Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Our realistic predictions for 2030

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

Exactly, we are all sick of fighting and are beginning to co-operate

I cant see a European collapse in the future

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Exactly, we are all sick of fighting and are beginning to co-operate
I cant see a European collapse in the future

We just need to fix our immigration laws as that just a mess.
Other than that things could be worst. In ireland people are complaining about taxes and paying taxes on water but it could be worst we could be like China and be facing a civil war or be like the US and be seeing riots over police killing black people. Hell Russia cant say we will collaspe there facing tons of crap a possible recession gays being badly mistreated the whole world mistrusting them over ukrain and a goverment that seems to be trying to rebuild the USSR. EU is not perfect but our biggest problems involves money not people killing each other

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

China economy falls as the country goes into civil war between tge communists and those wanting to be more independent.

Europe becomes stricter on immigration only letting people with jobs move permantly into otger countries.

Crime has fallen as weed becomes legal and smart cameras are built around the city than can track people and help the police catch them.

America has since seen a fall of corruption when a law has been passed via wolf pac that makes it illegal for corporations to pay off politians.

Police in America have since started wearing cameras that record their every move as a way to prevent them from abusing their power following the deaths and beatings of several black people in late 2014.

Several countries and a few states in the usa have replaced the police gun with a advanced tazer or some other gun that is aimed at
knocking down criminals not killing them.

smaller drones are invented that can fly into countries and at first glance could appear as birds these will be used as a way to assassinate targets winning and preventing major wars.

Nasa joins up with esa to form a international space agency designed for finding life.

I realize that some police are doing bad things to people of all RACES. A cop killed my younger brother last July, but we can't judge all cases the same as cases the cop was DEFENDING HIMSELF. Brown grabbed the officer's gun and attempted to take it. The New York case is quite different as the cops were wrong to use that kind of force, but let's not bunch all cops as bad. Our lives wouldn't be good at all without them.

We also have to consider that a criminal needs to be taken out in some cases.

babalook

babalook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Welp here's mine.

1. AI personal assistants are extremely human like and handle most busy work that exists today (finances, , many people wouldn't know what to do without theirs. 

2.The internet has changed a fair bit, such that most searches are conducted in the form of a question with the results being close to 100% accuracy.

3. Typing is a rare activity, either by the introduction of sub-vocalization or non-invasive brainwave readers (and implants) at least half of all conversations are done through silent messaging systems. 

4.People rarely own physical screens for computers or TVs since they can project the screens in whatever size, shape, and location they wish using their AR glasses (which are indistinguishable from normal glasses, AR contacts may be within use or close).

5.Delivery drones are common place, Amazon can deliver nearly any product within the weight specifications in under 2 hours. Most food is delivered by drones or self driving cars. 

6. With our increased understanding of the brain, a large array of cognitive enhancement drugs and implant are becoming commercially available.

7. humanoid and quadrupedal household robots have become common(capable of cleaning, cooking, serving, and other servant like tasks), they are connected to the smart house appliances and you can control the robots through your phone/glasses/silent-messaging/other wearable devices. The robots receive constant software upgrades and are connected to millions of app through the cloud.

7.Wireless bone conduction earbuds that are nearly invisible are the main technology used to consume audio information, if the person does not have implants.

8.FIVR is possible but only with highly invasive implants and many tactile sensations are still imperfect.

9. Driverless cars are very common and overall automobile accidents have decreased by about 50%, accidents involving two self driving cars are nearly non-existent. 

10. Through 5G and other novel internet providing systems, all games and media are accessed through the cloud. All people need is a wearable or other device that is subscribed to the service, normally a controller that connects to your visual enhancement aid. 

That's all I can think of right now. 

MissKaioshin

MissKaioshin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

By 2030:

Things I'm relatively sure of:

-Gays, lesbians, and bisexuals will be fully accepted in all of the first world, including the U.S. 

-Transgendered and genderqueer people will also be much more accepted

-We will have a much more automated economy; lots of people will be out of work

-The U.S. will have had a female president

Things I hope for:

-The first anti-aging technologies will have been demonstrated

-Huge advances in biotechnology and regenerative medicine: replacement organs and body parts made from one's own DNA are now real possibilities

-The above advances will trickle down into elective cosmetic surgeries, allowing people to not only look and function like a younger version of themselves, but also to change much of their actual appearance. Gender dysphoric people (like me) will be able to look much more like our chosen gender identity. 

You know what Ol' MissKaioshin says at a time like this? At times like this, MissKaioshin just says..."Whatevs"

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 21,030 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
Gasp!!!! It's MissKaioshin!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

-The world economy has long ago collapsed and has yet to recover.

-People in poorer nations are either starving to death or trying to get in to better countries.

-As a result of the second point, many national borders have been hardened and any illegals are shot.

-Methane releases in the arctic have accelerated global warming.

-The wealthiest one tenth of one percent live in gated paradise like communities while everyone else is eking out an existence in slums.

-Food is scarce and anyone who isn't in the aforementioned wealthy communes suffer from malnutrition.

-India and Pakistan had started warring in the 2020s and haven't stopped since.

I would like to add this to my list:

-Racial tensions are high in many developed countries (many people blame immigrants for the collapse of their nation's economies). Antagonisms between races are more like gang warfare than traditional warfare.

What difference does it make?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

By 2030:

Things I hope for:

I disagree with you on these things. If there will be a large demand for jobs, then someone is going to need to create these jobs. As for effective anti-aging technology for humans, considering how much we don't know about the aging process even right now, I think that expecting this to occur in just 16 years might be too optimistic. 

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

-The world economy has long ago collapsed and has yet to recover.

-People in poorer nations are either starving to death or trying to get in to better countries.

-As a result of the second point, many national borders have been hardened and any illegals are shot.

-Methane releases in the arctic have accelerated global warming.

-The wealthiest one tenth of one percent live in gated paradise like communities while everyone else is eking out an existence in slums.

-Food is scarce and anyone who isn't in the aforementioned wealthy communes suffer from malnutrition.

-India and Pakistan had started warring in the 2020s and haven't stopped since.

I would like to add this to my list:

-Racial tensions are high in many developed countries (many people blame immigrants for the collapse of their nation's economies). Antagonisms between races are more like gang warfare than traditional warfare.

I am tempted to agree with you on this, but only to some extent.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

By 2030:

-Gays, lesbians, and bisexuals will be fully accepted in all of the first world, including the U.S. 

Things I hope for:

-Huge advances in biotechnology and regenerative medicine: replacement organs and body parts made from one's own DNA are now real possibilities

-The above advances will trickle down into elective cosmetic surgeries, allowing people to not only look and function like a younger version of themselves, but also to change much of their actual appearance. Gender dysphoric people (like me) will be able to look much more like our chosen gender identity. 

I'd rather humans merged with robots.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

By 2030:

Things I hope for:

You mean like this? :

500px-Cyborg-teen-titans.jpg

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

By 2030:

Things I hope for:

You mean like this? :

YES, exactly!

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

By 2030:

Things I hope for:

You mean like this? :

YES, exactly!

That would be better than losing our jobs to robots.

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  • LocationCanada

-Solar makes headway but the world is still largely reliant on oil, gas, coal, etc.

-The Middle East is still in conflict, terrorism shows no sign of stopping. 

-Iphone 10 comes out; thin as paper, can be folded into your pocket, holographic projections.

-Computers are fast as heck, but still the same.

-No Mars mission as of yet; due to the world's rising problems, many see a mission to Mars as useless.

-China's economy outstrips the US' by many trillions, and is approaching 30 trillion.

-China is using it's new found status as biggest economy to further it's foreign policy; the U.S. and China are in constant conflict and a new Cold War begins.

-China establishes a moon base.

-US has a woman president.

-Drought is beginning to cause the deaths of thousands in developing countries.

-Minimal progress in anti-aging.

-A few cancers have higher survival rates, still no cure.

-Electric cars are more common, but most people still drive normal cars.

-Nordic countries have split the Arctic Circle amongst themselves and are exploiting it for oil.

-Polar Bears are extinct in the wild.

-Lengthy trials for regenerative medicine are still ongoing.

So yeah, pretty much we'll have fancier electronics, China will be powerful, and global warming will begin to take its toll, but other than that, nothing will really change.

michael92

michael92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

If there is ever going to be a future of far out future of awesomeness it will be built on hard work and capitalism(or a form of it). Certainly, we can use robots to make life easier, but I don't see poverty going away. The cold hard truth is, some humans just work harder and are smarter than some others and will do better in life. I find it scary how after the 20th century we're still having this debate.

Why shouldn't someone that has worked hard and got higher grades be paid more?

I could not agree more. These are my exact thoughts.

I don't think anyone is debating that, under our current system, someone who "works harder and got higher grades" should probably be paid more than someone who doesn't and didn't.

The problem is that minimum wage was invented so that every individual working full time could support a family. Meaning rent, food, transportation, bills. That's no longer the case and it hasn't been the case for a very long time. The minimum wage has to be raised for people to survive.

I don't think there should be a minimum wage at all. Salary should be the business of the employers and the employees. If an employee doesn't like the salary, they're free to try to get a raise or to look for another job.

I really think that our obsession with capitalism will probably be our doom. We are so stuck to the idea that capitalism is the only thing that works that makes me slightly pessimistic about the future.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

If there is ever going to be a future of far out future of awesomeness it will be built on hard work and capitalism(or a form of it). Certainly, we can use robots to make life easier, but I don't see poverty going away. The cold hard truth is, some humans just work harder and are smarter than some others and will do better in life. I find it scary how after the 20th century we're still having this debate.

I don't think anyone is debating that, under our current system, someone who "works harder and got higher grades" should probably be paid more than someone who doesn't and didn't.
The problem is that minimum wage was invented so that every individual working full time could support a family. Meaning rent, food, transportation, bills. That's no longer the case and it hasn't been the case for a very long time. The minimum wage has to be raised for people to survive.
I don't think there should be a minimum wage at all. Salary should be the business of the employers and the employees. If an employee doesn't like the salary, they're free to try to get a raise or to look for another job.

I really think that our obsession with capitalism will probably be our doom. We are so stuck to the idea that capitalism is the only thing that works that makes me slightly pessimistic about the future.

It is not the only things that works it is just the best at the moment.

We could live in a world like star trek where everything is free and people work for the benefit of hamanity but we dont have the resources to do that

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

We could live in a world like star trek where everything is free and people work for the benefit of hamanity but we dont have the resources to do that

And if everything is free, it would be rather hard to enforce the "work for the benefit of humanity" bit.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

And if everything is free, it would be rather hard to enforce the "work for the benefit of humanity" bit.

You might want to read this and this before committing to that idea.

What difference does it make?

michael92

michael92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

You really have to define the "moment". Was capitalism the best in 1973? What about 2008? What about 5-10 years from now?

Capitalism is just plain faith, and you and I have faith in capitalism just because the other people around us have it as well. Our world isn't even capitalist at its core:

webiceberg.jpg

It is true that finding something that is better is hard, but there can be alternatives even today. It is true, however, that there won't be a revolution in economic systems, as capitalism will be replaced gradually by something better.

My main worries are things like these: http://articles.lati...on/oe-shermer22

pixel.gif

"Type 0.9: Democratic capitalism, the blending of liberal democracy and free markets, now spreading across the globe through democratic movements in developing nations and broad trading blocs such as the European Union.

Type 1.0: Globalism that includes worldwide wireless Internet access, with all knowledge digitized and available to everyone. A completely global economy with free markets in which anyone can trade with anyone else without interference from states or governments. A planet where all states are democracies in which everyone has the franchise.

The forces at work that could prevent us from making the great leap forward to a Type 1 civilization are primarily political and economic. The resistance by nondemocratic states to turning power over to the people is considerable, especially in theocracies whose leaders would prefer we all revert to Type 0.4 chiefdoms. The opposition toward a global economy is substantial, even in the industrialized West, where economic tribalism still dominates the thinking of most politicians, intellectuals and citizens."

Just look how plainly faith in capitalism poisons thought and prevents someone thinking outside of the box. It really is sad to see this close-minded line of thinking, the faith in a particular economic system whether it is communism, socialism or capitalism or whatever.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

What else is there besides a modified form of capitalism with safeguards? Capitlism throughout history has been the number one driver of innovation and advancement. What else rewards work and ones passion not only to innovate for himself but for society...Sorry, but good will doesn't work.

What else would drive this???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users