Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Community Status Updates

Photo

Erowind

I just read a few chapters of Stateless Democracy and at the moment I am convinced that a bright future is in store for Syria if the revolution spreads. With this in mind I think Jineology should opt to drop its nationalist tenancies and incorporate pacifism after the war. Most of all though I see an ideology that's primary purpose is the wellbeing of everyone not a select authoritarian few or theocratic overlords.
Dec 02 2016 05:17 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Not saying I agree with their ideology. I'm just recognizing that their heart is in the right place and things are moving forward in more positive way.
    Dec 02 2016 05:29 AM
Photo

Erowind

I'm really happy to see that Futuretimeline.net is not a circlejirk of people agreeing with one another. It really is insane how many different views we have on this forum, and I think that is part of what makes your site so addicting Will.
Dec 01 2016 10:26 PM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    A den of devil's advocates.
    Dec 01 2016 11:30 PM
  • TranscendingGod's Photo
    TranscendingGod
    It is largely one sided though.
    Dec 01 2016 11:40 PM
  • Recyvuym's Photo
    Recyvuym
    Totally Erowind. I have often had the thought this site seems to have at least one person per major contemporary perspective or subculture regarding futurism. Almost like it's an experiment of some kind...
    Dec 02 2016 01:12 AM
Photo

Erowind

Sleep scheduals are such a pain, I really wish I could sleep for 2.5 days week and stay awake the other 4.5.
Nov 24 2016 06:45 AM
Photo

Erowind

Just discovered math rock and let me tell you... AMAZING!
Nov 22 2016 07:15 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_rock

In a nutshell Math Rock uses unconventional and complex rhythms. I'm not educated in music but from what I gather people call it math rock because the rhythmic structures are perceived by people as mathematical in some way.

Just listening to it for a while I'm starting to notice some irregular patterns in certain instruments and kinda see where the genre gets its name.
    Nov 22 2016 10:03 PM
  • Infinite's Photo
    Infinite
    Interesting !
    Nov 22 2016 10:37 PM
  • Yuli Ban's Photo
    Yuli Ban
    Just skip most of it and go to Psyopus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gexJwNg6zI
    Nov 23 2016 05:30 AM
Photo

Erowind

Hey Will, do you have to add new catagories to the like system for Yuli when his like count reaches a milestone? I noticed that I had 82 likes and started compairing users like counts. When I saw Yuli's, well you know. (O_O)
Nov 15 2016 11:48 PM
  • Infinite's Photo
    Infinite
    Quality > Quantity

<3
    Nov 16 2016 09:11 AM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    Not sure if Will is even interested in those kinds of metrics.
    Nov 16 2016 01:34 PM
  • Jakob's Photo
    Jakob
    "Quantity has a quality all of its own" -- falsely attributed to Stalin.
    Nov 16 2016 04:22 PM
Photo
Photo

Erowind

I hate to keep going on about the election, but does anyone know if riots have ever broken out in US history over an election before? https://www.reuters.tv/v/kHZ/2016/11/10/rioting-and-arrests-as-anti-trump-rallies-pack-u-s-streets
Nov 10 2016 11:33 PM
  • kjaggard's Photo
    kjaggard
    I believe there were riots in 1968, and 1896.
    Nov 11 2016 12:21 AM
Photo

Erowind

Just bloody realized that Clinton has the popular vote, but the electoral college fucked everything again. Look, https://www.google.com/#q=election&eob=enn/o//////////////
Nov 09 2016 11:11 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Btw, my frustration has nothing to do with who won, both candidates were bad options. Its just that if your going to have a democracy you should at least follow your own rules.
    Nov 09 2016 11:19 PM
  • Jakob's Photo
    Jakob
    And we did? The Electoral College has been around since the 1700s.
    Nov 09 2016 11:51 PM
  • Recyvuym's Photo
    Recyvuym
    Yeah there's a lot wrong with the voting system, the election demonstrated that perfectly to everyone. A much bigger and broader problem than the electoral college is the two-party duopoly.
    Nov 10 2016 05:28 AM
Photo

Erowind

Now we wait for our great president to go back on 90% of his campaign promises.
Nov 09 2016 12:45 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    I am also really curious to see how the student debt problem and automation problem get sorted out.
    Nov 09 2016 01:04 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Another thought, if they just get worse and worse over the next 4-8 years, then perhaps we will get a real solution in the 2020's
    Nov 09 2016 01:05 PM
Photo

Erowind

I realized today, that I've been projecting hatred of myself onto other people for years. Never anything too horrible just snide quips here and there. Regardless it builds up over the years and leaves a mark. I'm going to apologize in a few months to a certian person once I snuff the behavior out. Action speaks louder than words.
Nov 07 2016 04:10 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Note: I do not post personal thoughts for attention. Rather, the internet is a great echochamber depending on the site your on. If I wanted attention I'd hop over to Tumblr and sexually identify myself as a watermelon. :D
    Nov 07 2016 04:13 AM
Photo

Erowind

Hey Yuli, what is your avatar? Making this a status update because i'm sure others are curious too.)
Nov 03 2016 10:33 PM
  • Yuli Ban's Photo
    Yuli Ban
    A picture I commissioned of Enekai Rahal, the girl I keep mentioning as part of Astral Falls.
    Nov 04 2016 12:04 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Oh cool, now I have a face to put on her when I read your posts. Until now she has just been an ambigous woman figure when I visualizae as I read. My lack of imagination is not due to your writing Yuli, Frodo was a short stick figure until the end of the two towers.
    Nov 04 2016 03:58 AM
Photo

Erowind

We have finally moved past the kiddie stuff, hello matrix algebra.
Oct 27 2016 12:49 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    At the moment I am interested in math for the sake of Math. Pure mathematics is one of the most creative and engaging activities I've found. Not to mention that pure math is usually discovered decades to a century before it becomes useful, which makes me feel like I am studying an arcane and mystic art. For example, George Boole discovered boolean algebra in the mid 1800's and without it digital electronics would be impossible.
    Oct 27 2016 08:50 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    At the moment I am considering pursuing Astrophysics after this and applying my skills there. However, I am interested in nanotechnology, machine learning, Neuroscience and Psychology if I could use it to help reform the education system. I hate testing culture not because I fail, rather because I find my self memorizing information rather than learning it.
    Oct 27 2016 08:54 PM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    About the education system, I can't argue with that.
    Oct 27 2016 09:29 PM
Photo

Erowind

That topic spam though...
Oct 25 2016 07:11 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    To give Sabrina credit, she stopped after I asked nicely. She only posts once and a while now. Plus her posts actually have responses!
    Oct 25 2016 11:27 PM
  • Recyvuym's Photo
    Recyvuym
    True. Though you did have to ask nicely about twenty times.
    Oct 25 2016 11:50 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Yah -_-
    Oct 26 2016 12:03 PM
Photo

Erowind

If you thought Runner's high was interesting, wait until you get runners exuastion! I just ran 8k and have not moved for nearly 30 minutes. Aaaarghghghghg
Oct 16 2016 05:45 PM
  • Raklian's Photo
    Raklian
    Not trying to downplay you, but compared to running, squats is beyond exhausting... it's a world of pain of its own.
    Oct 16 2016 09:43 PM
  • Jakob's Photo
    Jakob
    I went for a 4-mile trail run in the dark on Friday. That was nice. But then I got sick :-( :-( :-(
    Oct 16 2016 10:06 PM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    Glad you went for a run. sorry that you got sick. I hope you were not sick long Jakob. :)
    Oct 17 2016 03:21 AM
Photo

Erowind

Sending this message from my new used futuristic looking laptop.
Oct 13 2016 04:14 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    https://d2rormqr1qwzpz.cloudfront.net/uploads/0/5/2087-dell_adamo_xps.jpg
    Oct 13 2016 04:14 AM
  • Erowind's Photo
    Erowind
    The Adamo XPS may be from 2009, but man oh man do I like the look of this thing.
    Oct 13 2016 04:15 AM