Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Images of the future incorporated into the timeline?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

Just a thought I had while attempting to find accurate and believable images of the future.

There could be images (either taken from the internet, or custom created) of the future put in the sidebar of the timeline for each decade or century depicting what the individual predictions are conveying.

For example, for the 2020s section, there could be images of people in spacecraft investigating asteroids, images of the future London Underground Tube train, images of human-like AI on computers of the future.

And on the pages for each century, have an image of what cities might look like. I've searched everywhere for these types of images, like images from what a 2100 city might look like. For example:

2000s - Todays buildings, with a few more glass buildings and vertical farms, and a few flying cars travelling above normal roads with solar panels on top of street lights, with a spacecraft in the distance blasting off to the Moon in the recently revived lunar program.

2100s - A lot more futuristic-looking buildings, with more greenery and artificial trees, with holographic displays in city centres, etc like this example -http://sharewhale.co...6-04-151055.png

You get the idea. You don't have to implement this, obviously it's going to take a long time to find the right images, or create the images that depict the future somewhat accurately. Just something to think about.

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Erm. Um. There are loads of images.

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

I know there are loads of images, but they are in the posts themselves, I am talking about the summary pages like http://www.futuretim...y/2020-2029.htm in the blank spaces either side of the text in the middle - gives an incentive for readers to read the posts.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

There are plenty of those on the homepage.

JCO

JCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

It might be interesting to see thumbnails that link to articles within a time period. I do however suspect that this may entail a good deal of work. I definitely think it is very impressive just the way it is.

Confirmed Agnostic - I know that I don't know for sure and I am almost certain no one else does either.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,574 posts
  • LocationLondon

Interesting idea I like it. However, I'm trying to reduce load times for pages, which is currently a major issue for the site and is causing us to lose ad revenue (especially from mobile users). Images take up lots of bandwidth. Maybe there's a way of doing it without significantly increasing the page sizes, e.g. I'm looking into Adaptive Images.

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

Maybe you could have ads on the summary pages as well? And have a few low resolution images intertwined between the ads? I like the Adaptive imaging, it's quite a modern feature that most sites are using now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users