Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Request for an Additional Gender Option

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

but are there trans-animals and gender-queer ones?

Honestly, I don't know, and (at least as of right now) I am unsure if there is any way to determine this; after all, one currently has no effective way of communicating with non-human animals to that extent.

Also, here is an interesting question--how exactly do the brains of gay men and straight male-to-female transgender people, as well as the brains of lesbian women and straight female-to-male transgender people, differ from each other? Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Also, as a side note, in regards to the term "autogynophilia," I think that some/many people might have misunderstood the meaning of this term.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Male and female are the biological genders. That is the only options one should have.  Anything else is made up and confusing.

Do you know the difference between gender and sex

In addition, biological sex itself isn't always completely clear-cut. After all, there are intersex people.

By the way, some people consider transgenderism to be simply a case of intersexuality when it occurs only in the brain.

Yes, I am already aware of this, and Yes, I might agree with this interpretation.

Of course, it is worth noting that there might be two kinds of people who transition (this is based on what other people wrote): people who are transgender in the conventional sense (as in, their brains and bodies don't match) and autogynophiles/cross-dreamers (people who are sexually, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to the idea of them as the opposite gender). Most people who transition probably fall into the first category, though. Anyway, you also appear to fall into the first category, whereas I appear to fall into the second category. As far as I know, both of these groups have brains which are different from regular/"normal" cis-people, albeit in different ways.

Thoughts on this?

I'm not sure. It's a complex topic and I'm not even sure whether I can agree with the notion that autogynophilia isn't just a form of transgenderism or not.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Male and female are the biological genders. That is the only options one should have.  Anything else is made up and confusing.

Do you know the difference between gender and sex

In addition, biological sex itself isn't always completely clear-cut. After all, there are intersex people.

By the way, some people consider transgenderism to be simply a case of intersexuality when it occurs only in the brain.

Yes, I am already aware of this, and Yes, I might agree with this interpretation.

Of course, it is worth noting that there might be two kinds of people who transition (this is based on what other people wrote): people who are transgender in the conventional sense (as in, their brains and bodies don't match) and autogynophiles/cross-dreamers (people who are sexually, romantically, and/or emotionally attracted to the idea of them as the opposite gender). Most people who transition probably fall into the first category, though. Anyway, you also appear to fall into the first category, whereas I appear to fall into the second category. As far as I know, both of these groups have brains which are different from regular/"normal" cis-people, albeit in different ways.

Thoughts on this?

I'm not sure. It's a complex topic and I'm not even sure whether I can agree with the notion that autogynophilia isn't just a form of transgenderism or not.

Based on what I read, the brains of autogynophiles/cross-dreamers are different from those of regular/ordinary cis-people, but they are not different in the sense of their brains being more similar to that of the other gender/biological sex. Rather, autogynophiles/cross-dreamers appear to be able to apply the s*xual, romantic, and/or emotional feelings 9that they feel towards other people) towards themselves as well.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

I suggest you make a request at www.invisionpower.com as they are responsible for the default options in this forum software. 

~Jon

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

I suggest you make a request at www.invisionpower.com as they are responsible for the default options in this forum software. 

And how exactly do I do that?

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

http://www.invisionpower.com/contact

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

http://www.invisionpower.com/contact

Thanks, Lunix! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users