Jump to content

Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Community Status Updates


Photo

10 year march

I've started building up a emergency supply of food ideally I want 120 meals worth 3 meals a day for 4 people for 30days
Feb 15 2020 12:11 AM
  • funkervogt's Photo
    funkervogt
    I did those calculations to give you a low estimate of how much money you would need to make your desired food hoard. Rice is probably the cheapest, palatable, non-perishable food. Theoretically, you could only eat rice to survive, but in reality, the monotony would drive you insane and people would flee your shelter to look for something else. No more than 33% of your calories should come from rice. The other 67% should be more expensive foods, like beans and SPAM. You might need to spend up...
    Feb 15 2020 03:53 PM
  • funkervogt's Photo
    funkervogt
    ...to $1,000 to make your food hoard.
    Feb 15 2020 03:53 PM
  • funkervogt's Photo
    funkervogt
    The good thing is, if the apocalypse doesn't happen, you can slowly eat the food in your hoard, so you won't have wasted any money!
    Feb 15 2020 03:58 PM