Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deleting Posts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationUK

I think it would be great if you could delete posts if you wanted to on this forum but unfortunately, there isn't an option for it :/ wjfox, could we please get one?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,159 posts

I suppose I'd support this, although it could be abused by people making comments, waiting for replies, then deleting their comments to make the repliers look like idiots. Still, what's the harm in trying.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
What Jakob said is partially the reason why we don't have the feature; also why we can't edit posts past a certain time.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I am for devolution of powers. I think someone should not only be able to delete posts and threads but we should also be able to alter someone else status and edit what they say.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,159 posts

I am against devolution of powers. I think someone should not only be unable to delete posts and threads but we should also be unable to alter someone our own statuses or edit what we say.

Indeed.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I am against devolution of powers. I think someone should not only be unable to delete posts and threads but we should also be unable to alter someone our own statuses or edit what we say.

Indeed.

But I really can't go living with Frizz's spam comments on my status if I can't delete them.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

I suppose I'd support this, although it could be abused by people making comments, waiting for replies, then deleting their comments to make the repliers look like idiots.

What Jakob said is partially the reason why we don't have the feature; also why we can't edit posts past a certain time.

This^^

~Jon

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,159 posts

Indeed.

But I really can't go living with Frizz's spam comments on my status if I can't delete them.

I hear ya. It's apparently possible to block people from commenting on your status updates. Not sure how though.

edit:typo fixed

Edited by Jakob, 24 November 2014 - 12:24 AM.

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Indeed.

calling out your lameness isn't spamming, it's a public service and it was only twice so I have no idea why you're being so melodramatic "i can't go on living with it" nonsense. and it was about two months ago anyway!

also change your location, it's offensive.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Indeed.

I hear ya. It's apparently possible to block people from commenting on your status updates. Not sure how though.

Jakob, you don't even exist to me.

and fyi

- [edit my profile]

- [ignore preferences]

it's not rocket science.
- Alexander McQueen

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Indeed.

and fyi

- [edit my profile]

- [ignore preferences]

it's not rocket science.

It's against my philosophy to disallow someone's opinion so it's easier to delete troll comments. And how am I lame?

For I am Cosmic Cat! I'm never lame nor boring. You are if you ask me you're the boring and lame one, at least I do not stick with unoriginal heart and "love yourself <3" statuses.

Look on my works ye mighty and despair!

dc96fb2d74c06a915b3c5e558baaf0bc.jpg

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Indeed.

and fyi
- [edit my profile]
- [ignore preferences]
it's not rocket science.

It's against my philosophy to disallow someone's opinion so it's easier to delete troll comments. And how am I lame?

For I am Cosmic Cat! I'm never lame nor boring. You are if you ask me you're the boring and lame one, at least I do not stick with unoriginal heart and "love yourself <3" statuses.

Look on my works ye mighty and despair!

dc96fb2d74c06a915b3c5e558baaf0bc.jpg

at least you love yourself and that's all that really matters <3

- Alexander McQueen

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,159 posts

Indeed.

calling out your lameness isn't spamming, it's a public service and it was only twice so I have no idea why you're being so melodramatic "i can't go on living with it" nonsense. and it was about two months ago anyway!

also change your location, it's offensive.

Um, no. Someone is trolling here and it's not Cosmic Cat (and it's not me). To borrow your terminology, heart symbols are very spambot-like.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I propose a system like yahoo answers 

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

I propose a system like yahoo answers

Thats's a fantastic idea!

You're so clever to come up with such an innovative and original solution.

<3
- Alexander McQueen

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Worst case scenario: everyone would delete their posts that have no likes on them in order to maximise their like/post ratio.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationUK

Worst case scenario: everyone would delete their posts that have no likes on them in order to maximise their like/post ratio.

Hardly anyone would do that though. Perhaps I'm being naive and you don't even know how much I'm dying on the inside because of not being able to get an 'i' with an umlaut for the word 'naive'. Grrr. In case any of you didn't know, I'm quite the Grammar Nazi. Edit: naïve, yay, I did it! :D

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Hardly anyone would do that though. Perhaps I'm being naive and you don't even know how much I'm dying on the inside because of not being able to get an 'i' with an umlaut for the word 'naive'. Grrr. In case any of you didn't know, I'm quite the Grammar Nazi.

You could always just, you know, Google the word.

P.S. The above comment about deleting non-liked posts was a joke.

P.P.S. There's a non-zero probability I'd sometimes feel tempted to do that, though. Everyone loves worthless internet points.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationUK

Hardly anyone would do that though. Perhaps I'm being naive and you don't even know how much I'm dying on the inside because of not being able to get an 'i' with an umlaut for the word 'naive'. Grrr. In case any of you didn't know, I'm quite the Grammar Nazi.

You could always just, you know, Google the word.

P.S. The above comment about deleting non-liked posts was a joke.

P.P.S. There's a non-zero probability I'd sometimes feel tempted to do that, though. Everyone loves worthless internet points.

Of course... why am I such an idiot?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Google will soon implement a similar system with emails. it would be a bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users