Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Community Status Updates

Photo

Erowind

With advanced bioengineering I'd like to see humans who photosynthesize. Trees only collect a few 100 calories a day from the sun, so we'd have to improve on nature's design to power a human. But the idea of spending a good part of the day dreaming in the sun while my body powers up is very appealing. Perhaps we could merge photosynthesis with sleep?
Sep 02 2019 08:28 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    One of many possible direction for people to pursue Alislaws. Racism as we know it today should slowly dissolve as we diverge more. It's harder to have a concept of artificial superiority when you're no longer the most intelligent being around and or there are massively neurodivergent people in society.
    Sep 03 2019 02:09 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    I'm excited for plant people as much as I am for cyborgs.
    Sep 03 2019 02:10 AM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    I quite like the idea of racists running around trying to get people to sign up to genetic testing so they can try and figure out who to hate.
    Sep 03 2019 11:39 AM
Photo

Erowind

I'm a year late to this, but I might have to get back into warframe. Awesome trailer. https://youtu.be/mPTCq3LiZSE
Aug 31 2019 09:01 AM
Photo

Erowind

He is a pop philosopher, but sometimes he does say something good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1diW8gsdylw
Aug 24 2019 05:25 AM
Photo

Erowind

Cao Cao is the only one deservant of the throne. Liu Bei is greater the disappointment the closer he gets to Kongming
Aug 22 2019 08:12 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Addendum: Southlanders are chill too
    Aug 22 2019 09:09 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    *sensible Cao Cao chuckle*
    Aug 22 2019 02:34 PM
  • eacao's Photo
    eacao
    I appreciate your faith in me but I'm not sure I've earned it
    Aug 22 2019 05:31 PM
Photo

Erowind

Private cars and large private homes are incompatible with environmentalism. The American way of life is incompatible with the climate crisis.
Aug 21 2019 07:09 PM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Amen, but I'm pessimistic in how society would change consumerist behavior. It's all going to hit a head someday, and our generation will probably be the world leaders when it does. Or maybe our artificial overlords.
    Aug 21 2019 09:46 PM
  • Jakob's Photo
    Jakob
    LOL idc
    Aug 22 2019 01:10 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    /\ Then why'd you post love?
    Aug 22 2019 04:02 AM
Photo

Erowind

The more I think about it the more I realize how much nearly every country is just a U.S puppet state due to how much the U.S controls the flow of capital. The territory called the U.S is just the capital province with most other parts of the world being exploited colony or favored province.
Aug 21 2019 08:51 AM
  • funkervogt's Photo
    funkervogt
    The U.S. dropped the ball by not taking over Canada and more of Mexico when it had the chance. We would be even stronger today.
    Aug 21 2019 03:36 PM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Boo, Canada will take over the US come 2100.
    Aug 21 2019 04:31 PM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    It's now trying to take Greenland for itself.
    Aug 21 2019 04:38 PM
Photo

Erowind

The metamodern age is dawning!
Aug 17 2019 07:42 PM
  • starspawn0's Photo
    starspawn0
    That is why I said it was Postmodernism 2.0. I should have said what I meant by that. What I meant was that it is an improved version of the philosophy (restricted to epistemology and maybe some metaphysics), that philosophers of science take seriously; not that it's the next generation of attacks from the Postmodernists.
    Aug 18 2019 11:29 AM
  • tomasth's Photo
    tomasth
    That link Article end with "I think even Galileo would have agreed with that." , so even without criticisms from humanists (Postmodernists) , correctional criticism would arrive.

philosophers of science advancement is part of the rest of sciense advancement
    and the restrictions are detours.

If human are augmented heavily with BCI or even more if AI can share the load thinking ; that will increase the unesse about what we know about what is real (so its rele...
    Aug 18 2019 12:08 PM
  • tomasth's Photo
    tomasth
    so its relevent to futurism).
    Aug 18 2019 12:08 PM
Photo

Erowind

Does anyone have any updates on the samurai wasp population in the US? As of last year I know they were spotted in 10 states and reproduce at ~24x the speed of the brown marmorated stinkbug. The stinkbug swarms have been bad for over a decade and these little wasps are my heroes because they kill ~80% of the stinkbug eggs they infect.
Aug 12 2019 07:24 AM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    If I pretend wasp stands for white anglo saxon protestant then your post is totally unhinged.
    Aug 12 2019 02:38 PM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    Unless stink bug is some kind of dog whistle term? In which case its still unhinged, but just in a different way.
    Aug 12 2019 02:40 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Haha *actually loling*
    Aug 12 2019 07:12 PM
Photo

Erowind

Can't powerful men just let Tripoli catch it's breath
Aug 11 2019 07:01 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Seems like they listened to you :P, they had an eid truce that's supposed to go on for 3 days.
    Aug 11 2019 03:48 PM
  • PhoenixRu's Photo
    PhoenixRu
    In April, I thought Haftar will quickly win the game and unite the country. Otherwise what was the point to even start this offensive? But something went wrong...
    Aug 11 2019 05:27 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    @Caltrek, just thinking about all the displaced people who just want to live their lives but can't because men of ambition were selfishly destroying life in the city prior to that cease fire.
    Aug 11 2019 08:16 PM
Photo

Erowind

There's a very sick irony that I'm now writing a recommendation letter for someone younger than me but can't afford college myself. The person I'm writing for is a high schooler who's been hosting a community open mic at the bookstore for a year now.
Aug 08 2019 08:28 PM
  • Zaphod's Photo
    Zaphod
    You won't really need to learn a language to go to many European universities, a lot of them are English speaking. Learning the local language might help, but you could pick it up once you're there.
    Aug 09 2019 07:13 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    That's true but it's still highly recommended because at most European unis I've noticed that even if the classes I have to take for my major I'm accepted for are in English, not all of the unrelated electives I could decide to take are. You're right though, I should just bite the bullet and go for it.
    Aug 09 2019 09:55 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    I'll have to brush up on some classes at community first though. I was only like 22 credits away from my math and science associates before I got discouraged by not wanting debt.
    Aug 09 2019 09:55 AM
Photo

Erowind

It's hot out, like really hot out. Like really really hot out!
Jul 19 2019 12:11 PM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    One of the asphalt roads near where I live is bubbling. O_o
    Jul 20 2019 03:13 AM
  • tomasth's Photo
    tomasth
    Here is a site to calculator heat index.
    https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/heatindex.shtml

So 102f heat index can be just 90 f with 64 humindity.

Jul 20 2019 04:19 PM
  • Alislaws's Photo
    Alislaws
    This is fine, This is all fine.
    Jul 22 2019 12:47 PM
Photo

Erowind

Cao Cao ~ I would rather betray the world than the world betray me. Liu Bei ~ My people can abandon me, but I'll never abandon my people This might be the best historical rivalry I've ever seen.
Jul 15 2019 08:23 AM
  • eacao's Photo
    eacao
    It helps if you have a pentagram
    Jul 15 2019 03:50 PM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Cao Cao mah boy. Liu Bei's using his fake virtuous character for clout.
    Jul 16 2019 01:16 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Why is it fake? On like episode 30something and he's been consistent so far. I really hope he doesn't turn out like the other lords, that would be disappointing.
    Jul 16 2019 08:05 AM
Photo

Erowind

I found an infant Eastern Cottontail orphaned in the middle of a paved city bikeway today. The purpose of my life for now is to nurse this little gal until I can get her to the wildlife rehab center.
Jul 08 2019 09:02 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Aw, that's so sad! You did a good thing though. Like eacao said, her final moments were of someone loving and caring for her, which is the least every living thing can ask for.
    Jul 08 2019 06:15 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    I know she enjoyed the interaction last night. She was nuzzling in my hands and making little bunny noises and falling asleep in my lap. Thanks guys, still sad but it means the world. I'm feeling mostly better now, was so sad I just went to bed.
    Jul 08 2019 08:26 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Found out what killed her. Finally felt ok enough to clean her carrier and there were ticks all over it. Fucking pestilence. Alongside mosquitoes I hope we one day genetically annihilate them.
    Jul 08 2019 09:31 PM
Photo

Erowind

For the first time in the whole series Cao Cao was the first lord to deliver on the "elite" troops.
Jul 07 2019 09:03 AM
  • Outlook's Photo
    Outlook
    Cao Cao's my boy.

Jul 07 2019 07:11 PM
Photo

Erowind

My greatest desire is to live free of Babylon
Jul 05 2019 10:11 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    /\ Do you desire the death of your own society? Behavior like this does nothing but sow discord.
    Jul 07 2019 09:02 AM
  • eacao's Photo
    eacao
    Lighten up brother, it’ll make people both like and respect you more, and your life will be better ✌️
    Jul 07 2019 11:48 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Impossible, the internet is serious business after all. There's a time a place, I disagree that this is the time or place. I made a serious post, jesting in a mocking way genuinely isn't welcome on this post. If I had posted a meme, fair, but it's not.
    Jul 07 2019 05:24 PM