Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slovak Same Sex Marriage/Adoption February 7 Referendum

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

I think that #3 should explicitly not be taught in schools. People go there for knowledge, not pointless distractions. Not sure what it has to do with the other two, though.

Schools should teach not only information, but also how to be a good person.

• Futurist and joe00uk like this

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationUK

I think that #3 should explicitly not be taught in schools. People go there for knowledge, not pointless distractions. Not sure what it has to do with the other two, though.

#3 gives the knowledge of sex/sexual behaviours, etc., a core aspect of human nature for most people, whether you like it or not. It's not really a "pointless distraction".

• Futurist likes this

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

This IS knowledge, more important in their future life than botany or trigonometry. Though i agree, this knowledge should be taught very gently and carefully, without any "practical examples and demonstrations" :)

• joe00uk likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Groveling Goblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Deleted. After the capitalism/communism thing the other week, I don't want to get involved in any heated battles over controversial matters for a while.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

If I was a Slovak, I would say No, Yes and Yes as well.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

joe00uk

joe00uk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • LocationUK

What's wrong with LGBT parenting or sex education in schools?

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

What's wrong with LGBT parenting or sex education in schools?

I mean't No, No and No.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

No to all three. 

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

If one does not allow for gay adoption, than one must not allow for single parents having the ability to raise children, because according to most people, the most damaging thing to a child is being raised "confused" which is a very stupid argument. You might as well argue 2nd generation immigrants are confused that they were born in a foreign country but raised in different ethnicity than everyone in the country. It doesn't take a child's whole life to explain to them "I like fucking men, so that's why you have two dads." I think that the largest driver of a child's well-being is his welfare upon growth; not who he's raised by. The child can be raised by Chinese mafia men for all I care, as long as the caretaker is loving, and responsible then he's good enough for me.

EDIT: That is a no, no, no for all questions.

• Cody930, Futurist, Mashallah and 2 others like this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

On February 7, Slovaks will be asked three questions:

1. Do you agree that only a bond between one man and one woman can be called marriage?

2. Do you agree that same-sex couples or groups should not be allowed to adopt and raise children?

3. Do you agree that schools cannot require children to participate in education pertaining to sexual behaviour or euthanasia if their parents don’t agree?

As a Pole I can't vote, but I would say No, Yes and Yes. Here's a video made by people who are slight more radical and vote three Yes:

Translation:

"Here are your new parents"

"Where's mom?"

From the votes on Youtube video, I think that slighty more people would probably vote three yes. I also like one of the comments: "Everyone talks about the rights of LGBTs, but what about the rights of children?"

A couple of issues with this one (i know it's not your comment Kemotx don't worry)

1. Children in almost ever case, don't pick their parents, so arguing this is against the child's rights is a bit B.S in my opinion
  2. Is a loving gay couple worse than an abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple
  3. "Wheres Mummy" is not any cause for concern for our gay couple, this Child likely knows that Mum+Dad is the standard family layout and is confused, not because he inherently disagrees with gay adoption (hes too young to make a philosophical decision like that) 
  4. Pretty much every study says that gay couples are not any worse than straight ones, so why not

I agree with this, but I would also like to point out that if a child being raised by a same-sex couple wants a mother figure or a father figure, then this child can spend more time with his or her uncles/aunts/great-uncles/great-aunts/et cetera. Thus, this isn't a problem which can't be dealt with.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

No, no and no.

I myself am tempted to completely agree with you on this, Armchair Anarchist. :)

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Homophobia just needs to be made illegal. No expression of it must be allowed in any way, shape or form. Just the scientific facts, no bias whatsoever. When there are only the facts about this matter in particular, there won't be any of this ridiculous prejudice against the LGBT community you unfortunately see running rampant around countries like Russia.

I disagree with this since that would be a violation of free speech; heck, I had many (in the double-digits) Jewish relatives who were killed in the Holocaust, and yet I am tempted to oppose criminalizing Holocaust denial since that would be a violation of free speech. Let idiots speak out so that they can discredit themselves--at least, that's my own view in regards to this.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

And an example a bit closer to me: sure, it might hurt my feelings when someone says that I'm a freak and should be shot for being transgender. But it'd offend me way more if that person got arrested for that.

I strictly oppose all kinds of bullshit laws that limit the freedom of speech in any way or form.

Such an individual certainly shouldn't be prosecuted just for having these views, but such an individual should certainly be encouraged (not forced) to educate himself or herself on this topic much more, as well as to get mental health treatment if necessary.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

I'm not afraid of LGBT's (I'm one btw) and I don't hate them. I just think that having Mother and Father is a sufficient reason. I will fight for equal treating and almost all rights, and I'm against abuse of LGBTs. Now I do believe that there are many responsible same-sex parents, for example those who want their children to know one/two biological parents. I still believe they are harming their child though.

Just so people won't think I'm a hypocrite, I would also oppose one-person Ectogenesis. Why? Only one parent.

Now I absolutely don't agree with "children will be bullied" argument; that's not it's fault but the fault of bullies. Altrough yes, in East Europe that would likely happen.

Which is interesting since you are allowing your beliefs to override evidence to the contrary...as I've probably pointed out for the third or fourth time at this point on this topic. 

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Kemotx

Kemotx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationWrocław

I'm not afraid of LGBT's (I'm one btw) and I don't hate them. I just think that having Mother and Father is a sufficient reason. I will fight for equal treating and almost all rights, and I'm against abuse of LGBTs. Now I do believe that there are many responsible same-sex parents, for example those who want their children to know one/two biological parents. I still believe they are harming their child though.

Just so people won't think I'm a hypocrite, I would also oppose one-person Ectogenesis. Why? Only one parent.

Now I absolutely don't agree with "children will be bullied" argument; that's not it's fault but the fault of bullies. Altrough yes, in East Europe that would likely happen.

Which is interesting since you are allowing your beliefs to override evidence to the contrary...as I've probably pointed out for the third or fourth time at this point on this topic. 

I know well about that "evidence". This is not a debate about creationism/global warming though, as I said, for me having a a mother and father is a sufficient reason. Children will love the same sex parents and I don't doubt that they will be raised in a happy family (Not every child would be like the one in the video). But I think that in some cases "evidence" doesn't apply since for me this is a moral dilemma, not a scientific one.

Yes, for me, "In my opinion a child should have a mother and a father" is a good argument. Not a scientific but a philosophical one.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

I don't know about what you guys think, but I would prefer

1. Do you agree that only a bond between one man and one woman can be called marriage?

2. Do you agree that same-sex couples or groups should not be allowed to adopt and raise children?

3. Do you agree that schools cannot require children to participate in education pertaining to sexual behaviour or euthanasia if their parents don’t agree?

As a Pole I can't vote, but I would say No, Yes and Yes. Here's a video made by people who are slight more radical and vote three Yes:

Translation:

"Where's mom?"

From the votes on Youtube video, I think that slighty more people would probably vote three yes. I also like one of the comments: "Everyone talks about the rights of LGBTs, but what about the rights of children?"

A couple of issues with this one (i know it's not your comment Kemotx don't worry)

1. Children in almost ever case, don't pick their parents, so arguing this is against the child's rights is a bit B.S in my opinion
  2. Is a loving gay couple worse than an abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple
  3. "Wheres Mummy" is not any cause for concern for our gay couple, this Child likely knows that Mum+Dad is the standard family layout and is confused, not because he inherently disagrees with gay adoption (hes too young to make a philosophical decision like that) 
  4. Pretty much every study says that gay couples are not any worse than straight ones, so why not

I would personally be brought up by abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple than a gay couple. So would all my friends. I will just leave this here. Why? Well, because that's how it is.

Wat

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

I don't know about what you guys think, but I would prefer

Translation:

"Where's mom?"

I would personally be brought up by abusive/fighting/divorced straight couple than a gay couple. So would all my friends. I will just leave this here. Why? Well, because that's how it is.

I certainly wouldn't, though, since that sounds much worse than being raised by a happy, functioning gay couple. :(

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

I know well about that "evidence". This is not a debate about creationism/global warming though, as I said, for me having a a mother and father is a sufficient reason. Children will love the same sex parents and I don't doubt that they will be raised in a happy family (Not every child would be like the one in the video). But I think that in some cases "evidence" doesn't apply since for me this is a moral dilemma, not a scientific one.

Yes, for me, "In my opinion a child should have a mother and a father" is a good argument. Not a scientific but a philosophical one.

Of course it isn't that debate..little strange to compare it to those but okay..in any case this is still dealing with biology and psychology which have both social and science implications. If a child must have a mother and father, however, then how do you respond to the scenarios laid out in Cosmic Cat's post?

• Futurist likes this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Of course it isn't that debate..little strange to compare it to those but okay..in any case this is still dealing with biology and psychology which have both social and science implications. If a child must have a mother and father, however, then how do you respond to the scenarios laid out in Cosmic Cat's post?

Did Cosmic Cat even make any posts in this thread? Plus, it is worth noting that Kemotx's premise that all children should have both a mother and a father is a false one. After all, by that rationale, single parents (including widowed parents) should not be allowed to raise children at all.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Did Cosmic Cat even make any posts in this thread? Plus, it is worth noting that Kemotx's premise that all children should have both a mother and a father is a false one. After all, by that rationale, single parents (including widowed parents) should not be allowed to raise children at all.

Yes and that's the point he made. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users