Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kafeel and Riseoftechnology

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Hey guys, I don't want to seem like a bully here but it seems to me all he is doing is trying to promote his own page whilst adding nothing much to this forum than his own opinion, I come here for news and see the same thing everytime; a link to his own blog where he just offers his opinion with no links to a source and I find it very annoying.

If he's going to post a link to some news it should be a direct source not a bounce off his blog.

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
Yep, he held back to start but now its just

hey check out this on my site again
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

ban him immediately.

“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

He still contributes. Whilst he does promote his website a great deal, he's a futurist and I think we shouldn't ban futurists who also have an interest in discussing things on this forum.

The only kind of self-advertisers I will ban was that Bull-fucker who promoted his book 2 times on the introductory page.

He first makes this topic, and I was confused but as long as he contributes I'm fine wid id: http://www.futuretim...8619-antiquity/

Then he makes this next topic 13 days after whilst he has done nothing else on the forum; than starts the "poor wittle me" act to promote his book: http://www.futuretim...ty/#entry111045

It's true that I haven't posted a lot of the site.  Please, give me a break on that.  All of this has come from my introduction, where I felt one started posting.  I may not post a lot...we'll see.  I'm 59 years old, working two jobs or 60 hours a week, working on a project, maybe, and avoiding debt collectors.  "Cry me a river."

Cry me a river motherfucker. A big river.

*Ahem*, anyways, Kafeel has done lots for this forum, and I'm strongly against banning him. I do know excessive advertising is taboo, especially when you post link to your own blog posts as news, but let us be reminded what he has done!

He's been doing nothing but advertising for the past 4 days but his status post held up quite well! Anyways, he seems more human to me than most advertisers, I think we should just let him know that excessive linking to your blog isn't the cultural norm in our forum and since this is the internet, we can do just that.

Kafeel if you're reading this, tone down on your blog links and try to discuss something in another part of the forum other than the On Topic News section. I suggest one of jamesgara's topics for people who can't google. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Just make sure you don't post blog links consecutively and try to keep self-advertising within your signature box unless you want to show us something cool that you're doing with your blog if you think we'll enjoy it. I enjoy anything entrepreneurs and intellectuals have to say and I'll be sure to check out your blog a lot.

Your writing isn't faulty and it's a lot more about computational technology than Will's blog about advances in treating advanced bladder cancer but I can only go so far as to self-advertisers. Self advertisers in my eyes are beggars, and I hate beggars to death. I mean, it's okay to advertise but to advertise as a solicitor isn't my favorite form.

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I'm not saying ban the guy, just get with the program.

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space

lets talk to him first and let him know its not okay to advertise

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
haha he didn't see the thread, hes logged in posted again and gone.
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

haha he didn't see the thread, hes logged in posted again and gone.

I'll show him.

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWrocław
Well, at least he's not spamming it on entire forums. He only has like 60+ posts. But yeah, they look like ads.

But I think few PMs to him and he will hopefully stop.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,697 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

He PM'd me about a particular deal. I won't say what it was, but I will say this: I think he's definitely genuine, but definitely misguided. Spamming forums to promote his own blog isn't the way to go about this.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,179 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Honestly I wouldn't mind others starting their own blog rather than info dump and run.

It's a forum. Stick around and discuss. Pick a topic or two a day and have a discussion about it, not just 17 posts of links and then never read the damn post again. I can search the internet too. I wanna TALK about what I've found in those searchs.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
I don't mind yuli and ru88 or whoever spamming the latest news, saves me having to visit a myriad of sites for the latest regarding the future.

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Ditto, I use this an an all round newspaper of science. Conversation is fine but Kafeel's is very inane and patronising.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Honestly I wouldn't mind others starting their own blog rather than info dump and run.

It's a forum. Stick around and discuss. Pick a topic or two a day and have a discussion about it, not just 17 posts of links and then never read the damn post again. I can search the internet too. I wanna TALK about what I've found in those searchs.

I'm not much of a discusser. I post links to let others discuss them.

What difference does it make?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts

It's spammy, but it's definitely relevant to futurism, so just a warning to see if he/she gets the message should be sufficient.

Kafeel

Kafeel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Guys I didn't know I wasn't causing this much trouble. You know, I am a human being, I make mistakes, I try my best to do things and I am learning everyday. So If you don't want me on this forum then tell me, because I can see the majourty of you guys don't appreciate the effort I go through trying to find informative articles to post on the forum. I just want people to know more about technology. I mean I'm saving you guys time by doing all the research and putting it all together in one place on my blog. So yeah thanks for feedback, but it does hurt and has made me very upset reading this, because a lot you think I am just someone who advertises their website, however I am not. Like I said before I just want people to know about technology. So I am asking you guys now if you want me on this forum, because if this carries on, then I will just stop using this forum. One or two negative comments I can handle, but a whole thread about me, I just can't handle that, because I feel as if I am being attacked and cyberbullied for doing hard work, research and expressing my opinion for something which I love doing. But anyways I'm just getting emotional now so I'll stop. If you want me off this then tell me.     

#RiseOfTechnology

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,697 posts

Guys I didn't know I wasn't causing this much trouble. You know, I am a human being, I make mistakes, I try my best to do things and I am learning everyday. So If you don't want me on this forum then tell me, because I can see the majourty of you guys don't appreciate the effort I go through trying to find informative articles to post on the forum. 

We just want you to post something other than your blog when it comes to links. That'd be like if I posted nothing but a Mother Meki wiki when discussing future politics, economics, and weird technology. At some point, people get tired of seeing my take on it and would rather a more reliable, firsthand source.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts

Guys I didn't know I wasn't causing this much trouble. You know, I am a human being, I make mistakes, I try my best to do things and I am learning everyday. So If you don't want me on this forum then tell me, because I can see the majourty of you guys don't appreciate the effort I go through trying to find informative articles to post on the forum. I just want people to know more about technology. I mean I'm saving you guys time by doing all the research and putting it all together in one place on my blog. So yeah thanks for feedback, but it does hurt and has made me very upset reading this, because a lot you think I am just someone who advertises their website, however I am not. Like I said before I just want people to know about technology. So I am asking you guys now if you want me on this forum, because if this carries on, then I will just stop using this forum. One or two negative comments I can handle, but a whole thread about me, I just can't handle that, because I feel as if I am being attacked and cyberbullied for doing hard work, research and expressing my opinion for something which I love doing. But anyways I'm just getting emotional now so I'll stop. If you want me off this then tell me.     

We don't want you to leave, just to post links to other sites as well as yours.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

You know, I am a human being.

We are too! This thread isn't about slandering or making fun of you, more-so discussing your actions.

Frizz was just being the obvious troll here, you'll get used to that.

I was trying to defend you more-or-less, I'm not very good at that.

In general, this thread was about asking you to comply with our demands through force and torture to tone it down a bit. As Spam Man Yuli Ban said,

At some point, people get tired of seeing my take on it and would rather a more reliable, firsthand source.

Same can be said for the amount of reliable, firsthand source you post in a damn day.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,697 posts

Whee.

Same can be said for the amount of reliable, firsthand source you post in a damn day.

Ge...ugh.....

FUCK IT. Just fuck it! I'll go gegghh ghgehg ghgeh....

tumblr_mvtit5boiv1rz2c2io1_400.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users