Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reshaping the forum?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
http://www.futuretim...page__pid__7760 This made me think, especially after Caiman's post, that maybe it's time to rearrange forum a bit. Activity is constantly increasing so it seems logical. So subforum for technology, media, space exploration, medicine and genetics, economy, environment seem like a good idea to me. Any other ideas?
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
Its not big enough for that yet. Too split up.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
well it seems like, all the topics go back to certain points that we all fight about because people on here have a very technologically specific view about what the future will be like. That's part of the problem I think and if someone disagrees they can't be heard.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

http://www.futuretim...page__pid__7760

This made me think, especially after Caiman's post, that maybe it's time to rearrange forum a bit. Activity is constantly increasing so it seems logical.

So subforum for technology, media, space exploration, medicine and genetics, economy, environment seem like a good idea to me. Any other ideas?

I second this notion.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
I am definitely interested to hear thoughts and feedback on the current forum structure and layout. Indeed, I do believe that the ‘In The News’ section could probably do with an overhaul, perhaps even being eliminated altogether and just consolidating relevant news into a number of stickies in the other sections? As for subforums, at the minute I am inclined to agree with Explorer in that activity just doesn’t justify expanding the number of forums we have right now. I feel it would just isolate topics away from each other even further. If we get to a point where it becomes too difficult to navigate and keep up with new threads (like is happening in the news section) then sure we should think about new divisions. I just don’t think we’re there yet in terms of giving specific topics their own sections.

~Jon

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
I am against this movement. Creating a 'cliamte change/environmental' section will be bad. We would also need a 'religion' and 'economy' section. By the looks of some of the already pinned threads things have gone bad..... Currently the traffic is manageble. I really do hope FT doesn't end up like Y! Politics.... Full of trolls, extremists, and hate.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Well from what I see environmental and economical discussions (full of hate and trolling) dominate this forum, often pushing science and technological discussions down. That's why i come up with this idea in first place. I see no damage in making more sections/subforums. I think it would make it more user-friendly.
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI
Seems to me that there is something to this... the more options there are (up to a point, of course), the less likely we are to turn off potential new members who might only contribute in some narrow field, but who don't wish to have to pick through everything else to find it every time they log on. There is the ability to search through tags, but not every thread is tagged... I'm not sure how I feel about this... I think there is some room for a limited topical expansion, but where would we draw the line? A climate change debate subforum makes sense, and so would a medical subforum or space subforum, but what about a subforum for advances in fuel efficiency or power generation or GM animals and plants? Where is the line dividing a topic that is important or relevant enough to warrant its own subforum and what isn't?
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users