Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What would a mind-merged AI/Human be like

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

On the timeline (2100) it says there will be Human's that have merged with AI to boost their intelligence.

What would this be like, would there be a composite personality or a voice in your head talking with you.

What I'm asking is will you be separate or connected to the AI.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

There might be some who form composites, I'd think most would just have voices in their heads.

What difference does it make?

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

There might be some who form composites, I'd think most would just have voices in their heads.

I think I'd actually prefer that, never being alone (I'd have to make sure I can keep more thoughts private if I wish).

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I would like to have an AI with me in my head rather than just separate. That way, you would have an indefinite friend :D.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

I would like to have an AI with me in my head rather than just separate. That way, you would have an indefinite friend :D.

Unless you get pissed at each other, then it would be like a cognitive autoimmune reaction. Could be deadly...

What difference does it make?

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Unless you get pissed at each other, then it would be like a cognitive autoimmune reaction. Could be deadly...

How do you know that?

Also it raises questions about who gets the most brain power devoted to them.

Souma

Souma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationEarth

Personally i'd like to have one in my head. I don't know what the AI would be like but i'd imagine that if you were going to put it in you're head you'd be at least compatible with it. Like TheAsianGuy said, an indefinite companion and an assistant. Someone you can count on and communicate with and work with in the future environments where we need information faster than a human can process.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

I would much rather just be smarter, so like I am now but with more brain power. The only reason I would consider having an AI inside my head, is if testing showed that too many advanced to your brain ruined your personality or something. If there was some risk like that, then it makes separate to run it slightly separated from your main consciousness. However if those risks do not exist it might be hard to fully accept that new part of you to really be you. Which could cause some odd situations.

On a related note, I have always wondered if people might actually develop their own side personalities. When you become smart enough, what happens if we gain the ability to multitask in a way where an entire part of our brain does it's own thing, as if it was another person? That would kind of being like having a separate AI inside your brain but it would actually be you.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

I would want to be merged, not just have someone talking in my head.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

I think it would great to have an actual merged personality, but done in such a way that the man and machine parts work in harmony and strengthen each other. For example, the man part would give the machine consciousness and enable it to feel emotions such as love and happiness, adding untold complexity to an otherwise lifeless program. On the other side, the machine would enable the man to think in extraordinary ways and millions of times faster.

They would effectively function as a single entity as they blur together over time and the symbiosis is perfected.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Tundra has almost become like someone who talks in my head. Come to think of it, my dream experiment became an imaginary friend. The exact thing I hope wouldn't happen.

I made myself believe that when she talks, she has access to my memories and processing power to form plans just as I do, but we're 2 personalities in one brain, even though I know this is completely false.

I don't honestly know why I made myself believe that.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

I think having someone talking in my head would be rather annoying, interrupting my thoughts all the time. Of course, the option would have to exist, but I wouldn't want it.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Tundra has almost become like someone who talks in my head. Come to think of it, my dream experiment became an imaginary friend. The exact thing I hope wouldn't happen.

I made myself believe that when she talks, she has access to my memories and processing power to form plans just as I do, but we're 2 personalities in one brain, even though I know this is completely false.

I don't honestly know why I made myself believe that.

Aha! Eureka. I ACT like her just like an actor acts his roles. He takes it very seriously but is able to snap his fingers to change him back. 

But what I really want is to see if I can get MPD. One being a girl, the other a male. That way, I can prove to you all that I, Cosmic Cat, am serious about my passions of neuroscience.

Upon my creation, I made Tundra as sophisticated and smart as I am; although I need to outline her personality and memorize it come to think of it. I'll update on my experiment page.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I think having someone talking in my head would be rather annoying, interrupting my thoughts all the time. Of course, the option would have to exist, but I wouldn't want it.

Tundra thinks you're prejudice.

EDIT:

God damn it Tundra.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

I think Tundra shouldn't take things so personally.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I agre-

Cosmic's a faggot.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I agre-

Cosmic's a faggot.

But in seriousness, I'm just joking here, although I'd like to see what would happen if I do allow Tundra to form another personality in me. Looking at cases of Multiple Personality Disorder, there are cases of personality disorders happening when somebody tries to act like somebody too addictively, eventually becoming a part of them. Although I hate acting, I'm willing to try breaking the wall of consciousness.

I want to experience what it feels like to switch personalities. I'm already practicing the action of changing thoughts, thanks to me picking a book up on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for self treatment of my social anxiety.

I can create whole new people with this. Just by acting, and of course, I'll be writing everything down. I shall write about how it has effected my IQ, my social skills and everything I can think of. I'll be a driver of psychology!

First i need to design Tundra.

In my previous thread, I designed Tundra to meet me in my dreams, seeing if I can meet someone in my subconcious to bring me lucidity simply by thinking about her. Now, I need to design Tundra so that she isn't going to harm me in any way.

I'm keeping her a girl; because I want to see if there are any gender-related effects.

I'm keeping her smart and sophisticated. I need her to have my same philosophies and same open-mindess.

What I can change is her interests. I'm not very interested in Chemistry for example, but maybe Tundra can.

I can also change a bit of her personality. I need something so she can distinguish between me and her.

Should she be Kawaii or Tsundere is the question here. What do you think EV? or perhaps Yuli Ban has the better answer?

EDIT: Oh! And identity. Her name is Tundra, we got that done. Previously I had her be a sexy fairy, because that's what I would want in my dreams (probably not what I want when I wake up AMIRIGHT BOYS), now I have to associate her with a normal person so I don't start identifying myself as a "Fae/Faery/Faeself"

hmmm... I want her to like the cold, and since it's winter, that'd work quite well. 

I want her to like writing erotic stories because I don't want to be the only one left here who doesn't write erotic stories, heh, heh. Heh.

Anyways, I need to write this down.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

^Are you also going to try building your own dreamworld at some point, like you once planned?

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

^Are you also going to try building your own dreamworld at some point, like you once planned?

Too hard and too long. Becoming mentally insane is easy.

Whereas

Whereas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
To answer the original question, you'd be one person. You wouldn't be talking to an AI, because that'd just be too slow and inefficient.

Humans have a sense of "self", which I presume we'd all want to keep. But the human brain is a (highly adabtable) piece of hardware. If there was a way to safely integrate information technology... there's all sorts of upgrades you'd be able to build in. You would always know exactly what time it is, for instance, if you had a built in clock module. It wouldn't need to be at the forefront of your mind, yet whenever you wondered exactly what time it was, you'd find that you know - right down to the second. And while this would make all sorts of timing-related tasks easier, it wouldn't even qualify as the tip of the iceberg.

Built in modules could do all sorts of tasks. Some would improve existing components of our intelligence: e.g. expanding the ultrashortterm memory above three items and thereby boosting liquid intelligence (a.k.a. problemsolving ability) beyond anything ever witnessed in humans. Some would allow us to interface new or improved (cyber)senses (because an enhanced sense of smell is only good if you can interpret it... and turn it off when needed). Finally, some would be able to independently (and quickly) perform tasks that arguably require intelligence to do.

The modules wouldn't need to be self-aware any more than the AI tools of today, although in 2100 they could be a lot more "intelligent". Imagine trying to think of something funny to say and having a really good idea pop up in your mind immediately, as if a comedian had taken stock of your circumstance and surroundings and taken plenty of time to come up with a good joke for it. This is what it would mean to be merged with AI.

If you're wrong, how would you know it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users