Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World's Largest Economy in 2050 and 2100?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: World's largest economy in... (73 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Voted United States (27 votes [30.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.68%

2. India (7 votes [7.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

3. Brazil (2 votes [2.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

4. Mexico (2 votes [2.27%] - View)

5. Russian Federation (2 votes [2.27%] - View)

6. Voted PRC (42 votes [47.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.73%

7. Other (6 votes [6.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

1. United States (19 votes [20.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.88%

2. India (20 votes [21.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.98%

3. Brazil (3 votes [3.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

4. Mexico (1 votes [1.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.10%

5. Voted Russian Federation (10 votes [10.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.99%

6. Some place in Africa (4 votes [4.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.40%

7. PRC (19 votes [20.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.88%

8. Other (15 votes [16.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I've gone for China 2050 and other for 2100, I'm hoping for Michio Kakus prediction of achieving Type 1 Civilization status around that time and that in 2100 there is a much larger (and far more advanced both in prosperity and technology) economy that has since learned the mistakes of past failures such as the European Union. Perhaps not a completely global economy but one large enough and successful enough to be heading in that direction. 

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

nikkisixx101

nikkisixx101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

2050- China, india, US, Japan, turkey.    2100- China, India, US, turkey, japan.

Chinas economy is surpassing ours (US) by early / mid next decade, thats only a few more years really. No their is not going to be any sort of economic collapse for china, it is way to well run to fall into something stupid like that. Say what you want about democracy but the chinese government has been the most effective government in recent history. 

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

Why do people think Mexico will be all that powerful in the future? Their problems are pretty freaking hard to get over what with corruption, and a drug war that's literally a war....

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

Say what you want about democracy but the chinese government has been the most effective government in recent history. 

Lies, filthy statists could never trump the FREE AMERICAN MARKET./s

In all honestly China has village democracies, the small edge of wedge is already there.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I think most people here are underestimating Russia for 2100, because, let's not forget, Russia will be one of the few countries that benefit massively from global warming.

I won't be so sure of that.

If countries closer to the equator found a way to cheaply desalinate ocean water, construct fusion power plants at a reasonable cost and developed more advanced means of vertical farming, it won't matter if Russia becomes the best place to grow crops due to its favorable climate.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

I think farming is a bit overrated in terms of industry. I fully expect huge vertical/factory farms that are fully enclosed and climate controlled to be the norm. We can't use normally farming methods or we will have a food crisis on our hands.

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

I think most people here are underestimating Russia for 2100, because, let's not forget, Russia will be one of the few countries that benefit massively from global warming.

How will Russia benefit? Once the perma-frost starts melting you go from a mostly uninhabitable place with solid footing to a swamp..... a very very big swampy area. I imagine the mosquito will love it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users