Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Further issues after the downtime + Like function restored

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

I wonder what would happen if I re-synchronized post counts based on excluding those made in the off topic section... :p

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,575 posts
  • LocationLondon

Out of curiosity, what causes the forums to crash? Is it the host's fault, and if so, would it be difficult to move to a more reliable server?

Various things, sometimes it is related to traffic on the main site which may impact server stability and cause a table to crash (and a simple repair table command usually sorts that)

Maybe I should upgrade the VPS. Our host gave us some extra RAM and bandwidth recently, but if there are still problems occurring like this, more needs to be done.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

I wonder what would happen if I re-synchronized post counts based on excluding those made in the off topic section... :p

You should do it. I don't really mind it; in fact I actually really support it.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Fraid not ;)

Now I can brag that I'm one of the only two who have liked their own posts. You hear that Italian! I liked my own post! Sure beats 11,000 posts now does it!

Spoiler

Frizz's gotta be envious about this.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users