Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Historical images, videos and articles - general thread

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,107 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Stuka dive-bombers fly over, Immola, July 2, 1944

16775235529_a22d4a3c84_k.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

A Finnish soldier and his dog, Hämeenlinna, Finland. February 1941.
16957619931_48534aeaab_o.jpg

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Stalin and Churchill in Livadia Palace during the Yalta Conference, February 1945

16868403600_9750268881_o.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Detachment Törni (renowned for its effectiveness in combat), under the command of Lauri Törni, prepares for a counter attack, north of Tolvajärvi, July 27, 1944.

16461812643_8b7cf170eb_h.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Russian prisoner captured during The Winter War, circa 1940

LSfx8uV.jpgThis poor man knows he's doomed. Seen as subhuman by the Nazis, and a traitor to the motherland by the Soviets (you weren't supposed to be captured; if you were, and you were rescued, you'd be executed), he's done for.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Sigmund Freud, 1921

CS56X3r.png

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

NSFL
Kazimiera Mika, a ten-year-old Polish girl, mourns the death of her older sister, who was killed in a field near Jana Ostroroga Street in Warsaw during a German air raid by Luftwaffe. September 13, 1939

Spoiler

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Children watch as their neighborhood is bombed in Minsk, Belorussia. The bombing was part of Operation Barbarossa. June, 1941

16225419949_7a8dbf4cbb_h.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Two U.S. soldiers of C Company, 36th Armored Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division seek shelter behind a M-4 Sherman tank at Geich, near Düren, Germany, on 11 December 1944

16310237432_724e95da59_h.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 22,107 posts

I'm stopping here; there are too many parts and, if you're still watching, just watch it on YouTube. Still, definitely one of the darkest days in history. At the same time, I also feel it's been blown up (no pun intended) into being a lot more than it was; we killed a thousand times the number of people who died on 9/11 in the subsequent decade.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Battle_of_Los_Angeles_ufo.jpg

The Battle of Los Angeles, during the night of 24-25 February 1942. Perhaps the single most mysterious UFO sighting in history.

PS, with this thread active, I might as well move over images from other Old Pictures threads.

That's pretty interesting. First time hearing about this Lol surprised I've never come across it before.

The WTC videos do indeed depict a dark day. Even now though, for me it's just really hard watching them. 

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Yeltsin and Clinton when USA and Russia were in good relations

xin_08040424060687288755.jpg

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Yeltsin and Clinton when USA and Russia were in good relations

xin_08040424060687288755.jpg

:p

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,407 posts
  • LocationLondon

The last public execution by guillotine, France, 1939

In the early morning of 17 June 1939, Eugène Weidmann became the last person to be publicly executed by guillotine. He had been convicted of multiple kidnappings and murders, including that of a young American socialite.

http://rarehistorica...ne-france-1939/

uuTy3iy.jpg

0dSA16u.jpg

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

Sadam Hussein purging the Ba'athist party of disloyal members on 1979. The name calling is at 21:15, where he calls out the names of members he found disloyal, framing them for being part of a plan to overthrow him, and then the people would leave the room to either be imprisoned or shot.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/Gnyr3sbdKkU

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands

English explanation of the event.

Outlook's secret song of the ~week: https://youtu.be/Gnyr3sbdKkU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users