Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is wrong with the forum?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Williever

Williever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Any administrators out there? I haven't been able to view any topics for nearly a week now. Would be nice to know if any one can fix the problem. Thank you

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Should be fixed now. 

~Jon

a1b3c6

a1b3c6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Should be fixed now. 

...Is there an explanation as to why this seems to be happening so much lately? There have been times when I can't access either the forums, topics, or even the whole website itself for up to a week at a time.

I'm not trying to sound demanding or angry, but I dont remember this site having problems like this just a couple months ago.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Should be fixed now. 

...Is there an explanation as to why this seems to be happening so much lately? There have been times when I can't access either the forums, topics, or even the whole website itself for up to a week at a time.

I'm not trying to sound demanding or angry, but I dont remember this site having problems like this just a couple months ago.

I *think* it's something to do with extremely high traffic, but I'm not a database admin or any other kind of expert.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Should be fixed now. 

I only look after the forum so I can't speak for why the main site might be unavailable, but as noted above sometimes if we experience particularly high traffic from a source such as Reddit that can have an adverse effect on the server, although normally that should be fixed in a few hours in terms of main site access.

As for the forum, the issues are usually caused by a table crashing for some reason or another, this can be related to heavy traffic or it can also be related to SQL injection problems amongst other things (something as simple as someone trying to make a post with strange characters in it). The software does a good job of letting me debug and find the issue but sometimes I need to spend half an hour manually checking each table in mysql (and there are over 140 tables for this forum).

Normally I would hope to be able to fix any issue pretty quickly, but obviously can only do this once I am aware of it, so anyone can feel free to send me a PM should they come across anything since I often am not able to check in on the site every day and as I am sure many have noted, I am not the most active user these days (life gets in the way, eh).

~Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users