Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enhancing the senses

senses vision

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ironland

ironland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFinland

You know, the part of the spectrum of light we are able to perceive, called the visible spectrum, is a tiny part of the spectrum of light in the universe. A normal human eye only sees wavelenghts from about 390 to 700nm. What would it be like to experience, to see all of the wavelenghts of light? What would it look like? What would it be like to hear all the frequencies of sound? What would it be like to experience the universe in all of its glory, not just the tiny part that our organs and brains have evolved to perceive? It seems we are trapped in this tiny room with a tiny window, unable to perceive true reality. Everything we experience is defined by our quite limited senses. When do you think it might be possible to augment these senses and realize reality in its full potential? How might this affect our thinking and our view of life and the universe? How would our limited consciousness cope with this? Fascinating stuff. Just sayin'.

787px-EM_spectrum.svg.png

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

It'd be incomprehensible for us. Colors that could not even be described. It'd be like describing the colors of the rainbow to a blind person.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

It'd be incomprehensible for us. Colors that could not even be described. It'd be like describing the colors of the rainbow to a blind person.

We'd comprehend it, you just wouldn't be able to tell anybody without it what the co lour looked like.

Anyhow, I was told by my physics teacher, that if you saw every single band of light, it would all just be white (which is the color of "pure" light).

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

thats fundamental for a longevity perspective. our senses are limited and after a while, if don't enhance that, there is a risk that we become de-motivated to live.

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

thats fundamental for a longevity perspective. our senses are limited and after a while, if don't enhance that, there is a risk that we become de-motivated to live.

I've thought about that, but there is so much to discover in the universe even with our basic senses. I think somebody with no augmentations beyond immortality could live an incredible life exploring.

And if that was not enough people might consider wiping all but their most important memories (i.e name, family members, why I don't remember everything) and experience everything again.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: senses, vision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users