave and existential dread.
May 30 2019 12:00 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Mood
    May 31 2019 05:05 AM
Photo

Erowind

Major highways should really be walled off from wildlife while simultaneously providing that wildlife safe access routes over or under the highways. Hit a racoon on the interstate today. Not only did I feel horrible, but it can't be good for the ecosystem.
May 27 2019 09:30 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Oh wow! Thanks for posting that Wjfox. It's not going to change the world overnight but you're giving me some hope :)
    May 27 2019 07:48 PM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Yea, in Canada they make wildlife crossing tunnels and bridges. Animals take a bit to get used to them though.
    May 27 2019 09:46 PM
  • Jakob's Photo
    Jakob
    Passenger drones, Boring Company tunnels, and onsite manufacturing by industrial 3D printers will likely reduce the amount of traffic, and thus the number of roads needed.
    May 28 2019 12:13 AM
Photo

Erowind

Question for you all. What other cozy forums do you guys browse? Things as big as FTN or slightly bigger only please. I've always loved the vibe here and would love to add to that vibe.
May 20 2019 10:31 AM
  • Sciencerocks's Photo
    Sciencerocks
    It is the board that people talk about below in outlooks status and in the liberal hate thread. BUT here is a good nut house for you to go on your hunt http://www.usmessageboard.com/
    May 20 2019 10:35 AM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    I just do all my internet discussion here, I read reddit, but don't post.
    May 21 2019 04:56 PM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Only this one and various subreddits. It has done a number on my mental health but I have yet to become a transhumanist incel eco-fascistic eugenicist. I'll give it a few more months.
    May 23 2019 07:13 AM
Photo

Erowind

Qies
May 20 2019 10:29 AM
Photo

Erowind

Is it just me, or does the world feel more tense now than it did during the 2016 U.S election. Brexit, Yellow Vests, Shootings, it just doesn't end. Perhaps I need to take a real mental break from all of this inasmuch as possible. Will still be on the forum of course, just going to avoid politicing for a while.
May 19 2019 10:19 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    tomasth gets cranky sometimes
    May 19 2019 11:50 PM
  • tomasth's Photo
    tomasth
    I was actualy curius if there is a connection.
    After googling a bit about anarco-transhumanists ,I see was is meant.

May 20 2019 04:10 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Ahh gotcha. Srry for being an asshole. Anarcho-transhumanism is cool though. If you want a link to some of what little literature exists I got you :)
    May 20 2019 07:29 AM
Photo

Erowind

No skin cancer!
May 18 2019 08:55 PM
  • wjfox's Photo
    wjfox
    Great to hear! :)
    May 19 2019 05:50 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    :D
    May 19 2019 06:08 AM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    Yay!
    May 21 2019 04:48 PM
Photo

Erowind

I think it's fair to say bitcoin has corrected from being oversold now. ETH still has yet to correct up though, should be at least 300-400$ now.
May 13 2019 07:32 PM
Photo

Erowind

My mom works for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. She just told me today that the internal research bulletin sent out a memo to employees predicting their lifespan. My mother is 53. She said they predicted she will live to be 90 and that modern research in healthspan will keep her without debilitating health conditions until the last 5 years of her life. Vis. She will be healthy and able bodied/minded until at least 85.
May 09 2019 02:39 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    That means she has an average chance of living until 2056 where she was born in 1965 according to mainstream medical research. Now, apply how young most of us here are, even Wjfox, and add to that what unexpected breakthroughs and unorthodox research like the SENS foundation might yield by 2056. I think most here do have a fair shot at making to LEV.
    May 09 2019 02:44 AM
  • wjfox's Photo
    wjfox
    I think I have a better than 50% chance of reaching LEV. I plan to begin regular health checks (blood tests, cholesterol monitoring, etc.) and get my genome sequenced in the next few years. I've made some excellent improvements to my diet, and I get regular exercise now.
    May 09 2019 08:49 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Barring all the tests you're doing all the things I should be doing lol
    May 09 2019 06:24 PM
Photo

Erowind

If your parents have been good to you, cherish them, seriously.
May 04 2019 11:19 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Amen to that
    May 04 2019 05:36 PM
Photo

Erowind

Happy May Day Everyone!
May 01 2019 02:47 PM
  • wjfox's Photo
    wjfox
    https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/May_Day