Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deleting Posts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • LocationUK

I wonder if you can get a keyboard extension with all the little symbols you have on some letters in European languages.

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • 1,813 posts

i think there is no need to have the option for the delete buttons for reason that some people might abuse it. editing your comments with with "*deleted: (reasons)" is enough

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

It would make the forum more tidy. I also can't add new quotes to posts that I edit.

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
I don't think it'd really be necessary for posts to be deleted.
And also, what if you delete a comment for whatever reason, but it has been quoted?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I have a new idea, can thread creators control their own thread? I like the idea of thread creators controlling their own threads. That way moderators have some of their work cut out for them, and the thread creators can keep their threads free of un-needed spam, and off-topic posts. If thread creators are unfair, and are acting like douchebags, than we can report them to the moderators who'll have visible access to all the deleted posts for proof.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

I have a new idea, can thread creators control their own thread? I like the idea of thread creators controlling their own threads. That way moderators have some of their work cut out for them, and the thread creators can keep their threads free of un-needed spam, and off-topic posts. If thread creators are unfair, and are acting like douchebags, than we can report them to the moderators who'll have visible access to all the deleted posts for proof.

There's a rather high probability that your idea isn't wholly possible with the current forum engine.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Moderator rights to everyone? No, i don't think this is a good idea. As result, you will get exactly the bunch of "unfair douchebags" deleting all the "un-needed spam and off-topic" they don't like to see in "their own" threads... and then the endless squabbles and complains to real moderators: "i was executed for nothing! I want for you to restore this and this and this and punish him and him and him!"

Let things stay as it is.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Moderator rights to everyone? No, i don't think this is a good idea. As result, you will get exactly the bunch of "unfair douchebags" deleting all the "un-needed spam and off-topic" they don't like to see in "their own" threads... and then the endless squabbles and complains to real moderators: "i was executed for nothing! I want for you to restore this and this and this and punish him and him and him!"

I don't think most of us here are douchebags who'd delete every post we don't like. Even if some of us are, it's their right to control their own threads. While there may be negatives, I'm sure people like MarcZ would appreciate the ability to delete off-topic replies instead of their threads being locked. I know I'd like the ability to control my threads. Like "Sci-fi Art," I want to make sure that nobody posts bad spam art.

For added security, I was thinking of a post # requirement for it.  Or a "certified thread owner" appointed by the moderator but like Armchair said, this whole idea probably isn't practical.

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

I don't think most of us here are douchebags who'd delete every post we don't like....

Maybe. But my experience tells me that people, in general, worse than they tend to see themselves. Being given the moderator rights, they WILL abuse it. Here, on this very forum i faced with moods like "OMG, how dare to write this in MY thread... freedom of speech doesn't mean your freedom to write such a trash!". Guess what will happen if you give those guys the moderator rights?

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

This is actually a valid point.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users