Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2020 (5G tech)

5G Wireless Cell Phone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Riot848

Riot848

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Were a 5G family of standards to be implemented, it would likely be around the year 2020, according to some sources.[1] A new mobile generation has appeared every 10th year since the first 1G system (NMT) was introduced in 1981, including the 2G (GSM) system that started to roll out in 1992, 3G (W-CDMA/FOMA), which appeared in 2001, and "real" 4G standards fulfilling the IMT-Advanced requirements, that were ratified in 2011 and products expected in 2011-2012. Predecessor technologies have occurred on the market a few years before the new mobile generation, for example the pre-3G systemCdmaOne/IS95 in 1995, and the pre-4G systems Mobile WiMAX and LTE in 2005 and 2009 respectively.
The development of the 2G (GSM) and 3G (IMT-2000 and UMTS) standards took about 10 years from the official start of the R&D projects, and development of 4G systems started in 2001 or 2002.[2][3] However, still no transnational 5G development projects have officially been launched, and industry representatives have expressed scepticism towards 5G.[4]
New mobile generations are typically assigned new frequency bands and wider spectral bandwidth per frequency channel (1G up to 30 kHz, 2G upto 200 kHz, 3G upto 5 MHz, and 4G upto 40 MHz), but sceptics argue that there is little room for new frequency bands or larger channel bandwidths.[4] From users point of view, previous mobile generations have implied substantial increase in peak bitrate (i.e. physical layer net bitrates for short-distance communication). However, no source suggests 5G peak download and upload rates of more than the 1 Gbps to be offered by ITU-R's definition of 4G systems.[2] If 5G appears, and reflects these prognoses, the major difference from a user point of view between 4G and 5G techniques must be something else than increased maximum throughput; for example lower battery consumption, lower outage probability (better coverage), high bit rates in larger portions of the coverage area, cheaper or no traffic fees due to low infrastructure deployment costs, or higher aggregate capacity for many simultaneous users (i.e. higher system level spectral efficiency). Those are the objectives in several of the research papers below.

Source --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G

Logically Irrational

Logically Irrational

For Lack of a Better Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationHoover Dam
Well, there is a difference between being used and being standardized. 4G is has been around, but it's not fully standardized yet. I can believe 5G will be used in 2019 like the timeline says, but I'm not positive about it being standardized in 2020. Early to mid 2020s for sure I would say.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,063 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

This was probably a spam bot, but otherwise: very interesting post! Neat to see that 5G predictions were accurate.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users