Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2030 job queries

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

I've got some questions/comments about the timeline's 2030 entry. Specifically about the "emerging job titles of today" section.

*"Avatar Manager / Devotee" -- what exactly is this, and why would you need someone to manage your avatar?
*"Nano Medic" -- are you sure that isn't just a regular doctor using nanotechnology?
*"Narrowcaster" -- what's that?
*"Vertical Farmer" -- there are already farmers; this is just one that happens to work a different type of farm. Also likely to emerge before 2030, but that's another matter.
*"Virtual Lawyer", "Virtual Teacher" -- as above, they're just examples of new technology being incorporated into existing jobs.
*"Waste Data Handler" -- not going to criticism this one off the bat, but what exactly would they do?

• joe00uk likes this

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

@wjfox: Care to comment, sense they're you're predictions?

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
He *never* checks this subforum for some reason. You have to put a link on a status post to get his attention.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/DGe_Sluth3A

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

Maybe a nano medic is Dennis Quaid dancing to Twisting the night away.

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,683 posts
  • LocationLondon

He *never* checks this subforum for some reason. You have to put a link on a status post to get his attention.

I read everything, I just don't always have time to respond. ;)

During the day, I have a busy job in central London. In the evening, I come home feeling absolutely exhausted. If I have the time/energy, I'll maybe have time to do a blog or two in the evening, or a prediction. At weekends I have more time, so I tend to work more on predictions. In between all this, I have to find time for a social life, hobbies, interests, etc...

There are many predictions that were written back in 2009-10 and need updating. However, I'm currently devoting large amounts of time to getting our mobile/responsive site up and ready... after which, I'll be going through and updating the entire timeline (including those 2030 jobs listed above). :) I expect the new site to be finished in the next 2-3 months.

My ultimate goal is to work on this website full time – though I don't expect this to happen for at least a year or two. Doing so would enable 3 or 4 times as many blogs/updates each day – but I don't earn enough yet. I'm working on ways to boost our revenue.

• Piman, caltrek, PrimordialBeing and 5 others like this

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Test

~Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users